Trip Report Riffraff, Street Rat...No one appreciates I'm broke.

What a great trip!

We arrived October 19th and left on the 24th. It was another stay at a Value, which I keep saying is my last time at a Value but with these yearly trips instead of every other year that's what is in the budget. This was a last minute (well 65 days is last minute for Disney) mother and other daughter trip (in case you read my mother daughter report from last year) , so we raided the coin jars, searched the couch cushions, stole money out of my husbands wallet and made it happen. We hit each park for one day each and had an evening at Disney Springs. I didn't take notes and I only have my photos as a guide for this report so we better get on with the details before I forget everything.

Trip takers for this one: Me & E. Sorry but the all pictures of us look just like this.

IMG_1302.JPG

Saturday, October 19th:

E drove to my house the night before since we had a morning flight. We got up around 4:45 am and was on the road by 5:20. The ride to the airport is a tad bit over two hours so we made a pit stop. I've added this since we crazy Disney people seem to like bathroom, light fixtures and food pictures.
IMG_1072.JPG

Everything went smooth at the airport, as proof here is the obligatory airport photo. She has no idea how many photos are in her future.
ILYW4489.JPG

When we arrived at ME it was the most crowded I've had to deal with. I guess I've been lucky in the past. We waited awhile but then had our own bus to the resort. Which is good because sharing a bus sucks 85% of the time.

IMG_1078.JPG

E commented several times that our driver was in the video but I missed it every time due to gawking out the windows. I didn't have cash on me to tip the driver. I always feel like a schmuck when I don't tip the bus driver from MDE. Why? I don't know. I don't tip the maid. I digress

IMG_1079.JPG

We arrived at POP and I hadn't received a room ready text so off we go to the front desk and wait our turn. The oddest CM I've ever dealt with helped us. He was young and in my opinion trying to impress/badly flirt with E. I previously requested a room in building 6 facing the water, I wanted close to the skyliner, we got building 3. It was the next building over and wasn't bad. E was celebrating college graduation and on her celebrating pin he wrote Navigator since he said she was in charge of the room map. Both confused and ready to run we headed to our room.

IMG_1080.JPG

IMG_1081.JPG

We put both beds down and there was still plenty of room for both of us to walk around.

With stomachs rumbling we headed for the bus stop to Disney Springs

IMG_1082.JPG

Here's the - I just arrived at Disney face -
IMG_1084.JPG

And the - try not to look like an idiot and just be cool face -
IMG_1085.JPG

Last edited:

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
That reddish "salt" is called Tajín, I love it too! You can ask for it when ordering margaritas from Choza de Margarita too.

I've seen it over the spices isle at some U.S. supermarkets.
I always have it around at home, and like to pour some over pineapple chunks or mangoes. Yum! 😋
Thank you! I'm going to have to check out our local grocery store. The husband loves margaritas on ice and I know he would really like the Tajin

epcotisbest

:happy: Too funny... I too tend to find myself lining up before common sense kicks in.... not that I'm saying Brit's don't have common sense.... :oops::D

One time many years ago we walked past a long line to the Flower Power concert at F&G and had not checked to see who was performing that night. We did not get in line but struck up a conversation with some people standing in line and asked them who was playing.
They said they did not know but it must be someone good since the line formed early!
We kept going, not getting in line, and best I remember it was someone I would not have wanted to see anyway.
Oh, I miss your previous avatar with the big smile. It was my second favorite avatar on here.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
One time many years ago we walked past a long line to the Flower Power concert at F&G and had not checked to see who was performing that night. We did not get in line but struck up a conversation with some people standing in line and asked them who was playing.
They said they did not know but it must be someone good since the line formed early!
We kept going, not getting in line, and best I remember it was someone I would not have wanted to see anyway.
Oh, I miss your previous avatar with the big smile. It was my second favorite avatar on here.

Your story is exactly what I mean. :hilarious:

Second? Second? What?

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
The water and break in American Adventure helped my headache. We had countries to visit.

IMG_1503 (2).JPG

IMG_1504 (2).JPG

E was craving a snack but just couldn't decide on one.

IMG_1506 (2).JPG

I found one for myself. White chocolate with coconut. :hungry: Good but not worth the money. I knew I was buying one scoop but I guess my scoops are bigger than others. I still enjoyed it though.

IMG_1505.JPG

IMG_1507.JPG

IMG_1508 (2).JPG

I believe we had a 4th FP for Soarin.

IMG_1509.JPG

Score!

IMG_1510.JPG

IMG_1511.JPG

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
One side is apparently more well liked than the other.

Water

IMG_1512.JPG

No water.

IMG_1513.JPG

We were getting hungry and E had originally wanted to eat at Nine Dragons. After seeing what all Food & Wine had she quickly changed her mind and we canceled the reservation to eat at more booths. We weren't starving so only stopped at a few

First was Flavors from the Fire. Two booths stood out the most for me and this was one.

The Smoked Corned Beef was excellent!
IMG_1514.JPG

The other one was the Mexican Booth. Between the Clasica Margarita and Taco it was my favorite

Taco de Puerco - phenomenal! E and I didn't share.
IMG_1515.JPG

If I was you I'd skip these chicken dumplings. E and I both got our own. They were old, cold, blah. I think I read that in someone else's TR too.

IMG_1517.JPG

I normally wouldn't say anything about performers trying to make a living but I have to say this was the worst performance I think I've ever seen. The man with the sword in his mouth was the only one worth watching. The girls with the flags just danced in circles for a few minutes (and not a traditional chinese dance, just spinning in circles). I'll spare you the rest of my photos. Items were dropped... a lot. What wasn't dropped was very boring to see. I'm surprised that this is what China chooses to have as entertainment. Isn't China known for having great acrobats?

IMG_1518.JPG

IMG_1519.JPG

IMG_1521.JPG

IMG_1522 (2).JPG

IMG_1523 (2).JPG

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
We made another necessary stop. I wanted to give this Disney favorite another chance. E loved it and ate most of it. Me, I think there are other things I'd rather eat.

IMG_1525.JPG

I'm not one to get excited about famous people. But when I heard the music I couldn't help but start dancing in the walkways. I mean who doesn't love Prince. I'm not talking about Eric, or Charming, or Philip, or.... I can't think of any others at the moment.

But PRINCE, as in the Revolution! If you were a Prince fan then you should know who Sheila E is.

IMG_1528.JPG

E went to find the nearest John and I told her I would wait right here and hangout. There were a few of us old ladies dancing around.

IMG_1527.JPG

IMG_1530.JPG

E was starting to drag. These long days weren't just affecting me but her too. She was developing a blister on her heal. We walked up towards Future world to look around Mouse Gears and try one more snack.

IMG_1533 (2).JPG

IMG_1535 (2).JPG

The Liquid Nitro Chocolate Truffle at The Chocolate Studio. I had a bite and it was very good. E was in heaven so I let her have at it.

IMG_1536 (2).JPG

We slowly walked (me to soak the last bit of the night in and E because she didn't listen to her momma and didn't wear the shoes I suggested) to the International Gateway. We hopped on the Skyliner back to the resort and rode with an odd family. Luckily when we switched lines to POP we didn't get stuck with them again. It didn't take long to fall asleep.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom