Trip Report Riffraff, Street Rat...No one appreciates I'm broke.

What a great trip!

We arrived October 19th and left on the 24th. It was another stay at a Value, which I keep saying is my last time at a Value but with these yearly trips instead of every other year that's what is in the budget. This was a last minute (well 65 days is last minute for Disney) mother and other daughter trip (in case you read my mother daughter report from last year) , so we raided the coin jars, searched the couch cushions, stole money out of my husbands wallet and made it happen. We hit each park for one day each and had an evening at Disney Springs. I didn't take notes and I only have my photos as a guide for this report so we better get on with the details before I forget everything.

Trip takers for this one: Me & E. Sorry but the all pictures of us look just like this.

IMG_1302.JPG

Saturday, October 19th:

E drove to my house the night before since we had a morning flight. We got up around 4:45 am and was on the road by 5:20. The ride to the airport is a tad bit over two hours so we made a pit stop. I've added this since we crazy Disney people seem to like bathroom, light fixtures and food pictures.
IMG_1072.JPG

Everything went smooth at the airport, as proof here is the obligatory airport photo. She has no idea how many photos are in her future.
ILYW4489.JPG

When we arrived at ME it was the most crowded I've had to deal with. I guess I've been lucky in the past. We waited awhile but then had our own bus to the resort. Which is good because sharing a bus sucks 85% of the time.

IMG_1078.JPG

E commented several times that our driver was in the video but I missed it every time due to gawking out the windows. I didn't have cash on me to tip the driver. I always feel like a schmuck when I don't tip the bus driver from MDE. Why? I don't know. I don't tip the maid. I digress

IMG_1079.JPG

We arrived at POP and I hadn't received a room ready text so off we go to the front desk and wait our turn. The oddest CM I've ever dealt with helped us. He was young and in my opinion trying to impress/badly flirt with E. I previously requested a room in building 6 facing the water, I wanted close to the skyliner, we got building 3. It was the next building over and wasn't bad. E was celebrating college graduation and on her celebrating pin he wrote Navigator since he said she was in charge of the room map. Both confused and ready to run we headed to our room.

IMG_1080.JPG

IMG_1081.JPG

We put both beds down and there was still plenty of room for both of us to walk around.

With stomachs rumbling we headed for the bus stop to Disney Springs

IMG_1082.JPG

Here's the - I just arrived at Disney face -
IMG_1084.JPG

And the - try not to look like an idiot and just be cool face -
IMG_1085.JPG

Last edited:

Gurt

Great report I am with E on the Emu's at the zoo we go to here they have them roaming around freely I do not like that bit! I love your simba shirts.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
After our FOP experience and E's revelation that it is worth the wait (well up to an hour so says E). We went back to POP to relax a bit. I know everyone seems to think AK is the hottest for some reason. I tend to think everyone is nuts. But of course this day was the hottest day of our trip and we needed a break. I still think everyone is nuts. The buses up to this point have been very quick. Not this time. It took forever. Multiple buses from other parks came and went. When E would check the board there was never a time for the AK bus. Not complaining about the buses. It was our only long wait this trip.

IMG_1374.JPG

IMG_1376.JPG

IMG_1377.JPG

We decided on Flame Tree for dinner. I mobile ordered as we were walking into the park. I got just the pulled pork sandwich and it was very good. E got the pulled pork mac n cheese. E liked it but her portion seemed a little small which was a first for us this trip.

IMG_1380.JPG

I've heard people talk about the seating behind Flame tree and I never had been there, actually this is the first time in 13 years we ate there. It was so large and beautiful......and full of birds :hilarious:

The birds were very brave and the lady at the table in the same area we were said a bird came and stole a whole sandwich!
There were hardly any people there so it was a nice peaceful place to eat. Unfortunately E ate very fast and we had to leave

IMG_1381.JPG

IMG_1382.JPG

IMG_1383.JPG

IMG_1386.JPG

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
We only had a few hours left in the park and we weren't having luck scoring another FOP FP and E didn't want to wait over an hour to ride. This I agree. We did find one for Nav'i so off we went.

IMG_1390.JPG

IMG_1391.JPG

IMG_1393.JPG

IMG_1400.JPG

How had we not seen this yet today. E wasn't feeling it at first but we always enjoy watching and hearing other peoples reactions that aren't aware of what's going to happen.

IMG_1404.JPG

IMG_1407.JPG

We decided to ride Expedition Everest one last time. There wasn't very many people around, most must be over in Pandora

IMG_1408.JPG

This face I'm making is pretty much the entire look I had the whole time on EE. I forgot I had my Donald hat on until we started to go backwards. We laughed the whole ride.

IMG_1410.JPG

The park was just about to close and we had one last thing we were wanting to do/get. We walked back towards Africa looking for Tamu lounge. We finished the night with a Rum Dole Whip. It was very delicious but not very potent. We only got a few steps when they closed up for the night. We found a table close by and enjoyed our drinks and people watched.

IMG_1411.JPG

It was another great day! It got very hot and we did a lot of zigzagging back and forth which I really hate doing but with FP's and show times it is what it is. The one thing I really wanted to do that we missed out on was the Finding Nemo Show. I fell in love with it last year with C and really wanted to do it but we would've had to wait over 45 minutes for the next show to start and we decided to take a break instead.

Tomorrow will be the day E has been looking forward to the most.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
It's our last full day, October 23rd. Epcot is open from 9am - 9pm. I actually get to sleep until about 7:15am!!

Epcot is E's favorite park. No breaks today. E wants to be there from open to close.

That's E. Third floor, two windows from the red transmitter. You may have to squint to see her.

IMG_1412.JPG

It's a beautiful morning. We actually have cabin mates this time. A nice couple from Kentucky. Our discussion is mainly regarding the Skyliners in comparison to the Skyway at Cedar Point in Ohio. Now those scare the bejesus out of me.

IMG_1414.JPG

As told by @wdisney9000 this is where I'm now officially RiffRaff :joyfull: (I kid, because I'm not offended in the least). As we go through bag check there is a line against the rail, the right side of the walkway, it starts all the way up at the bridge between France and UK and goes to the bagcheck. They are waiting for Epcot to open to be able to enter the park. I look at a security guard and ask if she wants us to stand back at bag check, there are many people coming in behind me. We both decide the line is ridiculous and E and I head all the way up to the front where there is so much space. (fill in all available spaces, isn't that what CM's are always saying). I feel a little self conscious but keep walking. As we are walking up I noticed people behind us starting walking up too.

I will say the CM at the very front didn't seem happy that the walkway was now full. She is the one that wanted everyone over to one side. maybe I broke a safety rule that only she new about and was the only one trying to enforce it. Oops. Down came the ropes and everyone was off. No pushing, no shoving, everyone seemed happy as we were all moving forward, except for that one CM. She kept yelling to stay to the right and to keep the other side of the pathway clear. :hilarious: Who was coming? No one. It's not like everyone from the main entrance was going to be coming to World Showcase. We were all trying to get to Future World, well actually E and I were going to hit up Frozen first but there was a CM stopping everyone from going to Frozen. He was letting everyone know it was down.

IMG_1415.jpg

We headed to Test Track instead.

IMG_1416.JPG

E's design

IMG_1417.JPG

IMG_1418.JPG

IMG_1420.JPG

We had an early FP for Soarin

IMG_1421.JPG

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
After our Soarin flight we headed to Nemo, wait time said 20 minutes. We never stopped walking in the que until we got to our Clam Shell.

IMG_1422.JPG

IMG_1424.JPG

IMG_1429.JPG

I tried to get E to look around The Seas but ever since she got stuck in the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago for 9 hours with a church group she has a hatred for Aquariums :(.

Something I really wanted to do is Journey to Imagination. We hadn't ridden it since our first family trip in 2006. I actually tried last year with C but it closed early that night.

IMG_1431.JPG

IMG_1432.JPG

IMG_1433.JPG

IMG_1434.JPG

IMG_1435.JPG

IMG_1436.JPG

IMG_1437.JPG

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
We had FP# 2 so back to the Land we went. E thought this farmer looked Powhatan (Pocahontas's father) I agreed at the moment but not thinking so much now as I look at this picture.

IMG_1439.JPG

IMG_1441 (2).JPG

IMG_1442.JPG

I sent this to my son. He doesn't like smooth or chunky @Darstarr. He thinks Peanut butter is disgusting, but what does he know, he doesn't like pizza either. :bored:

IMG_1443.JPG

IMG_1444.JPG

Lastly FP# 3 While riding it broke down in the room with the Earth projection. A group of ladies about 10 cars in front of us started making a bunch of noise and blaming the issue on Becky, I'm guessing there was a story behind that but they teased her for quite awhile. It was funny to listen to.

IMG_1446.JPG

IMG_1447.JPG

IMG_1448.JPG

PeoplemoverTTA

I know everyone seems to think AK is the hottest for some reason. I tend to think everyone is nuts.

FWIW, I do think it feels the hottest, but when I said that once during a trip in 2002, my brother's friend (they were CPs together in '99 and this guy stayed on as a CM for a few years) insisted that I was wrong, and AK was actually the coolest because all the plants produced more oxygen, making the air cooler 🤷‍♀️). So maybe you're right (but it still feels the hottest 🤣).

We walked back towards Africa looking for Tamu lounge. We finished the night with a Rum Dole Whip. It was very delicious but not very potent.

Tip: If you ever want an "ice cream" float that IS potent, get one at L'Artisan des Glaces in France at Epcot. I had sorbet with rum (or maybe vodka - SOMETHING) on my honeymoon, and unlike most of the other places in WDW, they do NOT measure, they just eyeball it! It was July when I had one, and I was super thirsty and hot, so I gulped that thing down in about 5 minutes. There must have been 3 shots of booze in there. We were just crossing into Canada from the UK when it hit me, HARD. I mean I'm a total lightweight, but still, it was POTENT!

I haven't had one since, not deliberately, but still -- I'm totally getting another one in December. I'll put my husband in charge of my daughter for a bit in case I can't handle it again 🤣

We both decide the line is ridiculous and E and I head all the way up to the front where there is so much space. (fill in all available spaces, isn't that what CM's are always saying). I feel a little self conscious but keep walking. As we are walking up I noticed people behind us starting walking up too.

Everywhere you go in WDW, CMs are always telling you to fill in all the available space. I'm with you on this one! Once, I was at Auntie Gravity's and for some reason, people were only lining up on one side of the register. There were like 4 or 5 people in line, so I went up to them and said, "You can use both sides." They all ignored me.

So I went up to the other side! I mean seriously, people?! The CM ignored me and refused to take my order. Like Lady, I tried! At least once a trip I stumble upon a line that is on one side only, and it drives me nuts. Usually another CM will tell people to fill in, but if not, I'll usually tell people.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
FWIW, I do think it feels the hottest, but when I said that once during a trip in 2002, my brother's friend (they were CPs together in '99 and this guy stayed on as a CM for a few years) insisted that I was wrong, and AK was actually the coolest because all the plants produced more oxygen, making the air cooler 🤷‍♀️). So maybe you're right (but it still feels the hottest 🤣).

Tip: If you ever want an "ice cream" float that IS potent, get one at L'Artisan des Glaces in France at Epcot. I had sorbet with rum (or maybe vodka - SOMETHING) on my honeymoon, and unlike most of the other places in WDW, they do NOT measure, they just eyeball it! It was July when I had one, and I was super thirsty and hot, so I gulped that thing down in about 5 minutes. There must have been 3 shots of booze in there. We were just crossing into Canada from the UK when it hit me, HARD. I mean I'm a total lightweight, but still, it was POTENT!

I haven't had one since, not deliberately, but still -- I'm totally getting another one in December. I'll put my husband in charge of my daughter for a bit in case I can't handle it again 🤣

Everywhere you go in WDW, CMs are always telling you to fill in all the available space. I'm with you on this one! Once, I was at Auntie Gravity's and for some reason, people were only lining up on one side of the register. There were like 4 or 5 people in line, so I went up to them and said, "You can use both sides." They all ignored me.

So I went up to the other side! I mean seriously, people?! The CM ignored me and refused to take my order. Like Lady, I tried! At least once a trip I stumble upon a line that is on one side only, and it drives me nuts. Usually another CM will tell people to fill in, but if not, I'll usually tell people.

Now I think the AK CM is nuts. :joyfull:

I've never been to L' Artisan in France. It sounds delicious! The plan is to go back to food & wine with the husband next October. I will do my best to remember to go there, but these days I have to have a dozen sticky notes on my desk to remember what to do :bored:

I'm glad you get the line issue. I tell my kids "don't be sheep, don't just follow the crowd". People will just walk up to a line and stand there and not look around, I don't get it. ~end rant~

PeoplemoverTTA

Now I think the AK CM is nuts. :joyfull:

I've never been to L' Artisan in France. It sounds delicious! The plan is to go back to food & wine with the husband next October. I will do my best to remember to go there, but these days I have to have a dozen sticky notes on my desk to remember what to do :bored:

I'm glad you get the line issue. I tell my kids "don't be sheep, don't just follow the crowd". People will just walk up to a line and stand there and not look around, I don't get it. ~end rant~

I totally get the sticky notes. I said to my husband the other day that there are so many snacks and little things I never remember -- I started a shared note for each park (and Downtown Disney) on my iPhone, added my husband, and told him we have to glance at them throughout our trip so we don't forget anything 🤣

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Time to head to this famous Food & Wine Festival. We've been coming to Disney since 2006 and have never stopped to enjoy the Festival for a few reasons: Feeding a family of 5 at food & wine is too expensive, I didn't drink alcohol in front of the kids when they were young, we came mostly in the summer and we didn't even know it was there until the last few years. :cautious:

I was starting to get a headache so food was in the first order (my very sad attempt at a Star Wars joke, there is something to do with the First Order, right?)

I wish I had my guide handy so I could tell you the exact names of the dishes and booths we ate at, but I don't have it at the moment and I'm in the mood to "Trip Report"

I dislike seafood but E loves it. We got the Lump Crab cake first. I tried a couple of bites since I was so hungry. Shockingly it wasn't horrible.

IMG_1460.JPG

IMG_1461.JPG

We tried the Spam Hash at the Hawaii booth. Hash good, Spam bad. I should've known but I wanted to try things I don't normally eat.

IMG_1463.JPG

Stopped in Canada for the pretzel bread and bacon cheddar soup. You would think that as hungry as I was I would think this was the best thing ever.....meh. Good but not something I would get again.

IMG_1464.JPG

IMG_1465.JPG

E wanted to try the porkbelly and black beans. I think this was around Italy somewhere. It was all hers. As you can see I didn't get a pic until after she enjoyed it. She thought it was very good.

IMG_1466.JPG

This Belgian waffle with the berry compote was phenomenal! So good! The CM, not so much. She was eating while serving. :depressed:

IMG_1467.JPG

IMG_1468.JPG

I've never had one of these buns before. I believe it had teriyaki something or other in it. It wasn't as good as I wanted it to be but it was still a thumbs up.

IMG_1469.JPG

IMG_1470 (2).JPG

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Why, Why would you buy White Claw and who would pay $10 for one can. I'll tell you who, college kids who have no taste. I'm joking with E about this and what do you know, about 30 feet away was a college aged kid with a white claw in hand, posing for a pic next to a Food & Wine banner. :bored:

IMG_1471.JPG

This is what you get at Food & Wine!! This was sooooo good. I actually can't decide which was better this or the Mama's Margarita from Mama Melrose.

We each got one of these Margarita's from the Mexico food booth. The rim was a bit spicy but sooo good. Did I already say that?

IMG_1472.JPG

I was still battling a headache so told E we were going to go sit in the Mexican Pavilion and relax.

IMG_1473.JPG

While sitting there I looked on MDE and Frozen's wait time dropped pretty low so we decided to head over for a ride. This Mom and Dad kept switching off this kid while he was sleeping. I imagine he got pretty heavy. He didn't wake up once.

IMG_1474.JPG

What the .....?

IMG_1476.JPG

It was this time that the very potent margarita fully kicked in. It made for a interesting wait in line. I found this so funny and so neat. You could see drips from inside the window. I probably held up the line a bit to long watching it more than once.

IMG_1478.JPG

IMG_1481.JPG

IMG_1483 (2).JPG

IMG_1484.JPG

Last edited:

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Back to Mexico to see the Three Calbayahoo's.

I'm in love with this pic. It is my new avatar and my phone lock screen.

IMG_1490.JPG

This is for you @riverside & @imahistorygeek

IMG_1488.JPG

IMG_1491 (2).JPG

IMG_1493 (2).JPG

After our Grand Tour we went to the building that's been empty for years and is now hosting the "this is what Epcot will be" show. I loved it. I know some don't like it and hate the thought of the "new" Epcot. I'm not one of those. I can't wait to see what everything will look like!

IMG_1494.JPG

Some are also complaining about a Mary Poppins carousel in the UK. I think that's the perfect ride for Mary Poppins. Have they not seen the movie?!

IMG_1495.JPG

IMG_1497.JPG

By now E has decided that my headache must be that I'm dehydrated so I chugged two bottles of water in a very short time frame. And then proceeded to visit about 5 bathrooms in an hour. We wondered in and out of different countries and I made the executive decision to do something I've never done before. American Adventure!! E was not so excited. Neither were the people that were sitting in the middle of the auditorium I made stand up so I could pass to go down farther so more people could fit in our row.

IMG_1500.JPG

IMG_1502.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom