Ridiculous or just plain weird in-queue stories, I wanna hear 'em.

Gomer

Once, while in line for HM, got stuck behind a couple on a date. Guessing they were in their late teens, early twenties. I assume the guy was trying to impress his date and was a Disney enthusiast, so he just kept jabbering on about all his Disney knowledge. How the stretching rooms work vs the ones in Disneyland. The ghosts. The story behind the new queue. Who the ghost host is. How he recreated the ride layout in minecraft. He was so proud of all his knowledge.

This girl was not having it and kept turning away from him and rolling her eyes. It was both hilarious and sad. I wanted to tell the kid "look...wait til you marry her and lock her in before you let your full geek flag fly. Then she can't run away. Trust me."

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Oh, I forgot my favorite! Catering was setting up an enormous private fireworks viewing party in World Showcase. It was around 8 pm or so and the guests hadn't arrived but it looked like they'd arrive shortly. I was waiting for my friend by Morocco (ha) and watched this couple walk right past a CM at the entrance and down to one of the food stations. The CM says, rather tongue-tied "Excuse me, we're - are you - unfortunately, I have to ask you to leave." And one of them turns around and says...

"WE ARE ANNUAL PASSHOLDERS AND DEMAND TO KNOW WHY WE CAN'T BE HERE. WHERE'S YOUR MANAGER?"

It gives me the giggles to this day.

Whenever I read stories like this, all I can picture is SouthPark's episode with Cartman. It's the one where he is a Yelp-er eating at a restaurant and demanding for more food or he won't give the restaurant 5 stars:rolleyes:

I remember back in the 80's going through the line for Imagination with my family, there must have 7 or 8 of us. It was one of those back and forth lines where you would pass the same people whenever you zigged or zagged. So every time I passed by my Dad, I would give him a little punch in the shoulder for fun. Well, there was another kid a few people behind me who thought this was pretty funny I guess, so the next time he passed my Dad he punched him in the shoulder too!! We all had a good laugh, the poor kid probably didnt realize he was my Dad!!

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Once, while in line for HM, got stuck behind a couple on a date. Guessing they were in their late teens, early twenties. I assume the guy was trying to impress his date and was a Disney enthusiast, so he just kept jabbering on about all his Disney knowledge. How the stretching rooms work vs the ones in Disneyland. The ghosts. The story behind the new queue. Who the ghost host is. How he recreated the ride layout in minecraft. He was so proud of all his knowledge.

This girl was not having it and kept turning away from him and rolling her eyes. It was both hilarious and sad. I wanted to tell the kid "look...wait til you marry her and lock her in before you let your full geek flag fly. Then she can't run away. Trust me."

I bother my woman ALL the time with that kinda stuff - now she can't stop telling me how badly she wants to go back to Disneyland :hilarious:

crxbrett

Okay, so this isn't a queue story, and it's not really weird. But it's funny nonetheless. LOL Last year I was waiting for my GF at the restrooms over by RnRC. As I was standing there just kind of watching people come and go as I waited, a couple walks up to go in. Right as they begin to split, the GF/wife takes off her pin lanyard and hands it to her BF/husband and says, "Here, hold this for me." He throws a fit and shouts in total disgust, "Ugh! Why?!" and she responded with a super loud scold, "Are we really going to do this HERE?!?!" and stormed off into the ladies room while he kind of looked stunned and slowly walked into the men's room with lanyard in hand. LOL It was one of those moments I wish I could replay again on video. I told my GF about it as soon as she came out of the restroom and to this day we still quote this when we are at DL or DW.

Which has me thinking, I am a total goofball and silly sometimes and am constantly saying or doing stuff in jest but in a super serious tone. I can only imagine how many strangers who don't know any better pass by me or overhear things I am saying or doing and think I am dead serious lol!! :joyfull::hilarious:

Rsj88

Years ago when we were standing in line at BTMRR. It was late at night and the line was longer than we expected. As we are standing there a Dad says to his teenage kids who were whining “This is supposed to be fun damn it!” So now when ever anyone starts to have a breakdown or gets tired in the park we say this and it instantly lightens the mood!

Smiley/OCD

Waiting for the boat to GF/Poly from MK...

A teenage guy (16-19ish?) told his girlfriend "Guys can't remember birthdays and anniversaries because its part of the 2nd X chromosome we're missing because we have a Y! So it's biologically more difficult for us because we genetically don't have necessary genes to remember those things!"

He sounded so serious. And she absolutely bought into it (or looked like she did). The couple beside me and I just stared at each other completely dumbfounded. I think about that story every single time I am near that boat dock.
Oh, is HE gonna have a fun married life!!! lol

geekza

My wife will be visiting WDW for the first time in November. You have no idea how hard it will be for me to not be the guy you described. Even though she married me, sometimes my geek flag flies a little too high, even for her. ;)

PurpleDragon

My wife will be visiting WDW for the first time in November. You have no idea how hard it will be for me to not be the guy you described. Even though she married me, sometimes my geek flag flies a little too high, even for her.

I've never let my geek flag fly too high, but my wife knows me well enough these days that she just knows what I'm thinking and laughs at my geekiness(been married almost 19 years). Whats funny is I'm rubbing off on my son, hes 11 and loves WDW as much as I do, so my wife is outnumbered. I will say that she has come around over the years and is a WDW fan at heart (she pretends not to be though).;)

Last edited:

wwmmd

I've never let my geek flag fly too high, but my wife knows me well enough these days that she just knows what I'm thinking and laughs at my geekiness(been married almost 18 years). Whats funny is I'm rubbing off on my son, hes 11 and loves WDW as much as I do, so my wife is outnumbered. I will say that she has come around over the years and is a WDW fan at heart (she pretends not to be though).;)

Just had to reply since this month we'll be celebrating 18 years of marriage too. We also have an 11 yo daughter and a 12yo as well. Unfortunately my husband is NOT a Disney fan, but our girls love it and are always asking when we're going back.

Here's to the year 2000 (which I picked so it'd be easy to remember how long we've been married :joyfull:)!!

The Mighty Tim

I have two stories. The first falls into the "plain weird" category, but wasn't in queue.

Last trip, we were staying at Caribbean Beach. We had returned to the resort that afternoon for a little bit of relaxation before heading out to our evening dining reservation at EPCOT. We got ourselves ready and then opened the door of our room so that we could leave only to find a mother and her kids sitting on the floor in the little alcove between our room and the room next door. One of the kids was actually leaning against our door and almost fell into our room when we opened it. As we headed out, the mother simply says to us - perhaps in response to our confused looks - "there was a serious problem with our room" and that was it. I think we smiled and then headed to the bus stop. They had gone by the time we had returned later. Never found out what the problem was.

The second story was neither ridiculous or weird, but it was an amusing in-queue interaction with some other guests:

On the day we arrived at WDW on our last trip, we headed to EPCOT. After riding Spaceship Earth, we went towards the Land pavilion and to our surprise, found that Soarin' was only a 15 or 20 minute wait. So, despite running on adrenaline by this point, we headed towards the ride. Just behind us in the queue was another rather excited family. The kids were playing around in the queue, but they were not bothering us too much. We started chatting to the other family and they guessed correctly from our accents that we were from the UK. We continued chatting for a little longer while the kids were still playing around. Evidently the parents thought the kids were getting in our way, because they said to them "look kids, stop attacking the Brits. We gave that up in 1776!"

13*Minute*Wait

Little kid whipped it out and peed while waiting in line for 7D @MK . . . Parent didn't even notice until another guest freaked. Good times!

I saw a little boy whip it out and pee in the bushes in front of the store on the left as you exit the Transportation & Ticket Center while I was sitting there waiting for my wife to use the restroom...which is right around the corner. His parents seemed oblivious.

Not a queue story, but an exit story.
At Indiana Jones at disneyland, when we exited there was an old guy on the floor, however there were thankfully people there to help him. I hope that he is ok to this day.

One night while my wife and I were walking to get on the Monorail at EPCOT, we saw a crowd standing around a rather large man that was on the ground and wasn't moving. Someone was giving him chest compressions. A moment later, the paramedics arrived. We didn't stick around to see what happened. I sure hope he ended up ok.

mmelka

Last trip to WDW, in line for Dinosaur, finally got inside the museum portion of the queue next to the Carnotaurus. A family was in front of us, wearing cute matching family shirt, the dad was carrying a sleeping boy. It was midday and had been hot, and suddenly the sleeping child awoke and threw up all over dad and the floor. He was obviously dehydrated and prob full of sugary snacks, but the smell was just beyond anything since we were so close and it filled the entire queue. And to make matters worse, the ride broke down right as we were entering the show room. Fortunately, we all got FPP to any ride that wasnt in Pandora so we got onto EE quick.

My lesson from this, drink lots of water, and dont carry sleeping children.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom