Rides you always get stuck on

cococola44

Rides I always get stuck on... Small World and Pirates.

Attractions I don't mind getting stuck on... Carousel of Progress and American Adventure. ;)

TXDisney

Spaceship Earth. I know the rides that are operated like that stop a lot more frequently... But Soaceship earth does more so than the others.

FigmentPigments

If a ride stops for 2 mins or less, it is typically because someone didn't get in or out of their car in time or someone is taking longer to check their restraints. The is especially true to omnimovers, the peoplemover, and sometimes even rides like Space Mountain, Test Track, etc.

If the ride stop is 2-5 minutes, it is typically either due to loading a guest with a disability or the ride had a minor technical issue like a sensor error or spacing things out or a fault. This can be most attractions.

If the rides stops between 5 and 10 minutes, usually it is due to an intrusion where a guest got out of their vehicle. You will usually see a cast member walking the track for these. This is on any slower moving track attraction. Otherwise, it could be a moderate technical issue that usually requires maintenance to fix.

If the ride is stopped for 10-20 minutes, it is mostly likely a technical issue that maintenance is fixing.

If the ride is stopped for 20 or more minutes, you will probably be evacuated off the ride because the technical issue is taking too long. If you are sitting for longer, they probably are just in the process of evac'ing.

With Carousel of Progress, you usually have to watch the same show again because someone leaves the theater preventing it from rotating until it is deemed clear to do so.

On boat attractions, especially Pirates, stops can be due to stuck boats that are too heavy or just got wedged the wrong way. These can sometimes be fixed but other times results in an evac.

These are not hard fast rules, but generalities. In most cases, it is not the ride experiencing issues, but a guest causing it.
I'm so glad you brought up why the boats constantly stop. I never knew that could be the cause of some of the delay. I know sometimes it's not easy to maneuver a disabled guest in an out of a ride, but I constantly have been stuck by the treasure room scene near the end of pirates for 5 minutes or more. Unless every boat had to be stopped longer than normal, this seemed to be excessive. I could see the boats getting wedged in, especially on the ramps. Thanks for the info.

Matt and Kelly

I can't recall a time I've ever been stuck on a ride. I mean, maybe a quick stoppage on Buzz or Nemo but nothing significant. Hopefully I haven't jinxed myself for August!

DisneyChik17

I'm so glad you brought up why the boats constantly stop. I never knew that could be the cause of some of the delay. I know sometimes it's not easy to maneuver a disabled guest in an out of a ride, but I constantly have been stuck by the treasure room scene near the end of pirates for 5 minutes or more. Unless every boat had to be stopped longer than normal, this seemed to be excessive. I could see the boats getting wedged in, especially on the ramps. Thanks for the info.

Usually that is due to the fact that they run too many boats, to create a false capacity and lower wait times. If they removed 2 or 4 boats, this issue would nearly disappear, with the exception of load/unload issues or real technical issues.

wendysue

Pirates! The last trip, I went on alone because my husband can't stand the boat from behind constantly hitting ours. Good thing he didn't because it took 25 minutes for the ride to complete and our boat was hit rather hard more than a few times. Am staying off this ride.

mimitchi33

The Haunted Mansion, always during the ballroom scene.
I also got stuck on Figment once right before the skunk scene, and had to have the scent sprayed in my face twice.

mouse_luv

30139d1334299885-ript-zombie-thread.png

DisneyFans4Life

For me, it's usually Haunted Mansion or the Little Mermaid...but I'm sure the majority of those are because of people in wheelchairs/scooters, etc.

I've actually never been on a ride that broke down and needed to be evacuated.

Princess Kaylee

Disney World's rides break down from time to time. Some more than others (Splash, HM, CoP). But besides those 3, what's a ride at the World that you've gotten stuck on more than once or twice? For me it's Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin. It seems to get randomly stuck a lot, but it's a real advantage, allowing you to get more points. So, what's a ride that you get stuck on a lot?

DL- Ariel, Buzz Lightyear, Indiana Jones, Peter Pan, Haunted Mansion

WDW- Splash Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, Ariel, Nemo,Peter Pan, Haunted Mansion

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom