Rides you always get stuck on

Bairstow

I was stopped on Splash for 10-15 minutes last October.
It turned out to be the exact time a big chunk of fake rock came crashing down at the loading station.

HakunaMatata89

buzz and HM are frequent pause rides but that's due to handicap accessibility which is fine. think worst 'stuck' moment i had was at UNI when the potter journy ride broke down while my car was in the leaning forward bit, we were stuck for atleast 10-15minutes with an angle that gave me a headache and the all white screens not helping.

Disney Shib

Out last trip in July, we got stuck on HM for 20 minutes in the graveyard right in front of the opera singing ghost. Thats got to be some form of Disney mind torture LOL.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I got stuck on test track, the worse part was that my seatbelt was way to tight. It was bad... It was really really bad and I was extremely uncomfortable

rct247

If a ride stops for 2 mins or less, it is typically because someone didn't get in or out of their car in time or someone is taking longer to check their restraints. The is especially true to omnimovers, the peoplemover, and sometimes even rides like Space Mountain, Test Track, etc.

If the ride stop is 2-5 minutes, it is typically either due to loading a guest with a disability or the ride had a minor technical issue like a sensor error or spacing things out or a fault. This can be most attractions.

If the rides stops between 5 and 10 minutes, usually it is due to an intrusion where a guest got out of their vehicle. You will usually see a cast member walking the track for these. This is on any slower moving track attraction. Otherwise, it could be a moderate technical issue that usually requires maintenance to fix.

If the ride is stopped for 10-20 minutes, it is mostly likely a technical issue that maintenance is fixing.

If the ride is stopped for 20 or more minutes, you will probably be evacuated off the ride because the technical issue is taking too long. If you are sitting for longer, they probably are just in the process of evac'ing.

With Carousel of Progress, you usually have to watch the same show again because someone leaves the theater preventing it from rotating until it is deemed clear to do so.

On boat attractions, especially Pirates, stops can be due to stuck boats that are too heavy or just got wedged the wrong way. These can sometimes be fixed but other times results in an evac.

These are not hard fast rules, but generalities. In most cases, it is not the ride experiencing issues, but a guest causing it.

openendedsky

Okay, if I recall, that ride is flat. I would say "screw this", climb out and walk to the nearest emergency exit.
Aaaaaand this mentality makes it hard for attractions cms to do their job. If a ride is stopped, don't get out. Then the ride probably will have to be evac'd from that point, and management will give the person a nice talking to.

garagely

Aaaaaand this mentality makes it hard for attractions cms to do their job. If a ride is stopped, don't get out. Then the ride probably will have to be evac'd from that point, and management will give the person a nice talking to.

seconding this. not sure of the policy at WDW nowadays, but at UO you will be trespassed for the day. or at least that's how it was back when i worked there. the attraction i worked at had a lot of jumpers at the time, and security always came and took them away. a couple times people got out and somehow managed to get backstage without control operators noticing. and then there is the whole potential electrocution from the buss bar thing (on certain attractions)....

cba

Disney World's rides break down from time to time. Some more than others (Splash, HM, CoP). But besides those 3, what's a ride at the World that you've gotten stuck on more than once or twice? For me it's Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin. It seems to get randomly stuck a lot, but it's a real advantage, allowing you to get more points. So, what's a ride that you get stuck on a lot?
When I went in 2011, Buzz kept breaking down nearly every minute, so we probably were on the ride for around 30 minutes. That's the reason I didn't go on that in August.

openendedsky

seconding this. not sure of the policy at WDW nowadays, but at UO you will be trespassed for the day. or at least that's how it was back when i worked there. the attraction i worked at had a lot of jumpers at the time, and security always came and took them away. a couple times people got out and somehow managed to get backstage without control operators noticing. and then there is the whole potential electrocution from the buss bar thing (on certain attractions)....
Exactly. People don't realize how dangerous ride systems really are, if something were to go wrong and the ride weren't powered down.

Ariel Savage

Do the Haunted Mansion "stops to load/unload every disabled or ECV guest" count?

I know I've harped on this on other threads, but last time we spent over 20 minutes getting through the 7 or 8-minute ride at the Haunted Mansion, because we stopped 5 times for 2-3 minutes each time!!! I HATE what that does to the continuity of the attraction (and we tended to get stopped in transition zones, with nothing to look at and that "michevious spooks" announcement playing ad nauseum). I wish they'd "fix" it by loading all of the disabled/transfer-assisted folks at once every 8 minutes, or by designing a loading procedure for folks who need assistance that doesn't require them to shut the entire attraction down every 90 seconds. I'm sure the folks who need assistance in transferring would appreciate a ride with only 1-2 interruptions just as much as the rest of us.

I hope it's not you one day that they have to slow the ride down for.

Weather_Lady

I hope it's not you one day that they have to slow the ride down for.

Kindly reread. This was not an anti-disabled post. It was an anti-stoppage-every-90-seconds post. If they have to stop for me oneday, I hope they load me with the other folks that need help at one time and then, when they stop to let us off, load all the newly-arrived riders who need help, so that every one of us can have an experience uninterrupted by multiple stops.

janoimagine

Exactly. People don't realize how dangerous ride systems really are, if something were to go wrong and the ride weren't powered down.
Yet they would be the first to sue Disney from an incident that was created by their own stupidity ... Man I love our legal system sometimes. :greedy:

Alexis

Pirates of the Carribean.
At that end part where the jail cells are, the boats always stop for a solid minute. Not necessarily getting stuck, but definitely a stoppage point.

Ernierich

The very first time I'd managed to persuade my daughter to give EE a go we got stuck near the top of the larger hill climb. She turned to me and said, 'is this supposed to happen?'. I told her it was and then every rider sat there, in complete silence, for what felt like an eternity.

(It wasn't a very long time really, just felt like it...)

I get stuck on Splash Mountain. The last time I went, the AA figures were all in wrong position, either looking up or down. They were not moving, and the sound went out right when we went inside. The AAs clicked, but the only other sounds were bits of Brer Fox's voice and the breakdown warning muffling. Very crazy, the million dollar bunny was up in the air, but it didn't come back down! At the last second I turned my head around, and it moved back down!

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I've been stuck 3 times on the PeopleMover....... And I actually don't mind it. :D Relaxing cool breeze up there away from the crowds!

I have gotten stuck on Snow White's Scary Adventures 3 different occasions as well, when it was open.
Twice on DINOSAUR.
Does It's a Small World count? (in general)
Once on Carousel of Progress. <--- Worst experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom