Rides you always get stuck on

dylan313

Oddly, we've never been evacuated on a ride. However, we always get stuck on Splash Mountain. "Br'er Fox and Br'er Bear are causing some kind of commotion downstream" has become a running joke for every ride we get stuck on. I think we've rode Splash only once or twice without it stopping. The PeopleMover gets stuck often as well. One of these days, I want the PeopleMover to stop in Space Mountain!

Also, does the backup on POTC and Small World count? That can usually take a while. Once, the backup reached the Hawaii scene.

Goofyernmost

i think what usually happens is that because the ride is continuous and doesn't stop to let people on, some people may have a harder time getting on, so they momentarily stop the ride for them. it's never for long, but literally happens to me every time lol
That is exactly what happens. It's to bad that people aren't informed that it does happen regularly and not think of it as something wrong. One person, on these boards, suggested that disabled people should not be allowed to ride because it disrupts the flow of the story and therefore ruins it for everyone else. Sad, but, some people are that heartless.

It was happening when I first went in 1983 and there were no where near as many people with disabilities that traveled to places like WDW. It is much more prevalent now and it is not surprising that it happens to you each time you ride them. It happens like that to all of us, but, it is a small sacrifice to make to help someone with life problems enjoy a few minutes of fun.

mimitchi33

On my recent trip, I only got stuck for 3 or so minutes on Toy Story Mania! because of some girl with a disability who was in a wheelchair being too scared to go on the ride. Luckily, it was at the end. We also got stuck at the end of Small World for 2 minutes due to too many people in wheelchairs and electric scooters and for 2 minutes on Journey into Imagination With Figment for an unknown reason before the ride began.
I have only gotten stuck on 1 ride and that was Figment, longest hour of my life with that song and a 1 year old :/
I feel sorry for you, especially since you had to deal with THIS for an hour as well:
figment_moon.jpg

mouse_luv

On my recent trip, I only got stuck for 3 or so minutes on Toy Story Mania! because of some girl with a disability who was in a wheelchair being too scared to go on the ride. Luckily, it was at the end. We also got stuck at the end of Small World for 2 minutes due to too many people in wheelchairs and electric scooters and for 2 minutes on Journey into Imagination With Figment for an unknown reason before the ride began.

I feel sorry for you, especially since you had to deal with THIS for an hour as well:
figment_moon.jpg

That's not considered getting stuck in your case. It happens and should be expected that they slow the ride and sometimes stop it for very quick amounts of time to allow a disabled person to board. Also, what do you have against disabled people?

mimitchi33

That's not considered getting stuck in your case. It happens and should be expected that they slow the ride and sometimes stop it for very quick amounts of time to allow a disabled person to board. Also, what do you have against disabled people?
I don't have anything against them (I myself have Asperger's). It was just what happened, and I saw these incidents with my own two eyes. And thanks for clearing that up, BTW.

princesscaitlin92

i forgot to add that in 2007, we got stuck on splash mountain. we were the next flume to go down, and our car stopped. we ended up having to evacuate and walk down. a cast member came up to get us and we were awarded fastpasses

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom