Rides that are better at night?

ToInfinityAndBeyond

Dark rides are better generally since your eyes have adjusted to the darkness outside (instead of the wonderful Florida sun) and you'll be able to make things out inside a bit better.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
Not at WDW, but when I visited DL and DCA back in '09, the fourth time I rode California Screamin' was just after sunset. That was by far the best of the four rides I got that one day.

yedliW

I used to love riding Test Track at night.

The last time I rode this was first thing in the morning, and when we came out of the building for the speed part of the 'test' we were staring straight into the Florida sun.. everyone was squinting or covering their face in the photo.. (probably not the best spot for the camera.. my suggestion is to put one on the other side of the track to use in the morning, and switch to that one in the afternoon..)

EnergyKing

Thunder Mountain, Jungle Cruise and of course, Haunted Mansion. Me and my gf went on HM at like 12:45 at night and we were the only ones on line....with that graveyard, so spooky, so much like what I remembered about HM as a kid, I wanted to cry the moment was so perfect. It made the entire ride that much better. (Of course, a few stragglers ended up in our elevator later....can't have everything).

Missymoe4

Space Mountain.:cautious:

Big Thunder and Everest our my favorite night time attractions.

Big Thunder is a definite. I rode Everest at night for the first time and man, was it a totally different (better) ride! It was dusk and much of the track wasn't able to be seen...it was really cool and a must try for all if you have the opportunity.

habuma

Big Thunder is always a favorite nighttime ride with my family. On our last trip, the nighttime BTM ride was even more awesome because (by pure luck) we timed our arrival at the top of the 2nd lift hill with the Wishes finale! People ask me where is the best place to view Wishes from...and I now say that if you can work it out, from the 2nd lift hill of BTM.

Redhawk

Big Thunder is always a favorite nighttime ride with my family. On our last trip, the nighttime BTM ride was even more awesome because (by pure luck) we timed our arrival at the top of the 2nd lift hill with the Wishes finale! People ask me where is the best place to view Wishes from...and I now say that if you can work it out, from the 2nd lift hill of BTM.

We had the same luck and the people in front of us got a great laugh out of me yelling, "Yeah, fireworks, awesome, wooo hooo!" during all the outdoor portions the ride. It was supremely Magical.

Tres Vegas

We enjoyed the People Mover at night on our last visit to WDW. Taking in the sounds with all the lights and people watching just added a little more magic to our day. Being from Ca. we no longer have this ride and my two boys thought the ride would be boring but after we got off we went right back on again. My boys really enjoyed this ride and they are adrenaline junkies. Maybe it was because of a long day winding down.....

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Jungle Cruise
TTA Peoplemover
Haunted Mansion (The feeling of exiting the mansion at night)
Splash Mountain

FettFan

The Haunted Mansion and the Tower of Terror.
Night rides are practically mandatory, given their subject matter. ;)

JasonP

I tend to agree that the Adventureland mountain's are awesome at night. So is the TTA or People Mover (miss that old name!) Also Astro Orbiter is pretty awesome at night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom