Rides that are better at night?

copcarguyp71

I am jealous of all the folks that got to ride EE in the dark:(....the park has never been open after 5 or 6 when we have gone in the fall and I have always wanted to see that park at night:oops:...oh well, I guess that is one good thing about the land of big blue people coming.

Walt Disney1955

Agree with others about Splash Mountain. There is just more of a mystique with it at night. Don't know what it is. I think the hill at the end is better in the dark.

Never rode Thunder Mountain at night at Magic Kingdom but rode it in Disneyland at night. My goodness, talk about a runaway train and having no idea where you were going. I loved it.

StarWarsGirl

In August I usually come in MK at night...so riding during the day is weird.

TofT definitely. Splash Mountain. If you hit it right you can see part of fireworks from the ride.

Jungle Cruise is one I would say is worse at night. It gets kind of hard to see the animatronics.

There is nothing like riding BTTM at 1 am. Or later

dizneykev

By far, the best ride I ever had at night was Expedition Everest. It changed the ride so much. It was wild, fun, disorienting. Awesome. Of course this was also during the days before disco Yeti, so at night, with your eyes adjusted, you could really make out the Yeti much more.

Oddysey

Everest by a landslide. The caves are completely dark, and the added darkness gives the feeling that you may hit something when you are going backwards. It also increases the feeling of speed.

CheshireCat12

TTA, Astro Orbiter, Space Mountain (basically Tomorrowland!)
BTMRR
Jungle Cruise
I would like to try ToT in the dark but I'm never there at night!

luv

The only ride I like better at night is Big Thunder. Splash, Everest and Tower of Terror have outdoor views that are fun to see, too.

Haunted Mansion - the wait to enter - is cooler at night. The ride itself, though, is the same no matter when you go.

I love being in the Mermaid queue when Wishes is going off. If you look up through the hole, you see the fireworks, much like Ariel did in the movie. It's one of my favorite little things. :)

I'm not a fan of the Jungle Cruise at night. I'd rather go when it's light out, so I can see better.

Outdoor coasters at Uni and Sea World are a lot of fun at night, too. :)

CtDisneyGuy33

We rode Everest for the first time at night over the weekend- 10x better and easier to see the mysterious YETI

I also like coming out of the Haunted Mansion into the dark - better amospehere I think

75disney

They must have figured out a way to do it that didn't bother the animals.
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...ar-to-come-to-life-at-disneys-animal-kingdom/
"And the new AVATAR-inspired land won’t be the only change coming to Disney’s Animal Kingdom.As part of the largest expansion in the history of the park, we’ll be adding all-new entertainment experiences, including a new nighttime spectacular where live music, floating lanterns, water screens and swirling animal imagery all combine to bring a show to Discovery River that will delight our guests and truly cap off their day at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. The park will introduce more nighttime entertainment as well, including live performers on Discovery Island (pictured above) and a new nighttime version of the Kilimanjaro Safaris."
Perhaps we all will wear night vision goggles to see the animals on a night time safari.

BTMMR immediately comes to ride; you seem to go faster at night.

And HM; it seems creepier at night.

WDWoptmist

Expedition Everest is one that many do not get to experience at night but it is probably the best at night of all!
Here are my Top 5 Attractions at Night wrote this a few months back. Nothing better than the parks at night in my opinion. Even though they arent attractions The Boardwalk & World Showcase are amazing at night. Sunset Blvd is so much better at night as well!

mcurtiss

Jungle Cruise - makes a somewhat dated but very good attaction into a great one

BTMR - just a whole new experience. the lighting is great and it just feels faster

Last edited:

Pocahontas

Tower of Terror for sure... it just adds to the thrill element.
Rock n Roller Coaster also comes to mind - I know it's not even an outdoor ride, but it feels way cooler at night.

I'd also say Splash, BTMR, HM, POTC, EE, TT, and Spaceship Earth.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom