Rides or Attractions in the Rain

bethymouse

Any ride at Disney is great in the rain! Now- thunderstorms are different, but I love the rain at WDW. Well, maybe not a hurricane-like downpour w/ winds! :eek:

Goofnut1980

In December 2008, We woke up on Tuesday morning, and looked outside and it was a doozy... Raining cats and dogs! We braved the weather, paid our $8 for poncho's and decided to go to AK. It was the most fun ever. The rain ended and we rode Kilimanjaro Safari, the animals were SOOO active. I was able to get some amazing pictures.

Only one other trip (Oct 2011) we got caught at the American Pavillion, now I have Disney Parks umbrellas!

I bet Disney has a weather maker... The manager says... Oh look, we haven't hit sales goal in the stores today... Rain maker take it away...
25 Minutes later... Wow look! we just sold out of umbrellas and ponchos and we doubled our daily sales goal!

BAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

ParentsOf4

It started raining pretty good on Splash Mountain when we boarded. Raining cats and dogs by the time we got to the first drop. At least it was a hot July day. I couldn't imagine what it would have been like in January.

Flip83

If it's warm weather, rain is always fun lol. I mean crazy hard downpours can be a bit much, but we did Kali River and many rides in the rain... Always a good time haha. If it's really hard rain and we are in Epcot, Spaceship Earth is always nice, half the time when we get out, the storm is over!

PUSH

We were climbing the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse in the rain and the CMs came up and told us to hurry up because they said it was about to start thundering. I was afraid of slipping on the way down. :p

SnowFire

My favorite ride in the rain would probably be BTMRR. My daughter and I got on once when it wasn't raining, but it was pouring by the time we got out of the first tunnel. I don't think we've ever laughed so hard on a ride.

joanna71985

Splash Mountain! I rode once in the rain, and I was literally the only person for at least 5 boats (I was alone in mine. Then nobody in the front/back boats, and the front/back of those, and I'm pretty sure there were more). I got to ride 4 times in a row, all alone. It was a little spooky

bignick76

TEST TRACK! now I know most of you on here will say that TT is closed in the rain and your very correct! howerver there was one special day two years ago where it just happend to start raining while we stood in line! The Cast Members spopped the ride for maybe 10 min while it rained and thern picked back up motion when it stopped. It must have started to pick back up sometime very close to the time we went through the crash wall and before we knew it we were in the middle of it! I quite enjoyed the feeling (kinda stinging and sharp but also cold and refreshing) where as my family did not! all in all that was the best ride ive ever experienced in the rain!

Minnie1976

I've been at Disney World many times when it has rained. Great time because the parks clear out. We did the MK in 2009 when it poured down rainning early Christmas morning. We put on our ponchos and went on everything we could until the rain stopped and the crowds came in. Loved it.

A funny story, it was back in maybe 1977 and we were in fantasyland by Dumbo. My son and I had just gotten off. It started sprinkling and we were standing under one of the umbrellas that was around Dumbo. The people on Dumbo were asked if they wanted to ride and they said yes. Well, after they took them up, it started to pour down rain. Dumbo had holes on the lower sides back then. The happy music was playing, the people were going round and round, and the water was pouring out of the holes as well as on the people. It was so funny. They never brought them down til the ride was over.

Mainahman

It rained at least once every day while we were there, usually requiring a poncho, kept the crowds under control too. The only bad night, was a night we went to Hollywood studios for extra magic hours, i got off star tours, and wondered why everyone was hanging out in the gift shop...Then i attempted to go find my wife and found out....took cover in the back lot restaurant seating area till it cleared a bit... We were far from deterred by the rain, ponchos in hand we kept going :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom