Rides coming out of the Fox Deal

Cmdr_Crimson

Not as much as the horrible T&J remake of the Gene Wilder Willy Wonka film did.
Those expressions are just nightmare fuel..
399.gif

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Here's some notable Fox properties. Remember, production doesn't necessarily mean ownership of theme park rights...

FOX

Anastasia
Titan A.E.
Fern Gully
Ice Age
Rio
Robots
Fantastic Mr. Fox
Book of Life
Alvin and the Chipmunks
Marmaduke
Night at the Museum
Percy Jackson
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
X-Men

Simpsons
King of the Hill
Family guy
Futurama
American Dad
Dude, Where’s My Car
Malcolm in the Middle
Home Alone
Second City TV

Alien & Predator
Legion
Independence Day
Planet of the Apes
Buffy
The Day the Earth Stood Still

Mary Tyler Moore Show
Bob Newhart
WKRP
Hill Street Blues
MASH
Doogie Howser

Miracle on 34th Street
Lifeboat
The Three Faces of Eve
Titanic
Cast Away
The Martian

South Pacific
The Sound of Music
Hello Dolly!
Oklahoma
Carousel
Daddy Long Legs
The King and I
Glee

Young Frankenstein
Rocky Horror Picture Show
12 Years a Slave
Fight Club
Marley & Me
It’s Always Sunny
Archer
Deadpool
Arrested Development

That list does absolutely nothing for Disney parks. Not really at all.

But the deal wasn’t at all about parks...only about streaming.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Thought Iger had made it pretty clear in his interview after the announcement that the properties were purchased to enhance Disney's new streaming service.

1000%

But always...most assume disney wants to build new rides. Which is actually the opposite...they use new rides as a tool, a business tactic...not to let “art run wild”

Tick Tock

Thought Iger had made it pretty clear in his interview after the announcement that the properties were purchased to enhance Disney's new streaming service.
Yeah, but facts, reasoning, and logic have no place here.

Now bring on FernGully 2: The Magical Rescue! The world's tallest and fastest giga coaster! :cool:
I'm guessing it'll fit in the park somewhere next to Spider-Man Land (which doesn't open until Universal hands over all the Marvel theme-park rights to Disney next spring).
giga001.jpg

PiXie Mom

I am uneasy about this if Disney starts putting in mega roller coasters instead of detailed family rides with a quality theme and story. Consider the studios already has tower of terror, aerosmith, the new Star War land being built which will have a thrill simulator ride, Star tours, and now a Fern gully roller coaster? I have no issue with thrill rides in particular, but see Magic Kingdom in how to balance them out with quality family rides suitable for all ages of riders. Could Disney do more with the Fern gully story than just a steel roller coaster that looks to have little theme to go with it?

PiXie Mom

It just seems so out of place for Disney. Giant steel roller coasters is something you think of Cedar point of Magic mountain for having, not at Disney. Fern gully seems to be a waste of a idea since it has a story so close to that already found in Pandora rides.

Sharon&Susan

Walt said "If you aim only for children, you're dead." I'm personally excited for this, as WDW could use a good white knuckle coaster. I may not get why they are running with a Fern Gully theme, but I'll take the ride. DHS/MGM has always lean more toward the thrill side of the aisle, which would make sense why they are choosing it as where to put it. There will still be enough balance with TSL, the new Mickey ride, Muppets, and others. The park is not becoming a Six Flags just because they put in one large coaster.
Walt Disney’s also the guy who had to be coaxed into making the Matterhorn a roller coaster so that there’d be some return on investment on redecorating an ugly Skway beam. Space Mountain was only seriously considered due to the possibilities of what they could project on the walls. Mr. Toads Wild Ride and Casey Jr. were both seriously considered as roller coasters, as he wanted Disneyland to be a family park with nobody left behind on a bench waiting for their party to be back.

TwilightZone

I am uneasy about this if Disney starts putting in mega roller coasters instead of detailed family rides with a quality theme and story. Consider the studios already has tower of terror, aerosmith, the new Star War land being built which will have a thrill simulator ride, Star tours, and now a Fern gully roller coaster? I have no issue with thrill rides in particular, but see Magic Kingdom in how to balance them out with quality family rides suitable for all ages of riders. Could Disney do more with the Fern gully story than just a steel roller coaster that looks to have little theme to go with it?
you do realize the furn gully coaster was a joke right?

Animaniac93-98

Disney's focus on attractions right now is to build franchise and brand awareness. With that in mind, the only Fox properties that really fit in a theme park context are Avatar (already done), Planet of the Apes, Ice Age, Night at the Museum and Alien (which just got removed from DHS).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom