Ride videos!!!!

mikebrakes

Originally posted by hitogoroshi
I know I have asked before (around 80 pages back, or so :lol: ), , but does anyone have any Universal ride clips?? Since most people not only go to Disney, while they're in Orlando, they shouldn't be hard to find!!! Would be great, if anyone could upload some!! Thanks, Hito

I just found a link to this site in the Universal Studios section of this site.

http://www.usf.i8.com/USOVG.htm

Good videos.

WDW/SFOG_freak

man.... whats up with this IRC CRAP!??

Man... its way toooooo difficult to download a video from it... and takes much longer than if you just had it on your server so that I could download it from a site... Why did you switch?

And how do I get videos from you on irc?
SPECIFICLY.... ALL THE COMANDS AND WHAT NOT!......

GRRRRR, THIS HAS SO PI**ED ME OFF THAT YOU WENT IRC!

NowInc

Originally posted by WDW/SFOG_freak

Man... its way toooooo difficult to download a video from it... and takes much longer than if you just had it on your server so that I could download it from a site... Why did you switch?

Funny..no one else seems to have a problem with the switch.

Heres a little bit of geek info for you, to perhaps calm you down a bit::

Web servers are NOT cheap. The more megs of information transferred from them per day, the more they cost. These files each running at a MINIMUM of 5 megs a peice, would create such a high traffic problem that it would cost around $1000/week (if not more) to maintain....and since he does all this for FREE...that would have to come out of his own pocket. not cool.

So...a move to IRC was made. What this does is make everyones personal computer a server. Yes, this does sacrifice speed, but, it's free. The people hosting the files dont HAVE to do it, they do it because they are kind enough to share what they have. Im sure when a kid like yourself comes around and complains about it, it really makes them have 2nd thoughts about what they are doing.

NowInc

..one final note on this::

Consider yourself VERY lucky that they decided to not use a "token" system on the downloads (You get virtual "tokens" for uploading, and you spend them to download...meaning you have to GIVE to recieve)...im sure if they did that, you wouldnt be able to leetch anything from them.

RU42

Actually the system is very easy to use. There is a step by step instruction web page. And if you haven't been able to figure that out, how are you able to complain about the speed?

I have to spend time capturing the video clip (others do mp3). Then convert it, filter it, edit it, and encode it using the best techniques I can. After that, I have a very high quality capture to share with other Disney lovers. PER CLIP, for an average 15 minute attraction, takes me 15 minutes to capture, 5 minutes to set up filters etc, 40 minutes to dual pass encoding and 90 minutes of upload time.

So - for your simple time investment of downloading a single clip FOR FREE I have invested 2 1/2 to 3 hours. I think the 5 minutes it takes to learn IRC and the 15-30 minutes to download a single clip is a pretty nice return on your time.

So why do I do it. Because other people go through the same process I do and I enjoy their work. I also get the occasional thanks 'gee-that clip brought back some childhood memories - thanks.' That makes my time all worth it.

So - instead of complaining - ask polite questions. You will find you get a much better response. Many people have messaged me with questions and I have helped everyone of them because they asked nicely. You should try it, it works.

Now - if you would like to repost your question nicely and state exactly what the problem is without going through some juvenile tirade, then I am sure we would be happy to help.

RU

DisneyJedi

Originally posted by NowInc
..one final note on this::

Consider yourself VERY lucky that they decided to not use a "token" system on the downloads (You get virtual "tokens" for uploading, and you spend them to download...meaning you have to GIVE to recieve)...im sure if they did that, you wouldnt be able to leetch anything from them.

Thanks for sticking up for the decision to go to irc Dan! And also RU for explaining how much time and effort is involved with making these available. It really irks me when people get upset over something that is free. Yes, there's a learning curve to irc, but it really is not that hard. Popkid went through the trouble of creating this website to explain how to connect, how to download and what is available - screenshot by screenshot. The answers to connecting are also somewhere in this thread as well as a few other threads I have seen on this forum. Popkid can decide to take down his server completely and then no one would get anything.

If you're not happy with the irc method, go someplace else right?.. simple as that. There is a newsgroup called alt.binaries.multimedia.disney where you can download whatever disney media people post. But be warned you're going to have to learn how newsgroups work.. it's about equal to learning how to download from irc. www.timdoc.com will walk you through the general process if you're interested. I plan to post some videos there as well so if irc is a problem you can check there. Files expire at variable times on newsgroups though, so if you miss it, you miss it, unlike irc where it is available anytime you want.

With the complaining aside, I have gotten the second part of Roseanne's Disney episode (part 2) encoded and up on Popkid in the (((tv shows))) folder. Here are some screenshots:

RoseanneDis01.jpg

RoseanneDis02.jpg

RoseanneDis03.jpg

Request (slightly off topic)

Sea World San Diego had (or has) an attraction called Pirates 4-d.

Does anyone have the soundtrack or music to this show?

Does anyone know who composed the score?

I appreciate any and all leads!!

Thanks

RU42

Jedi - great captures on the Roseanne special. Can't wait to download.

Corn - Sorry - no clue about any Sea World stuff. I would suggest you try google.com

RU

DisneyJedi

Originally posted by hmppan
Request..

How about a high quality vid of Fantasmic from Disneyland?

I put up a low quality one (wmv) on Popkid. The source wasn't that clear so consequently it doesn't look great. Anyone have a higer quality source?

For those interested, I started uploading that Roseanne to alt.binaries.multimedia.disney a few hours ago. It takes me a very long time to upload, but the pieces (RAR files) will slowly trickle in. Once you have them all use winrar to piece them back into the original AVI file. use the P01, P02, etc (parity files) with software called FSRaid if any of the RAR files are missing/corrupt... it will fix the RAR set up.

WeirdOne

RU42, I must say your video of Universe Of Energy 1991 really brought back memories, and I found myself crying. Seriously, I want to say thank you so much for that. I now know my many uploading efforts have been rewarded.

Same goes to tongoroa, your Animazement, One Man's Dream, and Festival Of Fools at Disneyland clips made me very tear as I missed those shows but have seen them on video once and they brought back many memories.

Kudos to you both! Long live the kings of IRC (IMHO!). - The WeirdOne :D

RU42

I have one that I was looking at today. It goes out of focus a few times when the lights went dim and the auto focus would go out. (New camera and didn't know how to shut it off.) I was trying to determine if it should encode it. I used to have a good one but can't find it. I will keep looking. I might encode it anyway. Some parts are really good.

RU

bamboo7

ok, it really isn't hard to learn. check the webpage in my signature. i'm sure it won't take you nearly as long to figure out how to download videos as it has taken me to shoot, edit, compress (in 3 formats to keep everyone happy) and upload the ten new high-quality ride videos i will be sharing shortly. beggers can't be choosers.

bamboo7

Originally posted by hmppan
Request..

How about a high quality vid of Fantasmic from Disneyland?

well, i can;t help you out with a fantasmic disneyland video, but myself and popkid are starting to work on a seriously great quality video of the WDW fantasmic show. i'm still in preproduction stages (camera shot choices and whatnot) and i'll have to shoot it several times and it'll be a pain to edit, so it'll be a while. but it'll be nice.

RU42

Sounds awesome Dan - can't wait to see what you come up with.

Side Note: I just posted a different thread about some Disney Commercial captures. It was a long list (18 captures) so I thought I'd put it in it's own thread.

You can find the thread here for easy access:
Old Commercials

RU

RU42

WOW - 2 posts in a row, must be a quiet weekend. :D

But, it wasn't quiet for me. More uploads.

Yesterday: 18 commercials from the 80's and 90's

Today: 91 Horizons, 91 Illuminations, 91 Kitchen Kabaret

Today pt2: Cinderella's Surprise Party - warning, due to distance and wanting to get some close up shots - there are times when the wobbling gets a bit much. I have determined that image stabilization in my next camera is a definite must. :rolleyes:

Still - I'd give the video a B. Good sound and when I keep the lens in wide angle, the wobble isn't too bad.

RU

bamboo7

Originally posted by NowInc
Funny..no one else seems to have a problem with the switch.

Heres a little bit of geek info for you, to perhaps calm you down a bit::

Web servers are NOT cheap. The more megs of information transferred from them per day, the more they cost. These files each running at a MINIMUM of 5 megs a peice, would create such a high traffic problem that it would cost around $1000/week (if not more) to maintain....and since he does all this for FREE...that would have to come out of his own pocket. not cool.

So...a move to IRC was made. What this does is make everyones personal computer a server. Yes, this does sacrifice speed, but, it's free. The people hosting the files dont HAVE to do it, they do it because they are kind enough to share what they have. Im sure when a kid like yourself comes around and complains about it, it really makes them have 2nd thoughts about what they are doing.

aside from what nowinc said, there are a few other reasons why we switched to IRC.

* Its friendly. You can talk to other users while you are downloading.

* More than one server. Before, it was just popkid that shared all the media for us, now anyone can, and we have several people other than popkid who share a ton of great and different stuff, all the time.

* Entertaining. IRC also allows for the ability to play games. Right now, i have a DisTriv trivia game with lots of great disney trivia questions i have gotten from various disney trivia books (and more questions coming).

bamboo7

Urgent Request:

I am just finishing up the editing on my Sunny Eclipse full show video, and when i shot it, there was a lot of people in cosmic ray's so there is a bit too much ambient noise for me to use the audio that i got when i taped it. So i downloaded the Sunny Eclipse mp3s from popkids server and attempted to use them. that was going well. that one had a lot less ambient noise than mine did, but unfortunetly it isn't complete. its missing a song and a joke or two. so does anyone have any recording of sunny eclipses' full show? please let me know asap. i really don't want to have to go back and record the audio again.

thanks

- dan

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom