Ride References in New Pirates Movie

CoffeeJedi

shoppingnut said:
I agree. Did you also notice that she was the only one at the end that didn't drink to finding Jack. I think she loaths him.
I think she just feels guilty because she condemned him to death, she essentially killed him.

When Will looks at her on the boat, he looks devastated because he thinks he's lost Elizabeth's heart to Jack, but in reality, the look on her face isn't reflecting lost love, but extreme guilt over what she's done.

However, let's not turn the PotC franchise into a soap opera. It's an action adventure movie, not a melodrama. In the end the boy (Will) will get the girl, because it wouldn't fit the genre any other way. (and if anyone mentions the word "shipper" in response to this, i will fly into a murderous rage)

MichelleBelle

mhead said:
But the whole compass thing bothers me - as in if it always points to the desires of the holders heart - it always points to jack when Elizabeth is holding it.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I thought it only happened that one time though on the beach and that it was for the sake of a joke (because Elizabeth obviously is not a huge fan of Jack). Kind of like a "eeew, no, I don't want Jack" kind of a joke. Her and Jack seem to play back and forth and he likes that she's difficult and she likes that she can mess with him.

shoppingnut

CoffeeJedi said:
I think she just feels guilty because she condemned him to death, she essentially killed him.

When Will looks at her on the boat, he looks devastated because he thinks he's lost Elizabeth's heart to Jack, but in reality, the look on her face isn't reflecting lost love, but extreme guilt over what she's done.

However, let's not turn the PotC franchise into a soap opera. It's an action adventure movie, not a melodrama. In the end the boy (Will) will get the girl, because it wouldn't fit the genre any other way. (and if anyone mentions the word "shipper" in response to this, i will fly into a murderous rage)

I agree Wil looks devastated. IMO I don't think she feels guilty, but that she did what she needed to do to save them and that Jack deserved it after giving Wil to Davy. And, yes, boy does need to get girl.

I think at least the second compass pointing to Jack had more to do with the fact that he knew exactly where Wil was since he handed him over to Davy and she would be able to find him through Jack.

Also, what's up with him needing 99 more souls, is that a HM reference?

LilRoo714

First let me say that after seeing the movie last night, this board is exactly what I needed!! It's cleared up a few things and made me question some things I saw but didn't realize what I was seeing! :lookaroun

(Also, thanks for ending the movie theater argument! :wave: )

NeedABreak said:
check out www.askaninja.com for a ninja's review of DMC. (He didn't like it but then again pirates and ninja don't get along)

I really liked the film and Jack's entrance was great. I am still wondering what that place is that he escaped from. It didn't seem like just a place to send pirates to be tourured as another poster guessed. There was something very dark and supernatural about it, just the shape of the island was totaly wierd. Any ideas?

The place Jack escaped from is the Turkish Prison (this can be seen on the DMC website if you play through the game) and IMO he isn't escaping... he had snuck in to retrieve the "key" and was simply on his way back out, and what a way to get out...

RedGear

Alright, I saw the movie on Saturday and it was great. I just wanted to bring a thing up that no one else has mentioned yet. . .

When they go to see Tia Dalma the first time, and Jack steals the ring instead of the heart shaped music box, did anyone pick up on the fact that Davy Jones had the exact same heart-shaped music box on his organ? :drevil:

My friend Brian thinks that Davy Jones is in love with Tia Dalma, and thats why they have the same heart-shaped music box. (I'm just throwing stuff out there for people to analyze!) ;)

And I don't think Elizabeth is in love with Jack, because she was flirting with him to get her way, and she just kissed him to handcuff him to black pearl. I don't want Jack and Elizabeth to marry! Go Will Turner Go!! :sohappy:

shoppingnut

RedGear said:
When they go to see Tia Dalma the first time, and Jack steals the ring instead of the heart shaped music box, did anyone pick up on the fact that Davy Jones had the exact same heart-shaped music box on his organ? :drevil:

My friend Brian thinks that Davy Jones is in love with Tia Dalma, and thats why they have the same heart-shaped music box. (I'm just throwing stuff out there for people to analyze!) ;)

I did mention that Davy had the same heart shaped box on the organ as Tia had on her table and that is the same shape that was on the chest where Davy's still beating heart was in, it was the lock. It's either she was the woman he loved or helped him somehow put the heart in the box. But there is some connection definitely between the two.

New2WDW

BCNHF said:
For those of you who haven't seen it, here's the secret ending to the first POTC, ripped from DVD quality. It explains a few questions so:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pReaBEnxBIA

COOL! I forgot to look at mine at home! Thanks for posting! I remember sitting in the movies and watching til nothing was left mainly to see stuff like this and also a lot of movies used to list if there was going to be a sequel at the end of the credits!!

New2WDW

JimboJones123 said:
Are we going to find out in the third movie that Will and Elizabeth are actually brother and sister? "There is another"
:lol: And Bootstrap as the fish breath father, Davey Jones the Emperor and the dog as the Wookie!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom