Ride References in New Pirates Movie

CoffeeJedi said:
was it my imagination, or did the music box play a version our beloved theme song?

and, if you stay through the credits, listen carefully to the music. there's one piece (a friend says the soundtrack lists it as Two Hornpipes (Tortuga) but i haven't listened to the cd yet) which follows the basic structure. you can even sing the words along and it fits together perfectly

I just listened to Tortuga and I can't get it to fit. It's way too fast. I'm pretty sure it was the song played by that band when Elizabeth started the big sword fight in Tortuga.

CoffeeJedi

should-be-BELLE said:
I just listened to Tortuga and I can't get it to fit. It's way too fast. I'm pretty sure it was the song played by that band when Elizabeth started the big sword fight in Tortuga.
probably not that track then... it was toward the end of the credits, a bit after the music box i believe

mhead

CHAPPS said:
Theaters determine which house to play a movie in by the number of ticket sales, not by interviewing everyone coming out of the theater. That would take forever. Do you honestly think anyone is going to believe that you and your friend had time to individually get the opinions of 133 people as they were exiting a movie theater??:rolleyes:

I did have a really long response here - but I went back and took it out becuae it just isn't worth it. Again I say that MOST people at the theater I attended were of the opinion that DMC was not as good as Cuse of the Black Pearl.

The music box song on the soundtrack is listed as "Davy Jones" at first the music box sounds like it could be that song, but I'm not sure that it is. The rest of the song is the organs that Davy played.

imagineer boy

should-be-BELLE said:

Yes, that's exactly the one. The Davy Jones track has the music box music in it. And its merely a music box version of the Davy Jones theme before going on into the main organ theme. The note during the credits was simply saying who did the song for two hornpipes.

CHAPPS

Account Suspended
mhead said:
I did have a really long response here - but I went back and took it out becuae it just isn't worth it. Again I say that MOST people at the theater I attended were of the opinion that DMC was not as good as Cuse of the Black Pearl.

But how do you know that? You don't seriously expect us to believe that you asked EVERYONE coming out of the theater do you??

DisneyGal126

I've had the best weekend ever, first I was in WDW to experience the changes in the ride and as soon as I got home I went to see DMC.

I did really like it, I didn't think it seemed long at all! Actually when the end came I thought that was the middle of the movie and I was shocked when it ended! I figured that was just the first hour of the movie LOL

I have mixed feelings with how it ended. I was expecting it to be another adventure that would end and then the third movie would be another different adventure. I was mad at first when the music and credits started but now I'm excited about the third movie.

There was a lot that went on, I'm glad this thread is here because I really needed it :)

I do have another question that might be answered if I watch it again but I'm going to have to wait a bit because I need to pay off my trip...

SPOILER
(Highlight)

Does Elizabeth like Jack now? I knew they had some flirting in the first film but they played it out that she was in love with him. Was she upset at the end because she felt guilty about leaving him or because she loved him? Also, since Will saw them kiss why in the world would he volunteer at the end to save him?

NeedABreak

check out www.askaninja.com for a ninja's review of DMC. (He didn't like it but then again pirates and ninja don't get along)

I really liked the film and Jack's entrance was great. I am still wondering what that place is that he escaped from. It didn't seem like just a place to send pirates to be tourured as another poster guessed. There was something very dark and supernatural about it, just the shape of the island was totaly wierd. Any ideas?

DisneyGal126 said:
Does Elizabeth like Jack now? I knew they had some flirting in the first film but they played it out that she was in love with him. Was she upset at the end because she felt guilty about leaving him or because she loved him? Also, since Will saw them kiss why in the world would he volunteer at the end to save him?

I'm sure its out of love. He loves her so much he'll do anything to make her happy. Even if the feelings aren't returned. Somewhat like Norrington in the first movie.

mhead

CHAPPS said:
But how do you know that? You don't seriously expect us to believe that you asked EVERYONE coming out of the theater do you??

Actually I don't care if you believe it or not. It is a fact - maybe only a fact that applies to a small five screen theater where SIX workers - not two - polled an audience, but none the less a fact for that sampling.

Oh, and to keep it on topic with movie / ride references - just as others stated I was thinking boy this seems to be a lot like the jungle cruise - and was expecting to see some pirates hanging on to a tree to avoid the angry rhino!

CHAPPS

Account Suspended
mhead said:
Actually I don't care if you believe it or not. It is a fact - maybe only a fact that applies to a small five screen theater where SIX workers - not two - polled an audience, but none the less a fact for that sampling.

The number of employees is irrelevant. 133 audience members aren't all going to wait around to give their opinions on a movie. It would take forever for the theater to empty. I would think most theater owners would have more business sense than that. It makes no sense when you can get more reliable information just from ticket sales. If the big theater isn't playing at capacity, then it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out maybe that movie can be moved to a smaller theater. You don't need to invest the time and manpower in asking every person who is walking out of the theater (most of whom are probably just trying to do so as quickly as possible so they can get home). Now if you had said that you and your friend (and oh, I'm sorry, FOUR others) had all just asked a random sampling of people exiting the theater what they thought, then that would at least be more believable and would also make more business sense.

mhead

CHAPPS said:
The number of employees is irrelevant. 133 audience members aren't all going to wait around to give their opinions on a movie. It would take forever for the theater to empty. I would think most theater owners would have more business sense than that. It makes no sense when you can get more reliable information just from ticket sales. If the big theater isn't playing at capacity, then it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out maybe that movie can be moved to a smaller theater. You don't need to invest the time and manpower in asking every person who is walking out of the theater (most of whom are probably just trying to do so as quickly as possible so they can get home). Now if you had said that you and your friend (and oh, I'm sorry, FOUR others) had all just asked a random sampling of people exiting the theater what they thought, then that would at least be more believable and would also make more business sense.

whatever - believe what you want

CHAPPS

Account Suspended
mhead said:
whatever - believe what you want

I believe that if you truly have a friend who owns a theater and that your story is true, then A) Your friend might benefit from taking a business class, and B) I'm betting his theater doesn't get a whole lot of repeat business. :lol:

MichelleBelle

DisneyGal126 said:

I'm pretty sure this only happened so she could put the handcuffs on him. Remember, earlier in the movie she flirts with him on the deck of the ship to see if he'll kiss her/make a move, and right as he's about to make a move he's distracted--then she knows she can trick him if she needs to. She gets so upset when she sees him paddling away before they're all about to be killed that as revenge she uses that kiss to make him go down with the ship.

Also, I don't think Will is quite sure what is going on... he knows what he saw, but he doesn't know why she did it.

CrashNet

imagineergurl said:
I'm sure its out of love. He loves her so much he'll do anything to make her happy. Even if the feelings aren't returned. Somewhat like Norrington in the first movie.
I want to say Will saw her kiss him and by the look on his face, was in shock, disbelief, and was hurt. He didn't see her reasons for kissing Jack. Later, I think his love for her overpowered everything else, still willing to do anything for her. I just hope this doesn't ruin anything and they still get married.

mhead

But the whole compass thing bothers me - as in if it always points to the desires of the holders heart - it always points to jack when Elizabeth is holding it.

shoppingnut

MichelleBelle said:
I'm pretty sure this only happened so she could put the handcuffs on him. Remember, earlier in the movie she flirts with him on the deck of the ship to see if he'll kiss her/make a move, and right as he's about to make a move he's distracted--then she knows she can trick him if she needs to. She gets so upset when she sees him paddling away before they're all about to be killed that as revenge she uses that kiss to make him go down with the ship.

Also, I don't think Will is quite sure what is going on... he knows what he saw, but he doesn't know why she did it.

I agree. Did you also notice that she was the only one at the end that didn't drink to finding Jack. I think she loaths him.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom