Ride References in New Pirates Movie

NadieMasK2

I definitely see a parallel between the Star Wars trilogy and Potc. Our favorite character is left in peril, outcome unknown.

btw, someone PLEASE give me a happy thought, because the same scene has been playing over and over again in my head today: (highlight)

Jack taking a bite of toe :hurl:

I can't get it out of my head!:brick:

bucklmd

Yes, the movie was good, HOWEVER, is anyone else highly irritated to not have closure? I didn't write it and the writers are entitled to do whatever they wish, but I'm not pumped for the next one now, I'm friggin' PO'd!!!! Sorry, I just had to get that out.

I agree with a previous poster that I was thinking of Indiana Jones on a few occasions during the movie, but one thing we always got with Indiana Jones, was the sweet, sweet, closure. That is something I guess I took for granted until seeing Pirates 2. :brick:

NASAMan

After the first movie, I commented to my kids (grown teens) about Bootstrap Bill's fate. Being cursed, tying his feet to a cannon and tossing him overboard would not kill him, just put him at the bottom of the deep ocean. If he was still there when the curse was lifted, he would be immediately crushed by the pressure and drowned. We decided that fate was just too gruesome, and there must be some other facet to his story, which was revealed in Dead Man's Chest. No spoilers, as everyone knows he IS in this film, but pay close attention as he tells Will what became of him after he made the deep plunge.

JimboJones123

Original Poster
T-1MILLION said:
not a ride reference but did anyone notice a very close resemblance to Star wars??? Empire strikes back in particular.

Yeah, Lando was a real prick in this one, and didn't try to redeem himself. Vader wasn't quite as scary either. But Chewy had better lines, and so did C3PO and R2D2. Overally, a very good steal of the Empire script. And you know they won't wait very long for Jack to escape from the Carbonite!

JimboJones123

Original Poster
Miss Bell said:
I think it would have been hard to do too many more ride references, since they did so many in the first movie. I loved the end, and am glad I only have to wait 1 year for the next one...of course Empire was always my favorite Star Wars movie, too. The new intro was awesome!

SPOILER ALERT:

If you don't know who the guy at the end was, I suggest re-watching the first Pirated movie again.

For some reason I kept thinking of Project X and sign language!

JimboJones123

Original Poster
Last post in a row, promise.

LOVED the HERO SHOT. It looks almost like all the Merch does, with the sword reared and that pearcing stare. Awesome. Loved that add. The Merch (the drawn pix of hero Sparrow) always made me feel kinda weird. We never saw a HERO Jack, or even a very brave one until that point. Now, I'll have to get the beach towel.

mhead

Just as everyone else I loved the new logo, thought the Blue Bayou scene was cool, missed the song....but overall I thought the movie blew. It was WAY too long and just never went anywhere. The last scene with the surprise on the stairs was cool - but the movie killed my excitement for the series - I mean I only want to see the third one now becuae I have seen the other two - not because I think it will be good. Most people leaving the theater were complaining and talking of how it was not nearly as good as Curse of the Black Pearl.

T-1MILLION

mhead said:
Just as everyone else I loved the new logo, thought the Blue Bayou scene was cool, missed the song....but overall I thought the movie blew. It was WAY too long and just never went anywhere. The last scene with the surprise on the stairs was cool - but the movie killed my excitement for the series - I mean I only want to see the third one now becuae I have seen the other two - not because I think it will be good. Most people leaving the theater were complaining and talking of how it was not nearly as good as Curse of the Black Pearl.

WoW. That is the first negative thing I have heard about the film. I wonder why they liked curse of the black pearl so much more?

For one, they were not too smart if they actually tried and compared the to. I went in there not expecting another black pearl, but I found a great movie either way. I wonder if they were upset that there was not as much depp as the pearl? That is what I loved about dead man's chest. The cast seemed to have their equal parts and sub-plots...Like Pintel and Ragetti(haha)

That sounds more negative than anything I have heard about the film to date. Their folly was comparing it to the first though.

kennyj29

Yeah, but even though it made me laugh, I think I would rather have waited for it at home. The credits are ridiculously long and it really wasn't worth it for that 5 second scene. After the first movie though, I wouldn't have missed staying for the credits!

kennyj29

Sorry, my adage was a bit late, I was talking about the last scene after the credits! I loved the movie, I could watch Johnny Depp play Jack Sparrow all day long. He did such a great job with that character, I can't believe he didn't win an Oscar for that role!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait for the third one to come out, I love that there was no closure on this film, it really makes me hungry to see the third one!!!!! I've also heard if the third one does really well, this might not be the series ender!!!! From what I've heard, Johnny Depp loves this role, it's one of his favorites!!! Now I can't say the rest of the cast feels the same way and if they don't come back it just wouldn't be the same, but I really had a great time watching it.

splash_mt. jr

havent seen new pirates movie!

i havent seen the new movie yet so im wondering how is it?well if its just like the first one then ill like it because i loved the first one:) .

bucklmd

POSSIBLE SPOILERS!!!

There are a few things that I didn't understand and wondering if I missed them.

Why is Jack in debt to Davy Jones? Did they say that?

Also, how did Davy Jones come to have the power he has?

I'm sorry if these answers were provided in the movie, but I left kind of confused by that.

I also thought that this movie was similar to Episode 2 of Star Wars. Not much happened, it was just a transition, so you would go see the third. I feel less compelled to see the third movie now that they have pretty much forced us to. It's like they got confused and thought this was a season finale of Dallas instead of a movie series. I just don't want to wait!!!

MichelleBelle

Question About The Ending!!! Please Help!!

****************SPOILERS************************

****************SPOILERS************************

Ok, so I loved the movie (albeit it was a little long), but I'm SO confused about the ending. I think I might have missed something. Norrington had the heart, so at the end, was Jack a friend of the Kracken or did he just have a plan to escape? It seemed like he had control of the Kracken because it spit his hat out at him, but he didn't have the heart, so what happened?

Also, bucklmd, I'm pretty sure Jack was in debt to Davy because Davy saved the Black Pearl once after it sank. Not sure about how Davy came to power though...

darthjohnny

I haven't seen the movie yet, but when everyone says they miss the song, do they mean "Yo ho, yo ho". Also since it doesn't seem to be in this movie, nor the first, does anyone think they'll ever add one of the most famous scenes to the movie, the Auction scene? I think they could seeing that Elizabeth will be captured by the Chinese pirate and Barbossa will return. How come everyone says Depp was not in as much of the movie. I thought he was in it equally as compared as the first movie. Maybe even more...

T-1MILLION

As for all pirate lore....Davy Jones always had power. He is immortal. He is basicly when it comes down to it, the Pirate's version of Poseidon. Same exact character. God of the seas that can control the Kraken. Not sure how the movie is going to play it but that is how it is in pirate lore. If a pirate says that "He are going to send ya to davy jones" that would mean he is going to sink you and have you die at the bottom of the ocean, meet davy jones.

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER---------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

in response to Jimbojones if you want to know what comes after the credits.

After the credits a tribal dance appears to be going on with heavy beating drums from the cannibal island and natives dancing..as the camera pans you then see the dog that usually has the keys with a nice juicy (and you have to assume human) bone in his mouth. So basicly he was on the throne and the new god of the island and it goes to black after the last beat of the drum........kind of makes you feel bad for what could happen to the dog when it comes time to do the sacrafice of the flesh eh? haha. I am sure he will find a way to get out of it. Dog seems to be the smartest character of the cast most of the time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom