Rich/poor class division in Disney

Alot of you are commenting without having seen the area they have cordened of at the Magic Kingdom. It's essentially central, upfront, with great views, that only a few months ago was open to anybody who got their early enough.

The issue is not people paying a 'little' extra to have a nicer experience, it's the fact that wealth is pushed in your face. Disney was the one place it didn't matter how much money you had, once inside the gates everyone was equal. Wishes nightime fireworks - when you are told you have to move back and go stand further away, because this area is for people who have paid. Then you see them come along, dressed up in suits, makeup to the max, to watch the nightime spectacular. It was almost comically sad to witness.

Few of you might have seen the Epcot scenario, but the Magic Kingdom one is new ... it's right infront of the castle. A few rows back is the fast pass standing area (this is not the area i am talking about), this is a new area that has just been built for those who pay, table service, accompanied with foods and drinks. Then when only those who have paid can seat at Animal Kingdoms night time show will only showcase this divide even more.

BOB IGER and his CORPORATES CRONIES ONCE MORE SPITTING ON WALTS VISION IN CHASE OF BONUS AND PROFITS.
Yeah because clearly Walt didn't built a exclusive club in New Orleans Square that now has a huge waiting list and you have to spend tons of money to be apart of...

Or you know when Epcot was built they so didn't put private lounges in each of the attractions for the employees of the sponsors!

Also clearly Iger built every single of the deluxe resorts and The Grand Californian since he took over! Eisner? Who the hell is that!

Honey, exclusive premiums have existed since Walt built Disneyland. Remember the ticket books? The more money you had the more E tickets you got. This is not some new trend Iger started just to laugh all the way to the bank. You honestly just want to find anything to about and blame it on Iger because "OMG PEOPLE HAVE MORE MONEY THAN IN A PLACE THAT IS SO EXPENSIVE THAT I SHOULD BE GRATEFUL I'M HERE ANYWAYS!"

thomas998

Funny hearing some people whine about not getting the prime spots when the reality is an even larger percentage of the population of the world couldn't afford to buy a Dole whip and have no expectation of even getting in period... But hey whine about the fact that you have enough money to do what many can never do simply because you didn't get the perfect spot... Surely you know how silly that sounds.

Dukeblue1227

Funny hearing some people whine about not getting the prime spots when the reality is an even larger percentage of the population of the world couldn't afford to buy a Dole whip and have no expectation of even getting in period... But hey whine about the fact that you have enough money to do what many can never do simply because you didn't get the perfect spot... Surely you know how silly that sounds.

Yeah but what about all the Instagram followers who didn't get to see OPs selfies? Is anyone thinking about them.

#thoughtsandprayers

rucifee

Those people who can't get in should work harder if they want a dole whip, it's not our fault they're the lazy entry level types. I'm buying out the whole section Saturday night, just for myself. I'm not even bringing my SO. One seat in the middle of the premium viewing area for me. My personal CMs, who are always happy to wait on me, will be on staff that evening to tend to my personal needs. They already have my list of requirements. An area will be cleared from the entrance of the park to my seat, and I'll be led to my seat by a local marching band. When I arrive, I will be seated on my throne and my loyal CMs will spoon feed a fresh dole whip made just for me. None of that crap that comes out of the machines the peasants use.

French Quarter

Alot of you are commenting without having seen the area they have cordened of at the Magic Kingdom. It's essentially central, upfront, with great views, that only a few months ago was open to anybody who got their early enough.

The issue is not people paying a 'little' extra to have a nicer experience, it's the fact that wealth is pushed in your face. Disney was the one place it didn't matter how much money you had, once inside the gates everyone was equal. Wishes nightime fireworks - when you are told you have to move back and go stand further away, because this area is for people who have paid. Then you see them come along, dressed up in suits, makeup to the max, to watch the nightime spectacular. It was almost comically sad to witness.

Few of you might have seen the Epcot scenario, but the Magic Kingdom one is new ... it's right infront of the castle. A few rows back is the fast pass standing area (this is not the area i am talking about), this is a new area that has just been built for those who pay, table service, accompanied with foods and drinks. Then when only those who have paid can seat at Animal Kingdoms night time show will only showcase this divide even more.

BOB IGER and his CORPORATES CRONIES ONCE MORE SPITTING ON WALTS VISION IN CHASE OF BONUS AND PROFITS.

crying02_lifesnotfair.png

thomas998

It is a paid special event not an all the time thing. No one dresses to the nines to see Wishes in a special area. It was a corporate function. Trolls were not invited. The Wishes dessert party is at Tomorrowland Terrace.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/wishes-fireworks-dessert-party/

Hey I'll have you know I wear my best cargo shorts for Wishes... Though I kind of wonder if the OP went during a Dapper Dans Day would they run away terrified that the whole park had been taken over by the Robin Leach crowd?

thomas998

That's not a great view then, I'd rather not be right, or rite, in front of the castle. It's too close, like being the front row of a movie theatre.
Actually directly in front of the castle is a great place to be unless you are a child or very short adult. Been there for several shows and it is a great place to be...Ooops I don't think I should be giving out secrets like that now everyone will want to be there... and then Disney will start charging people to be there... and then my whole world will collapse.

rucifee

Actually directly in front of the castle is a great place to be unless you are a child or very short adult. Been there for several shows and it is a great place to be...Ooops I don't think I should be giving out secrets like that now everyone will want to be there... and then Disney will start charging people to be there... and then my whole world will collapse.

The best view of the fireworks is from the transportation and ticketing center heroes lot.

Crap.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom