Revenge of the Mummy and Gringotts.

BryceM

Original Poster
I have a question... More like, an opinionated question. Will Revenge of the Mummy be completely trumped and viewed as a weaker ride once the Gringotts roller coaster opens?

When Revenge of the Mummy opened in 2004, it was deemed one of the best indoor roller coasters in the world. It blended special effects, dark-ride scenes, roller coaster elements and psychological thrills perfectly. However, with the construction of Gringotts and some of the plans being released, it looks like it could beat out Revenge of the Mummy in terms of technology and maybe even in terms of theming.

And with two dark-ride/roller coaster hybrids located in the same park, there is no doubt the two will be compared. It just leaves thinking that Revenge of the Mummy will be deemed as a weaker attraction than Gringotts... And I don't really want that to happen.

Disneyhead'71

Gringott's won't have the thrilling coaster portion that Mummy has. But the themeing and effects are going to be amazing. Gringott's is more dark ride than coaster.

Jakester

Gringotts will be fully immersive, One of a Kind. It will be fully thrilling. I dont see a high speeds ride, but a very amazing E-Ticket, Think of FJ.

Disneyhead'71

There are rumors that the ride vehicles will have some sort of motion base. But I haven't heard too much detail. Pretty much "it will have a motion base".

BryceM

Original Poster
Interesting... So less of a coaster, more of a dark-ride. I just figured it would have some coaster elements. And it still may!

cheezbat

I still would like to someday see a variation on the Space Fantasy coaster from Universal Japan added someday too.
In my opinion, between the two parks I don't see why there can't be three or four awesome indoor coaster attractions.

BryceM

Original Poster
I still would like to someday see a variation on the Space Fantasy coaster from Universal Japan added someday too.
In my opinion, between the two parks I don't see why there can't be three or four awesome indoor coaster attractions.
That's true. Indoor coasters are my favorite type of roller coaster. I would love to see Poseidon's Fury changed into an awesome indoor coaster experience, but that's extremely un-likely.

And Space Fantasy looks amazing. Dare I say, better than Space Mountain?

Disneyhead'71

I once drew up a plan for a redo of Space Mtn. that would push the limits of even Cedar Point faithful. I'd ride it though.

cheezbat

If I were Universal, I'd look down the road at adding a Star Trek themed version of Space Fantasy...

Probably a water flume/coaster hybrid to replace Posideons Fury...

And a coaster that loops as well as has awesome airtime hills! Maybe theme it to Kong...

I'd put the Trek one in the Studios park, and the other two in IOA.

HTF

Gringott's won't have the thrilling coaster portion that Mummy has. But the themeing and effects are going to be amazing. Gringott's is more dark ride than coaster.

Correct, while Gringotts will indeed have a drop and launch it will not have those "arena" coaster sections. Instead motion simulator sections that will tie in instead.

JT3000

I'm not sure what to think of a coaster that mostly lacks coaster elements. Seems like one of those "We did it because we could" things. I'm surprised the big wigs found the extra cost justified.

afar28

Mummy is excellent, so I kinda want Gringotts to blow it away. If gringotts can be alot better then Mummy, it'll be a hell of a ride

Disneyhead'71

I'm not sure what to think of a coaster that mostly lacks coaster elements. Seems like one of those "We did it because we could" things. I'm surprised the big wigs found the extra cost justified.
It's a coaster because in the movies it was based on a coaster. But I am pretty sure that no one will be disappointed with what UniCreative has planned for this attraction.

And you are right, they are doing this because the can. Someone isn't afraid to let the talent off the leash and then fund what they come up with.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom