Return to normality tracker

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
To add to that, all of the character dining that has come back says “modified character dining” on the WDE app. What does that mean? No hugs and pics with the characters still?
Adding to this for Chef Mickey specifically is regular self service buffet back for breakfast and dinner or is it still modified family style service? I keep seeing mixed answers so if anyone can clarify that would be awesome.

bhg469

This. They are trying. Job fairs, hiring bonuses, increased hourly rates, extra perks. Its not simple when you need close to 80,000 people for your resort to operate. They are constantly hiring, traditions facilitators are working overtime to get new hires ready for on the job training as quickly as possible. And it’s not about trying to cut labor, there are constantly overtime approved shifts available for pick up to help fill in scheduling gaps. Cultural Res should help alleviate some issues, before the pandemic there were about 5,000 cast on a cultural visa, but even that will take months to get back up to normal.
Funny you should mention this as I am currently listening to the radio and hearing about yet another Disney hiring event. Seems like they are trying but the city has a lot of jobs that aren't in the service industry now. It's going to be hard for them to bounce back. I have a friend that made his living as a server and is now in an entry level IT position.. A lot of people had to make a similar shift and in their case the grass is probably much greener now.

Last edited:

DisneyDreamer08

To add to that, all of the character dining that has come back says “modified character dining” on the WDE app. What does that mean? No hugs and pics with the characters still?

Adding to this for Chef Mickey specifically is regular self service buffet back for breakfast and dinner or is it still modified family style service? I keep seeing mixed answers so if anyone can clarify that would be awesome.
Chef Mickey’s is still family style. There is a fairly recent Allears video on YouTube. As far as I know, hugging and autographs are back. So I’m not sure why it still says modified. But again, on Allears, I’ve seen videos of character meals where they are hugging the characters.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Not sure if this has been mentioned but plexiglass dividers are gone in Three Caballeros.

DEDD6B36-B9E2-4960-9A16-80D0C49A95D5.jpeg

mattpeto

A little bit of housekeeping:
  • The Temporarily Unavailable Entertainment page redirects to the active Entertainment. That was a go-to page for the DCI from the beginning, it helped me identify what was missing.
  • Jingle Bell Jingle Bam! page is now offline on the main site, but can be found still on MDE search. I think this one might be getting the Rivers of Light treatment
  • This page: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/fireworks still shows Fantasmic! (confirmed to return) and still lists Star Wars: AGS and Once Upon a Time as temporarily unavailable. I've never seen Fourth of July Fireworks and New Year's Eve Fireworks specifically listed, but it's there now - which means that the webpage has been touched recently.

gerarar

Premium Member
What's stopping MK from returning OUAT???? We've had Pyro back since last July 1st......
They don't want to spend money to redo the projections with the 50th decorations.

Obviously joking, but it could be true. Although they did it with HEA's short return, sooo

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom