Return to normality tracker

mattpeto

I have been hearing from people that there is still plexiglass in some queue lines like the Three Calleberos and Rise in some sections. Can someone make a removal watch thread or a list of all the places in this thread that still have plexiglass? @wdwmagic @ToTBellHop
It's crazy that they still have it up in some places and I was just wondering where they still have it up. Also, is that affecting your comeback index? @mattpeto
I had a plexiglass penalty for attractions when they were in play, but those penalties have been removed.

Probably should have a small penalty still in the index for the queues. Beside those two attractions, any others come to mind?

Gran Fiesta

Yeah, leaving it up is the cheapest option so they are in no rush to take them down.
I guess that makes sense, I mean surely it can't take that long to take a section down right? The last time I went it looks like just one bolt that is holding them on the queue rails. I understand it's the cheapest option to just leave them but the ones in The Three Caballeros felt almost suffocating since they are so closed in.

Gran Fiesta

I had a plexiglass penalty for attractions when they were in play, but those penalties have been removed.

Probably should have a small penalty still in the index for the queues. Beside those two attractions, any others come to mind?
I haven't been since August of 2021 so I don't know which ones have been taken down yet, but those two are the ones that I have heard people talk about recently. I was wondering if there were other people that have noticed it on other ride queues?

gerarar

Premium Member

MMRR still had 'em in December 2021 when I was there, and just checked a livestream from a couple days ago....still there
Screenshot_20220420-133144_YouTube.jpg

I did notice the screws holding them in place were quite loose....wonder what it would take for a guest to completely unscrew it lol

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I guess that makes sense, I mean surely it can't take that long to take a section down right? The last time I went it looks like just one bolt that is holding them on the queue rails. I understand it's the cheapest option to just leave them but the ones in The Three Caballeros felt almost suffocating since they are so closed in.

Depends if they want to do it right or not. In Grand Fiesta Tour they are bolted into the columns, so this would require patching and repainting all the holes. Not a small undertaking if you want it to be an clean repair.

1650479916093.png

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Ahh, I see now, the ones I saw were only bolted underneath the railings unless I just missed this (which is very possible).

If they are bolted through the railing that would be even more of a problem because you would be left with holes which could require replacing the railing entirely.

Gran Fiesta

Small World, Living With the Land, Grand Fiesta Tour, Tower or Terror, Slinky Dog, and Mickey and Minnies, Seas with Nemo all still had plexi in the last few weeks based on live stream videos.
My goodness didn't realize there was still so much up. Hopefully, they all come down before my next trip in December. If not it's fine, they don't ruin my trip or anything. Just can't believe they are still up

danlb_2000

Premium Member
My goodness didn't realize there was still so much up. Hopefully, they all come down before my next trip in December. If not it's fine, they don't ruin my trip or anything. Just can't believe they are still up

I didn't realize it either until I started to look. Some of these don't have it everywhere, but all have at least some.

Heelz2315

I can't imagine why WDW has any of the plexiglass anywhere. With masks no longer required on transportation, indoors anywhere it's the only reminant left of the covid restriction left. Unless they have plans at some point to bring any restrictions/indoor masks back they should take everything down.

If they did bring restrictions back, (full disclosure I pray the don't) I can only imagine the fury that will be unleashed at management and cast members.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom