News Return of the Walt Disney World tram fleet tracker

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
Stephen Colbert made fun of the trams at WDW this week:

_7-10 screenshot.png

Segments starts at 6:45:

Animaniac93-98

Saw something about the Disneyland trams coming back early next year, maybe for WDW too?

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Saw something about the Disneyland trams coming back early next year, maybe for WDW too?

My next door neighbors son is a CM. In early September he was being trained for trams. He is currently back in another roll.

PuertoRekinSam

"My family enjoyed the walk"

"You should have done your research and planned ahead"

"Disney is a business"

"There's a pandemic"

"Don't like it, don't go"

etc
You left out “I’m faster than the tram” which is why I never use it.
(Not that I am faster than the tram itself, but between waiting for it to show up, people to board, strollers being folded and loaded, the safety spiel, people being told no further boarding. People boarding anyway, the safety spiel again for those who boarded after the first one, I can get to the front of the park faster than others in my same row. )

UKDisney Dave

It’s nothing but a cost saving measure designed to hit those who don’t stay on property. They can recruit enough people to make a gingerbread house for GF foe
Goodness sakes, then they can find a few kids to drive trams.

Nothing but lowering the quality of the service whilst expecting guest to pay full price for parking.

Unless things change I can see my next stateside vacation being Disney free.

ifan

More news coverage on lack of trams from earlier this week in an NPR article on "skimpflation":
NPR Skimpflation Article

"All is not so happy at the happiest place on Earth. The guests of the Magic Kingdom are restless. Despite reopening more than six months ago, Disney World and Disneyland have yet to restart their tram services to and from parking lots, forcing visitors to walk nearly a mile to enter and exit the parks. Some Disney fans are acting as though the company is a kind of greedy Cruella de Vil, willing to slaughter cute puppies and turn them into coats for a profit.

"Customer service is gone at Disney," says commenter James E. on Facebook. "It's all about maximizing profit now."

"They haven't brought back the trams because it's saving Disney money!" writes Daniel P. "Trams need to be driven by multiple drivers."

It's all about "GREED," says Harry Z. "It has nothing to do with COVID at this point."

A couple of weeks ago, amid mounting online fury over Disney's transportation issues, the company announced it was finally reopening its famous monorail system. But, the company said, its trams to and from parking lots will remain idle for the foreseeable future."

John park hopper

It’s nothing but a cost saving measure designed to hit those who don’t stay on property. They can recruit enough people to make a gingerbread house for GF foe
Goodness sakes, then they can find a few kids to drive trams.

Nothing but lowering the quality of the service whilst expecting guest to pay full price for parking.

Unless things change I can see my next stateside vacation being Disney free.
But they did give you $50 preferred parking Whoopie

roj2323

Honestly I agree that the trams should be running at this point but it is actually usually a little faster than the trams to walk. I suppose it's all about perspective, health and how many munchkins you're dragging around though.

Goofyernmost

Honestly I agree that the trams should be running at this point but it is actually usually a little faster than the trams to walk. I suppose it's all about perspective, health and how many munchkins you're dragging around though.
Lets not assume that walking is a simple task for everyone. If you are physically impaired in minor ways, it is not a picnic to even walk from the handicapped parking section, much less way out in the far ends of the parking lot. Although my problems are not severe enough to qualify for a parking permit, I can tell you that my day would be done by the time I got to the TTC. Unless they put benches in along the way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom