News Return of the Walt Disney World tram fleet tracker

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Michaelson

I sure hope so. This still makes no sense to me. I was up at Pidgeon Forge, TN a couple weeks ago and all tram and trolley services were back operating at full capacity, and from what I was told, have been for quite a while. All they did was put plexiglass between the sections and families rode together. Otherwise, business as usual. Surely Disney can get these things rolling again. All I can think of is still staff availability, but they surely they can't blame the 'covid' for the delay now.

Regards! Michaelson

celluloid

I sure hope so. This still makes no sense to me. I was up at Pidgeon Forge, TN a couple weeks ago and all tram and trolley services were back operating at full capacity, and from what I was told, have been for quite a while. All they did was put plexiglass between the sections and families rode together. Otherwise, business as usual. Surely Disney can get these things rolling again. All I can think of is still staff availability, but they surely they can't blame the 'covid' for the delay now.

Regards! Michaelson

Yeah, it was all a very obvious cost saving measure more than it was ever about safety. Labor to be more specific. They just had to wait for those odd long hours for a large number of employees that the College Program brings back.

Nottamus

This June was the first trip we didn’t use buses and drove to parks everyday first time ever.

the walking to the car wasn’t really bad…granted, we didn’t walk in rain, hail, or any horrible conditions……but I don’t have trams experience to compare it too. So, I’m curious when it comes back how it saves time. And shoe wear

Last edited:

MarvelCharacterNerd

Meanwhile, those of us making the long walk here in CA be like:

1626235028370.png

montyz81

This June was the first trip we didn’t use buses and drove to parks everyday first time ever.

the walking to the car wasn’t really bad…granted, we didn’t walk in rain, hail, or any horrible conditions……but I don’t have trams experience to compare it too. So, I’m curious when it comes back how it saves time. And shoe wear
Think about it this way. Usually, you end at the park when your energy is spent or the park closes. The last thing you want to do is walk to the back of any of the parking lots as you leave the park. I'm all for exercise, but sometimes it is nice to sit down after walking all day.

Disone

no, but with the influx of CPs coming, it would make sense for that to change before the end of the year. Those were one of the heavy CP roles I believe
Well.... The CPs have been back for awhile now but not the trams.

Meanwhile in California signage referencing the trams has been altered in a manner that lead some to conclude that those trans will not be coming back.

I wonder if WDW has quietly decided the same thing.

techgeek

I think it’s completely inexcusable that tram service hasn’t been returned to the TTC. Even from ‘close’ parking spots it’s still a decent walk. It makes for a horrible first impression, and at the end of a long day a bad last one as well.

The other parks, well… Entrance ‘improvements’ pushing the drop-offs well into the parking lots has made some of those tram runs so short it’s comical and almost pointless anyway.

peter11435

I think it’s completely inexcusable that tram service hasn’t been returned to the TTC. Even from ‘close’ parking spots it’s still a decent walk. It makes for a horrible first impression, and at the end of a long day a bad last one as well.

The other parks, well… Entrance ‘improvements’ pushing the drop-offs well into the parking lots has made some of those tram runs so short it’s comical and almost pointless anyway.
I agree that at this point there’s no excuse that teams have not returned.

but… well into the parking lots? That’s extreme hyperbole.

techgeek

I agree that at this point there’s no excuse that teams have not returned.

but… well into the parking lots? That’s extreme hyperbole.

The Epcot west loop seems a lot shorter then it used to be. Maybe I’m being a little dramatic about the others.

I have the sort of luck that I almost always get parked at the end of a row, so by the time I walk the row back I’m like ‘hey we’re almost there anyways!’

castlecake2.0

If they’re not brining them back the TTC needs some changes to add walking paths, its actually surprising that once you park they offer no direction to get to the main entrance, so many people just wandering through traffic and live lanes trying to get to the front. What’s the $25 for again?

peter11435

If they’re not brining them back the TTC needs some changes to add walking paths, its actually surprising that once you park they offer no direction to get to the main entrance, so many people just wandering through traffic and live lanes trying to get to the front. What’s the $25 for again?
The WDW parking lots are honestly in deplorable condition. Poorly maintained asphalt and striping, dying and neglected landscaping, lack of signage, and what signage is there is mostly faded or damaged. It’s to the point where most Walmart’s have better cared for parking lots than the WDW parks and honestly the resorts aren’t too far behind.

John park hopper

The privilege of parking on their picsy dust laced asphalt--- don't you just feel the magic walking all that way or maybe it's just sore leg muscles

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom