News Return of the Walt Disney World tram fleet tracker

Magic Feather

It isn't THAT far to walk. I stopped riding the tram at any park when they went to the recorded, dual language safety spiel. I'm too impatient to sit through it. Most of the time I arrive walking slightly earlier than the tram I would have been on. Sometimes just afterwards.
Lucky for you, not too long before the closure, they changed the tram procedure to where the safety spiel begins playing as the tram is moving to save time.

lbarker

Honestly, not a fan of Stephen Colbert but he is absolutely right on this issue. I am so disappointed in how Disney is treating their guests. Prices are going up for EVERYTHING and experiences are getting to be less and less. Charging almost double for Holiday Parties, Genie Plus and now we have to pay to get on the big ticket rides at WDW, discontinuing the Magical Express in 2022, pay to park at resorts, no free Fast Passes, no tram services, no character appearance and etc., They are pricing us out of vacationing at Disney. Basically, only the wealthy will be able to enjoy Disney going forward.

EeyoreFan#24

That's simple--- staff collecting money benefits Bob --- running trams costs Bob money

They already put in doors, how complicated could it be to add a quarter slot next to the handle.

when the quarters drop into the door, first and last thing you hear each park day will be the sound of guests money clacking around waiting for the mouse to collect. Kind of appropriate now.

SoFloMagic

Yeah, with the lower prices they’re charging for everything due to soft demand, you have to expect cutbacks somewhere, right?

I mean, maybe if you were still paying full pre-Covid price for everything, you could expect some level of service but with what they’re charging these days?

No way!

Better no trams than them stop doing something like say, the Finding Nemo show, right?.. right? :oops:
I mean it's obviously cheap and crazy, but honestly I'd prefer to lose trams and get the drummers back in Japan and AK. If we're going to treat the parks as transactional as chapek seems to that is.
They aren't focused on creating lifelong fans, it's time to sell now. It's like they've realized the superfans are already addicted and will pay. 20k people at $2,000 each beats 50k at $150, right? Not sure Walt would've agreed.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
I mean it's obviously cheap and crazy, but honestly I'd prefer to lose trams and get the drummers back in Japan and AK. If we're going to treat the parks as transactional as chapek seems to that is.
They aren't focused on creating lifelong fans, it's time to sell **** now. It's like they've realized the superfans are already addicted and will pay. 20k people at $2,000 each beats 50k at $150, right? Not sure Walt would've agreed.
The drummers are back in both places. I have granted your wish!

Goofyernmost

They aren't focused on creating lifelong fans, it's time to sell **** now. It's like they've realized the superfans are already addicted and will pay. 20k people at $2,000 each beats 50k at $150, right? Not sure Walt would've agreed.
That would be swell if one were the only person going to the parks. There are others that need the assist and some that have come to expect it for close to 50 years.

A while after my divorce I was going with a lady that had severe back issues. She had trouble walking or standing. At the time I was going to therapy to work though the suddenness of the divorce and had mentioned to the counselor that I was unhappy with my girlfriend at the time and felt that even though we had a good time together, the idea that I would have to give up Disney had me thinking that it was time to end the relationship because I was sure it wouldn't work. The very next day, I fell while going down a staircase with my arms full and in the process severed my right quad muscle and had to deal with that handicap for months and even lesser degrees for a decade and more. If you don't include yourself in any scenario you will never be able to imagine what it would be like to be without some of the simple aids that are required. You are right it is now a matter of what can we sell you. But, frankly if you can't get to these places no one is going to sell you anything.

Last edited:

JMcMahonEsq

That would be swell if you were the only person going to the parks. There are others that need the assist and some that have come to expect it for close to 50 years.

A while after my divorce I was going with a lady that had severe back issues. She had trouble walking or standing. At the time I was going to therapy to work though the suddenness of the divorce and had mentioned to the counselor that I was unhappy with my girlfriend at the time and felt that even though we had a good time together, the idea that I would have to give up Disney had me thinking that it was time to end the relationship because I was sure it wouldn't work. The very next day, I fell while going down a staircase with my arms full and in the process severed my right quad muscle and had to deal with that handicap for months and even lesser degrees for a decade and more. If you don't include yourself in any scenario you will never be able to imagine what it would be like to be without some of the simple aids that are required. You are right it is now a matter of what can we sell you. But, frankly if you can't get to these places no one is going to sell you anything.
You don’t make operating business decisions on the margins. You make them based on the majority of your customers, and while I am sure there are some people who would like the trams back, the vast majority of WDW guests don’t need them and don’t miss them. To the extent that there needs to be cuts, it’s better to make those cuts on non-entertainment items that most guests will never miss/use.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
You don’t make operating business decisions on the margins. You make them based on the majority of your customers, and while I am sure there are some people who would like the trams back, the vast majority of WDW guests don’t need them and don’t miss them. To the extent that there needs to be cuts, it’s better to make those cuts on non-entertainment items that most guests will never miss/use.
Can I see the source on that?

Casper Gutman

This isn’t true, but even if it was, what a welcoming message to send to the elderly, the very young, the guests with disabilities, the overweight, and anyone else who can’t comfortably walk a couple extra miles across hot asphalt. They’re basically outliers anyway, after all, and accommodating them is no longer worth the effort.

Fortunately, it’s nonsense. The trams are perhaps one of the most used amenities at the park and the first thing many guests experience during a visit, not some underutilized fringe benefit. Oddly, Disney comes off better here then in the version intended to defend them - their callousness is merely a byproduct of their foolishness and greed rather then a calculated marginalization of large portions of their audience.

castlecake2.0

Alright guess they should remove allergy menus from restaurants, wheelchair rental at main entrance, never bring back cultural reps, shutter all the movies in world showcase, and close the kennel club. Majority of guests will never know!

bcoachable

When the idea for the parks was born in Walt’s imagination, he was wanting to give the world something they had never seen before. The bankers balked at the thought, because “that’s not ever been done before like that”. Even his own wife thought he was nuts… The whole
Company’s success is literally due to their ability to do things above and beyond what others where willing to do. Just because “any MBA school says it’s the way to do it”, doesn’t mean it’s the right thing to do…

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
The source on what? That you don’t make operational budget decisions based on the margins but rather than on the majority of your customer base? You can see basically any MBA class on operations you might like to select.
The source on "the vast majority of WDW guests don't need them or miss them". You been having secret talks with Bobby? Care to share?

MrPromey

Honestly, not a fan of Stephen Colbert but he is absolutely right on this issue. I am so disappointed in how Disney is treating their guests. Prices are going up for EVERYTHING and experiences are getting to be less and less. Charging almost double for Holiday Parties, Genie Plus and now we have to pay to get on the big ticket rides at WDW, discontinuing the Magical Express in 2022, pay to park at resorts, no free Fast Passes, no tram services, no character appearance and etc., They are pricing us out of vacationing at Disney. Basically, only the wealthy will be able to enjoy Disney going forward.

And why are they even going to want to go there if things keep getting diminished?

That's the part I don't get.

How can you claim something that was built as a squarely middle middle-class resort 50 years ago, that you've started stripping things away from is now high-end?

Most people with money aren't that stupid, are they?

Last edited:

MrPromey

That would be swell if you were the only person going to the parks. There are others that need the assist and some that have come to expect it for close to 50 years.

He's not suggesting this is a good thing.

MrPromey

The source on "the vast majority of WDW guests don't need them or miss them". You been having secret talks with Bobby? Care to share?
You're missing the point. JMcMahonEsq's role here on this site is to remind us all as paying customers, that we deserve nothing and should expect nothing, ever, because it's Disney's world and we just pay $125 to be allowed to walk around in it.

... and I guess we're supposed to feel grateful for that since techcinally the terms of admission don't really guarantee that benefit, either.

Based on his contributions to discussions around here, I'm left to assume he imagines himself as a very successful businessy guy.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom