Pre-Trip Return of the Noob......coming soon this Fall 2017

Dim the house lights, que epic fanfare.........

and action!!!!

Vader by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

So that was a long time ago but not so far away. That pic is about 10 years old and should set the mood of what kind of guy I am, especially on vacation. I was working, can't ya tell??

301384_279853978701939_100000320162739_994756_649403297_n by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr
If you have not read my first TR please enjoy.

We have not been back to WDW since our last trip in 2011. Between then and now we have had ups and down some of which you will find in my other threads. But we press forward for I am a noob no more, right?? Well I hope so because I am planning this trip not just for our 3 person family. But for a family friend and her daughter. We will be a party of 5.

We have a family friend who has a daughter only three weeks older and they have never been and were interested in going. After some discussion we decided on a September trip. Everything was left in my capable hands to plan. She does not read these boards or know much of my struggles last trip. That's a need to know basis.

IMG_6114 (2) by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr
Somehow this was the only picture of the three of us at Allies party and it was being photo bombed. Noob mistake? Maybe, busy father sounds better.

IMG_5863 (2) by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr
Katie after she was pushed into the foam pit by the same photo bomber.

7006478218_6bf35e739c_o by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr
2011 last visit age 2.4 yrs.

IMG_5725 (2)
by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr
Just turned eight.

Everything was agreed upon which was great except for the fact that we had already passed the 180 day dining reservation window. That was a noob mistake! :facepalm: But I was not to worried because I could remember our last trip the ADR's with the kids was a mistake. The kids wanted to enjoy the park not a restaurant. With this early blunder realized, knowing my work schedule is horrible for planning and fall discounts not being released yet I acquired the services of Kingdom Konsultants. See I am a noob no more. We are set with two rooms at All Star Sports, "free" DDP, and Park Hoppers for eight days September 16th - 24th. Now I see just how much prices have increased over the last six years and not having a toddler get in for free costs. But thanks to KK I did not have to worry about changing reservations or being on the phone for hours. Just reply to an email and some magical things happen. So they get credit for booking and getting the fall discounts when they were released. Still need to get MNSSHP tickets that should be the final large booking expense.

The only thing I was stressed about was booking airline tickets. They have never flown so it will be a trip of "firsts" from the very start. Was able to get round trip non-stop tickets and use my cc miles for a discount. Also learned that the Google flight tracker is a great tool that I will use better next time. It helps you track ticket costs and gives you an alert to fare increases or decreases.

Everything is a GO just waiting for my Fastpass window to open so I can start that process. Can you book all your FP's for the length of stay on your 60 day window or just each day as it hits 60 respectively?

I did book Akershus and two BOG ressies you know for the kids(me) :D. Not that I will enjoy meeting the princesses again.
princess 1 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Allison has been watching a video I made about our last trip recently multiple times everyday. Basically my TR in video form with music, stills and videos in a 53 minute movie. She as asked I can do that again. Sure thing, a true labor of love. Now I am on the hunt for a new camcorder. 720p doesn't cut it in the 4K age.

One more thing I know is on everybody's mind. Yes I have already picked out my /waist/bumbag. F@nny is a bad word? Even with the Magic Band it will be a handy place to secure items while riding and park touring for quick access.
0622170226 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

303714_279853158702021_100000320162739_994739_283222510_n by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

I have put my foot down I will not be a pack mule this trip. Look at all that necessary equipment I lugged around for a week last time.

Last edited:

Uncle Lupe

Original Poster
0916171948.jpg

IIts the real deal this time @prfctlyximprct

Uncle Lupe

Original Poster
Well in the mess of trying to help keep up with everything I've lost my visor at Epcot last night. Had to be at or after dinner hoping it gets to lost and found.:cry:

Uncle Lupe

Original Poster
Hope you're having fun!
Had a very bad day Tuesday with the MNSSHP..... Tried to let it go so not to ruin the last 4 days. By Friday I had enough of the problems in every park and made a very emotional complaint at City Hall.... When I get mad I cry.... Did my best but it all came out. More about that in a TR when I have time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom