Pre-Trip Return of the Noob......coming soon this Fall 2017

Dim the house lights, que epic fanfare.........

and action!!!!

Vader by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

So that was a long time ago but not so far away. That pic is about 10 years old and should set the mood of what kind of guy I am, especially on vacation. I was working, can't ya tell??

301384_279853978701939_100000320162739_994756_649403297_n by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr
If you have not read my first TR please enjoy.

We have not been back to WDW since our last trip in 2011. Between then and now we have had ups and down some of which you will find in my other threads. But we press forward for I am a noob no more, right?? Well I hope so because I am planning this trip not just for our 3 person family. But for a family friend and her daughter. We will be a party of 5.

We have a family friend who has a daughter only three weeks older and they have never been and were interested in going. After some discussion we decided on a September trip. Everything was left in my capable hands to plan. She does not read these boards or know much of my struggles last trip. That's a need to know basis.

IMG_6114 (2) by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr
Somehow this was the only picture of the three of us at Allies party and it was being photo bombed. Noob mistake? Maybe, busy father sounds better.

IMG_5863 (2) by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr
Katie after she was pushed into the foam pit by the same photo bomber.

7006478218_6bf35e739c_o by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr
2011 last visit age 2.4 yrs.

IMG_5725 (2)
by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr
Just turned eight.

Everything was agreed upon which was great except for the fact that we had already passed the 180 day dining reservation window. That was a noob mistake! :facepalm: But I was not to worried because I could remember our last trip the ADR's with the kids was a mistake. The kids wanted to enjoy the park not a restaurant. With this early blunder realized, knowing my work schedule is horrible for planning and fall discounts not being released yet I acquired the services of Kingdom Konsultants. See I am a noob no more. We are set with two rooms at All Star Sports, "free" DDP, and Park Hoppers for eight days September 16th - 24th. Now I see just how much prices have increased over the last six years and not having a toddler get in for free costs. But thanks to KK I did not have to worry about changing reservations or being on the phone for hours. Just reply to an email and some magical things happen. So they get credit for booking and getting the fall discounts when they were released. Still need to get MNSSHP tickets that should be the final large booking expense.

The only thing I was stressed about was booking airline tickets. They have never flown so it will be a trip of "firsts" from the very start. Was able to get round trip non-stop tickets and use my cc miles for a discount. Also learned that the Google flight tracker is a great tool that I will use better next time. It helps you track ticket costs and gives you an alert to fare increases or decreases.

Everything is a GO just waiting for my Fastpass window to open so I can start that process. Can you book all your FP's for the length of stay on your 60 day window or just each day as it hits 60 respectively?

I did book Akershus and two BOG ressies you know for the kids(me) :D. Not that I will enjoy meeting the princesses again.
princess 1 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Allison has been watching a video I made about our last trip recently multiple times everyday. Basically my TR in video form with music, stills and videos in a 53 minute movie. She as asked I can do that again. Sure thing, a true labor of love. Now I am on the hunt for a new camcorder. 720p doesn't cut it in the 4K age.

One more thing I know is on everybody's mind. Yes I have already picked out my /waist/bumbag. F@nny is a bad word? Even with the Magic Band it will be a handy place to secure items while riding and park touring for quick access.
0622170226 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

303714_279853158702021_100000320162739_994739_283222510_n by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

I have put my foot down I will not be a pack mule this trip. Look at all that necessary equipment I lugged around for a week last time.

Last edited:

fractal

Awesome "former Noob"!

I believe once the first day of your trip is in the 60 day window you can book FP for the entire time.

Good luck with the camcorder hunting. I can't offer any advise there.

Very excited for you that you are going back. Looking forward to the updates and eventually what I'm sure will be an entertaining report!

amjt660

Premium Member
I have no knowledge of the history of previous trips or posts on the site so I will just sit back and enjoy the planning for this trip

I hope you have a great time and look forward to more details and the eventual TR

And @fractal is bang on - at the 60 day mark you will be able to book your FP+ for the entire duration of your trip (8 days)
I believe if you go further than 8 days it might be an issue - but since I have never done more than 8 with the existing system I am not sure.

Following along

Max

Uncle Lupe

Original Poster
Awesome "former Noob"!

I believe once the first day of your trip is in the 60 day window you can book FP for the entire time.

Good luck with the camcorder hunting. I can't offer any advise there.

Very excited for you that you are going back. Looking forward to the updates and eventually what I'm sure will be an entertaining report!

I am leaning toward a Sony Handycam. That is what I have now just it is eight years old.
Taking two people who have never been. Ours was to young to really remember and see has hit that drama stage. Should be an uneventful trip.:oops:

I have no knowledge of the history of previous trips or posts on the site so I will just sit back and enjoy the planning for this trip

I hope you have a great time and look forward to more details and the eventual TR

And @fractal is bang on - at the 60 day mark you will be able to book your FP+ for the entire duration of your trip (8 days)
I believe if you go further than 8 days it might be an issue - but since I have never done more than 8 with the existing system I am not sure.

Following along

Max

Thanks. I have searched for that answer but have never found a definite explanation. Always the 60 mark was the start and end of subject.

Last edited:

Uncle Lupe

Original Poster
Oh cool! O-H-I-O I am still trying to finish your last TR . I switched jobs and my work schedule does not mesh well with the home life. But we do what we must for the family. I feel like all I do is work and sleep. So I am a little late getting this started.

Uncle Lupe

Original Poster
Following and looking forward!! Your daughter is beautiful!! She must be thrilled!!
Just a little. We are a Disney family and I am trying to get her excited about the big kid rides but she is very skiddish. Very dramatic and lots of questions. One reason we wanted to go with a friend, the kids could help each get on the rides. If one of the kids refused maybe the others could still enjoy time on the rides while split up.

Last edited:

TheMouseFan

I'm in! You'll be able to make FP+ for your entire stay at the 60 day mark. We stayed 12 nights in June and were able to make FP+ all the way up to the last day. Have a great trip! Can't wait to hear about it!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I am leaning toward a Sony Handycam. That is what I have now just it is eight years old.
Taking two people who have never been. Ours was to young to really remember and see has hit that drama stage. Should be an uneventful trip.:oops:

Thanks. I have searched for that answer but have never found a definite explanation. Always the 60 mark was the start and end of subject.

I feel like you should complete the look of your f@nny pack and get an old school camcorder from the late eighties/early nineties!

Uncle Lupe

Original Poster
I'll be there those days too (I added a day to my trip so we're heading home the 25th). Excited to see your plans to see if we'll be in any of the same parks on the same day.

We do not arrive until the afternoon of the 16th so I figure that evening is a MK night rides, Dwarfs mine train and Happily Ever After. Only other plans so far:

Sept. 17th Dinner at Akershus 8:10pm. So Epcot FP's seems like the easy call here Frozen, Soarin'

Friday the 22nd have a lunch at BOG 12:55pm

Saturday have a breakfast at BOG 9:20am should make a nice bookend to the trip. MK full day

Sunday the 24th we out. Drop the mic! We fly home and back to work and school on Monday

Everything else is wide open. We are on the quick serve dining plan so I only need to figure out park days and FP's. I want to see Pandora in person nobody else will care about it. Katie is talking Allie up on Jedi Training but she is not a Star Wars fan so I don't know if it is worth trying to squeeze that in one morning for both kids. Something to talk about for sure.

Yeah, if you see a guy wearing neon yellow Nikes and a Disney graphic tee yell Uncle Lupe (Loopy) maybe its me.

prfctlyximprct

Found these at the store to surprise the daughter as a way to keep that Disney vibe alive. Everything tastes better in the shape of Mickey right @prfctlyximprct I know it no substitute for an on property real thing but it works for now.
0625170049 (2) by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr
Oh my goodness!! I need to go find these!!! And everything surely does taste better in the shape of a Mickey!!!! :)

Uncle Lupe

Original Poster
It's getting real people. As of this moment we are 67 days away. Was getting a little freaked out as reality sets in and it is really happening. I started to get a general idea of park plans and fastpasses. Even with all the computer and App help I still find that having things written down on paper the easiest way to see what is happening the entire week. Kinda have the major FP's planned and will fill in with what's available. Only have three days structured with dining and MNSSHP helps to steer you to other parks to round out your plans. Have this on my little planning calendar just waiting for my window to open. Any suggestions are welcome but this pre-planning is a little silly.

All days: Will be actively looking for vloggers to praise and or photobomb.

So day 1 Sept 16th: Arrival day. Our plane departure time as been moved up by 40 minutes so we should get there a little sooner. Planned to spend the evening at MK and book FP's for Dwarf Mine Train and go from there.

Day 2 Sept 17th: We have dinner planned at Akershus 8:10pm so was looking to hit MK in the morning leave well before MNSSHP and head to Epcot for a Frozen FP and whatever else I can get for that evening. I know I could make FP's for MK but want to make sure we are not stuck in a mulit hour line with two 8 years old girls. So making all FP's for Epcot.

Day 3 Sept 18th: Pandora I'm looking at you with a FP for FOP in the morning. Again will just see what is possible but plan to enjoy AK for most if not all day.

Day 4 Sept 19th: Still have to buy MNSSHP tickets for this day but will start off with DHS. Toy Story FP here is the major one to get. Will get whatever just to fill in two more because we move on to MK for the party this night.

Day 5 Sept 20th: Epcot take two. Soarin' is the goal and depending on how day 2 goes might try to keep things fluid. Definitely want to experience Soarin' Around the World.

Day 6 Sept 21st: Animal Kingdom Kilimanjaro Safari's is the big one we need. I hope to get Nav'i River in by just doing standby this day if we can hit rope drop, if not done on day 3. No other set plans just start in AK and see how it flows.

Day 7 Sept 22nd: This is a MNSSHP day that we will not be attending. So with the Morning EMH Dwarf Train again and see what we can enjoy in Fantasyland. We have a ressie for BOG at 12:55pm so hanging in that part of the park is fine with me. May just head back for some relaxing pool time or Disney Springs tour???? May have to split the group for this one. Might find me on the upper deck of Paddle Fish enjoying an overpriced drink.

Day 8 Sept 23rd: MK again... as if. Have a BOG ressie for 9:20 park opens at nine. Eat first and FP Big Thunder or Space Mountain fill in with Peter Pan make the rest with as early as possible FP's. That should allow for the additional FP and maximize our last day. No hopping planned this day just MK till the kids drop.

Day 9 Sept 24th: Now it's time to say goodbye. Have a late morning flight and back to reality (school and work ) the next day. So that's the plans so far.

Seemed overwhelming but only took a few minutes to think and plan but lets hope everything goes smooth. I am glad I am not locked in with a bunch of dining reservations. Hard to get for a party of 5 anyway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom