Restricted Rehire status

The Mom

Premium Member
Oh believe me, I know. I've been around WDWMagic and sites like it long enough to know that WDW keeps an eye out. I have a management friend at Disney whose main job right now is to scour boards like this and compile compile legitimate complaints and see what can be fixed.

I'm still not going to censor myself because I know the almighty mouse might be watching. I'm not on the clock right now and if Disney or anyone else for that matter wants to judge me for stating my opinion, then that's someone I don't want to work for. Sorry if what I do in my spare time isn't good enough for you guys. I honestly already said a post or two back that I don't even expect to work for Disney again.

There is a quote (attributed to several people) "The measure of a man's character is how he behaves when no one is watching." Or "....if he knew he would never be found out."

Basically, how you behave off the clock is a reflection of your true character, which might eventually surface while working, so it is a good idea to always behave as if someone is watching - because they are.

Next Big Thing

There is a quote (attributed to several people) "The measure of a man's character is how he behaves when no one is watching." Or "....if he knew he would never be found out."

Basically, how you behave off the clock is a reflection of your true character, which might eventually surface while working, so it is a good idea to always behave as if someone is watching - because they are.
In the quoted post I said I knew they watch.

I don't understand quite what most of you want from me. I came to the thread with the specific reason of looking for help going forward, that's it. Somehow I feel like that's gotten spun into me having bad character, which I just don't understand nor will I accept as something placed on me.

The Mom

Premium Member
In the quoted post I said I knew they watch.

I don't understand quite what most of you want from me. I came to the thread with the specific reason of looking for help going forward, that's it. Somehow I feel like that's gotten spun into me having bad character, which I just don't understand nor will I accept as something placed on me.

I'm not saying you have bad character, but that your judgement needs to improve. It is commendable that you continue to do your best at a job you aren't crazy about. But to think that you can behave one way "on the clock" and another way (even if not exactly terrible) off the clock is something you should work on. Be the person you want the world to see, both in public and in private - and especially on the net. It is not as anonymous as people would like to believe. Do not say anything online that you wouldn't want your parents, or a future employer, to read.

21stamps

Don't bother with any of them. They live in their own pathetic delusional world where asking simple advice is frowned upon. Its why I can't take their opinions seriously. Anyway, I'm sure if you just pop over to Casting and speak with someone there, you'll get all the answers you want. No need to waste time with the "I think I'm better than you because I'm an older adult" crowd on this forum that continually gets off on trash talking people like us.

It's not better, just older. Which means more time to make mistakes and learn from them, as well as more time to observe the mistakes and consequences of others. Someday you'll be older too and the circle will continue.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Don't bother with any of them. They live in their own pathetic delusional world where asking simple advice is frowned upon. Its why I can't take their opinions seriously. Anyway, I'm sure if you just pop over to Casting and speak with someone there, you'll get all the answers you want. No need to waste time with the "I think I'm better than you because I'm an older adult" crowd on this forum that continually gets off on trash talking people like us.

Or they can call and ask. Which is what I did.

rob0519

Please don't remind me. I'm already freaking about turning 25 next year and still not being anywhere close to where I thought I'd be by that time :arghh: :cry:

Freaking out about 25? Most people are 1 or 2 years out of college or just graduating at that age these days. You must have some lofty goals for such a young age. Just think after next year, 30 will be practically around the corner.

The Mom

Premium Member
Except he hasn't once implied he hasn't. Hoity toity people like you swooped in here and just assumed he was making an azz of himself all over Central FL when he was simply asking for advice. His original inquiry simply asked "is there a number I can call to get the ball rolling"/ Then the same old typical snobbish people descend to call him out without even giving him a chance.

He clearly stated that he could say anything he wanted "off the clock." I was just reminding him (and you) that you are not as anonymous as you think you are, and what you say on the net and social media may come back to bite you some day. I guess that makes me hoity-toity. ;)

Pixie VaVoom

Oh believe me, I know. I've been around WDWMagic and sites like it long enough to know that WDW keeps an eye out. I have a management friend at Disney whose main job right now is to scour boards like this and compile compile legitimate complaints and see what can be fixed.

I'm still not going to censor myself because I know the almighty mouse might be watching. I'm not on the clock right now and if Disney or anyone else for that matter wants to judge me for stating my opinion, then that's someone I don't want to work for. Sorry if what I do in my spare time isn't good enough for you guys. I honestly already said a post or two back that I don't even expect to work for Disney again.

Attitude has been klnown to come across unconsciously during professional interactions...

"I'm still not going to censor myself because I know the almighty mouse might be watching." - Well, okay then - you make your choice - you pay your dues.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I still stand by my defining feature of being outspoken. If that costs me an opportunity, then so be it. I refuse to be silenced into submission because "the powers that be" get offended by it.
Being outspoken is fine, as long as you know and understand when it is better to keep quiet.

Next Big Thing

I still stand by my defining feature of being outspoken. If that costs me an opportunity, then so be it. I refuse to be silenced into submission because "the powers that be" get offended by it.
Exactly.

I'm not going to silence or censor myself because I know that someone at WDW watches over things here. If that's what causes me an opportunity, i'm fine with it. There's plenty of other places to work in the world other than Disney.

mousehockey37

Especially on this board and in this thread!

mousehockey37

Great and good for you. 99% of the time, taking the effort to go in person makes a difference. When I worked at Old Navy, anyone who called inquiring about a job we ignored. But whenever someone took time out of their day to walk into our store, asked to speak with one of us in person, we made sure to note the effort when going through applications. It may be more convenient to make a quick phone call, but traditional bait and catch is still the best.

Hmm, so then why are a majority of the jobs today applied for online? The traditional bait and catch doesn't really apply to better careers anymore. Oh, and, what if the person was checking on the status of a prior interview or looking to see if you were taking in person applications and you ignored them... You set a precedence for Old Navy that drove people away... potentially good people that would've made your store better, but heaven forbid you have to handle a phone interaction. Your inabilities at that store to deal with those people probably drove away future business as well... Wonder what Old Navy thinks about their employees not looking out for the companies best interests?

Let being outspoken cost you. It'll be even better when employers call other employers when you're looking for an "in". Sure, they only call to get dates of employment, but if you left a bad taste in a prior bosses mouth, they can voluntarily offer up any and all info they want on you.

mousehockey37

Hope you're not costing your friend his job....

Next Big Thing

This thread is the perfect example of how Corporate America has affected the way we live our lives. People have been trained to sit silent so when someone thinks different, they are somehow demonized for being themselves.

I fully expect the majority of you guys to criticize this post.

mousehockey37

No, this is a perfect thread on how social media has affected our lives. Social media has allowed anyone to speak their mind and do pretty much whatever they want, but at the same time, those that employ those people have access to the same information basically seeing how you are as a person and a "professional". Take a look at Steve Clevenger: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...t-charlotte-tweets-seattle-mariners/90908618/

There's a fine line between innovation and thinking outside the box and mouthing off or being boisterous because you (collectively) don't like the way things are.

As for this relating to Disney... Airing any kind of grievances here will more than likely cause more problems than offer solutions. You did just ask for a phone number or whatever and you did eventually get an answer (I think?), but there is also a bigger overall discussion based off of the reactions to what was said. Fighting fire with fire will be seen by those at Disney, who has a HUGE talent pool to pull from, and honestly go ahead and try, but don't be surprised if this is potentially brought up (it's happened to others). The condescending attitude that you don't really care if you work for Disney or not, well, that'll seal the deal, but you obviously care enough that you came here looking for answers. I'm sure your friend who scours the boards could've pointed you in the right direction.... why not start from your contacts on the inside?

Last edited:

21stamps

This thread is the perfect example of how Corporate America has affected the way we live our lives. People have been trained to sit silent so when someone thinks different, they are somehow demonized for being themselves.

I fully expect the majority of you guys to criticize this post.

????

I don't think it has ever been acceptable to speak badly about your place of employment, or place where you a are looking to be employed.

The difference now is that you have stupid people ranting in public via the Internet, which easily gets noticed.

As a result you could lose your job because of it, or never get the job you were looking for. Deservedly so.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom