Restaurants To Avoid!

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Good Morning All. Theres always people coming on here asking for recommendations for restaurants,but what ones would you advise to miss out at all costs.One that you've been to and was awful,but later on another trip you give it another try,and it's still awful.I know everyone can have a poor meal sometimes but revisit on another trip and its great.But I'am looking for the one that is just as bad as it was on your previous visit.So don't judge it on just one experience.

erasure fan1

For me there isn't a place that isn't worth doing at least once. All the table service offer something unique that for me was worth a try. The 2 places that I would only do as a last resort are Sci-fi and Chef Mickey. Sci-fi had extremely average food and Chef Mickey is average buffet food in a very non special environment. Now I would recommend them once because sci-fi is a very cool place to eat with the atmosphere/theme. And Chef Mickey is a great way to meet Mickey and the gang and watching the monorail go by is pretty cool too. So those are my been there done that don't need to do again restaurants.

real mad hatter

Original Poster
T-rex. It is way too loud and food is blah. I said I wouldn't go back after my first visit, but my 6yo nephew really wanted to go. I gave it another try and was just as disappointed as I was the first time. I definitely will not give it a 3rd try.
Gobsmacked! We went last year for our first time,not expecting too much gastronomic excitement but it was really good.Yes loud,but it's a dinosaur theme,our steaks were perfectly cooked & mouthwatering & cocktails to die for.But there you go.Sorry it didn't bite you the way it did us.;)

wdwfan4ver

Planet Hollywood is on my list.

I had issues there back to back trips there after being talked into going back there for the 2nd time there. The first time there was a big problem with the waiter and it basically wasted multiple hours fixing the problem. The problem was the waiter lost the hotel key that has the Disney Dining plan on it and for allowing us for going into the theme parks. The Waiter gave someone else our hotel card and gave us the wrong card. The waiter couldn't get back the card. We had to spend time at our hotel to fix that problem. The only good thing was not having about to put credit on the hotel card.

The 2nd trip time was problems with the food.

wdwstateofmind

50's Prime Time Cafe = LAME
Captain's Grill is pretty much a boring, basic restaurant
Tusker House is not worth the wait or time at AK
Whatever the sit down dining is in Coronado is pretty awful...

I know the Grill isn't a buffet, but Disney's buffet food really went downhill over the last three years...I usually recommend people eat at signature places or select park places to actually enjoy the food while avoiding buffets altogether (unless you like the overwhelming taste of butter on EVERYTHING)...

bethymouse

No bad experiences here, but I probably won't be doing any character meals anytime soon as my boys are growing up.:(
Will never do Spirit of Aloha again. Worth doing once, only for the all you care to drink wine & beer.:D
Didn't care for Liberty Tree Tavern. I guess I just wasn't in the mood for Thanksgiving- style food.:(
Play n Dine only if you have very little ones who love Disney Jr. characters!:D

Pooh Lover

Hollywood & Vile is definitely one to avoid, bland food, poor service and rude CMs. I didn't make this observation on one visit but two, when I stupidly decided to eat here again hoping it would be better, I was wrong.
One of my DH's favorite places.....every year! No, I don't get it either. While I've never had BAD service (usually it's fairly decent and amazingly we've had the same server several times), I'm never wowed by anything, especially the theming. :(

epcotisbest

T-rex. It is way too loud and food is blah. I said I wouldn't go back after my first visit, but my 6yo nephew really wanted to go. I gave it another try and was just as disappointed as I was the first time. I definitely will not give it a 3rd try.
Love T-Rex...never had a bad meal there. One time we were seated in the glowing ice cave and asked to be moved because I was getting a headache, but once moved it was great. Really enjoy the food there.

Ember

Love T-Rex...never had a bad meal there. One time we were seated in the glowing ice cave and asked to be moved because I was getting a headache, but once moved it was great. Really enjoy the food there.
We had a great experience there too! It was a little scary for our littlest guy, but he was ok after he got used to the noise. The food was a little pricey, but made up for it in taste. Everything was really yummy!!

Aurora1

I love the atmosphere at T-Rex, but the noise was just too much. That meteor shower destroyed our ear drums one trip! You could barely hear each other across the table.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom