Restaurant Worker Suspect in Pizzeria Parking Lot Murder

figmentmom

Originally posted by Mr D

Even shortly after 9/11 when I was last at WDW I was armed, and thats after the gate checks.

And I will be again.

Is that a threat?!? Do you feel so endangered at WDW that you feel it's necessary to endanger the rest of us?

mkymaus

Account Suspended
Originally posted by figmentmom
Is that a threat?!? Do you feel so endangered at WDW that you feel it's necessary to endanger the rest of us?

BRAVO!!!:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Firearms at WDW

Firearms at Disney World?

Man, I am a Police Officer myself, and let me tell you...any chance I get to not have to carry that big department issued Sig Pro .40 caliber semi-automatic weapon with me, I definitely leave it locked up in my house.

I mean, I arrest people for a living 5, 6, sometimes even 7 days a week. These are people that live in the same community as I do. Now, if I don't feel threatened by some sort of retaliation when I see these same people walking around in Wal-Mart (at this point, my family may be with me)....

HOW IN THE SAM-HILL-HELL CAN YOU FEEL THREATENED WHILE YOU ARE AT DISNEY WORLD?

Come on, let's not be so insecure about our manhood (or womanhood) to the point of bringing a gun into Disney World!

What if your little gun went off while you were being jarred around on one of the rides. Sure you may not get hurt, but some innocent person may. Rest assured, if I or any member of my family got hurt because of your little handgun, before you get hauled off to jail, you'll have a good ol' fashioned Walt Disney World @$$ kicking coming your way! :mad:

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Original Poster
Originally posted by figmentmom

*bows*

i'm not worthy! i'm not worthy!

wdwjmp239

Originally posted by mkt
fyi.. if anyone wonders why I posted this..

this crime occured at Crossroads... across the street from WDW, located in LBV, ie- DISNEY PROPERTY.

WOW!!! I used to frequent that Uno's Pizzeria alot when I'm in the LBV area. The food is good, but the NTN Trivia competition is something left to be desired. ;)

<---just another NTN bar trivia addict

My next trip to the world? Late 2003/Early 2004

Poncho1973

NOT Disney Property

Actually, Disney sold this property about 2 years ago. It isn't owned by Disney any longer... the entire Crossroads complex.

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
Re: NOT Disney Property

Originally posted by Poncho1973
Actually, Disney sold this property about 2 years ago. It isn't owned by Disney any longer... the entire Crossroads complex.

I had been told different by several parties... they kept ownership, but turned management of the land over to a private company

Poncho1973

Re: Re: NOT Disney Property

Originally posted by mkt
I had been told different by several parties... they kept ownership, but turned management of the land over to a private company

Nope. As someone who was a tiny part of it. It is completely NON-Disney and was even de-annexed from the Reedy Creek Improvement District. Crossroads is 100% a part of Orange County and wholly owned by individuals other than Disney.

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
Re: Re: Re: NOT Disney Property

Originally posted by Poncho1973
Nope. As someone who was a tiny part of it. It is completely NON-Disney and was even de-annexed from the Reedy Creek Improvement District. Crossroads is 100% a part of Orange County and wholly owned by individuals other than Disney.

heh.. wow.. you learn something new every day

mac388

Murder on Disney Property

Many of you are completely right. The land that Crossroads is situated on was bought by Walt Disney and is still owned by the Disney Company. Disney is like the "landlord" for the land, which doesn't make them responsible or liable for the murder. I know that's not an issue, but it is one of those confusing things like, it's kind of Disney property, but if someone wanted to sue or file complaints, Disney would not be liable. Another example is (believe it or not) Times Square. I moved to Manhattan last August and on my map it had Times Square as "Times (Disney) Square." I asked some native NYC'ers about this and they said that Disney bought most of the land in Times Square so they could renovate it and clean it up for their Broadway shows. Let me tell you, that place is like night and day now!! Anyways, Disney owns a lot of land around the country. However, if someone was killed in Times Square, would we say they were murdered on Disney property? Maybe not..... I think it's the same case with Crossroads.
Also, everyone's right about the "No one dies on Disney property" thing. I worked as a Lifeguard Cast Member and a coroner needs to declare them deceased, which can only be done at area hospitals. It also helps with legal issues!!

Poncho1973

Re: Murder on Disney Property

Originally posted by mac388
Many of you are completely right. The land that Crossroads is situated on was bought by Walt Disney and is still owned by the Disney Company. Disney is like the "landlord" for the land

(snipped)

Also, everyone's right about the "No one dies on Disney property" thing. I worked as a Lifeguard Cast Member and a coroner needs to declare them deceased, which can only be done at area hospitals. It also helps with legal issues!!

I'm sorry, but this just ISN'T factual information. I hope you don't take this as me chastising you, b/c I'm not, I'm just trying to keep it factual.

Orange County Property Appraiser

This link will show you that Disney is NOT a "landlord", nor do they own Crossroads any longer. ITW Mortgage Investments IV Inc. is the owner. Disney (I believe this to still be true) provides the complex with water/sewer services, but nothing else. It was (as I stated earlier) even de-annexed from RCID, back to Orange County. This is part of what I do for a living... so I tend to know these things and they are completely available in the public record.

Snopes article

This will show you that Snopes researched the "no death on property" thing and found at least one Florida case where it WAS declared on property. Your statement that "a coroner needs to declare them deceased" isn't QUITE true. Police, EMTs, doctors and nurses CAN legally declare someone dead. It doesn't happen often and it is UNLIKELY, but not impossible.

AGAIN... please just take this as fact correcting, not like I'm being a jerk.

:)

Poncho1973

Further clarification

Disney also charges for that water/sewer service, just like they would to any customer.

Just so that doesn't seem like a "landlord" thing.

mac388

Murders in a Disney Day

Dear Poncho,
No offense taken....too much! I think we're all Disney nuts and want to know everything there is to know.
Anyways....I think we're pretty much on the same page...I do know of the case you're talking about where someone was declared dead on Disney property. These things do happen, but I think you'll agree with me by saying that I'm glad not too many people "seem" to die on Disney property, ya know!?
Thanks for the info~

Mag1575

Such a sad story to hear about, and so close to Disney World. I can't count how many times I've visited Crossroads, and have always felt safe. I'm sure that this was aberrant incident.

Mark

FyrMan

I am THAT firefighter who caught the murderer

I know this thread is real old but I just wanted to those on this forum know that the vacationing firefighter who caught the murderer was me.

FWIW he is now serving 20 years to life.

DisneyRoxMySox

FyrMan said:
I know this thread is real old but I just wanted to those on this forum know that the vacationing firefighter who caught the murderer was me.

RIGHT ON MAN!! Thanks for you're work as a firefighter. Beleive me, it's appreciated. :wave: :wave: :)

wannabeBelle

FyrMan said:

You totally ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!! Great going in a very bad situation. As always I Am amazed at the bravery firefighters show!!!! Great job!!!! Belle

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom