Restaurant Worker Suspect in Pizzeria Parking Lot Murder

Scar Junior

PurpleFigment said:
Am I the only one confused as to why this is a big deal? Someone was murdered near Disney World. Murders happen everywhere...and more murders happen in populated areas. This is nothing new. I'd be suprised if someone wasn't murdered in the vicinity of Disney World on a bi-weekly basis at least. I spend my whole day listening to police, fire and ambulance scanners in Houston. I can tell you places in this city where murders happen weekly...and I'd say only about 50% (maybe less) of the murders in Houston get reported on television. Maybe I'm just use to hearing about murders, but geesh, this isn't too shocking. If there's a sniper killing guests as they enter the property, that's a big deal. But one murder outside of the gates...that has no indications (according to this article) that it was related to a vacationing guest. For all we know it was the guy's girlfriend or someone else he knew. Afterall, a majority of murders are committed against someone the murderer knows (or recognizes) somehow....

Maybe the 'big deal' is that while on Disney Property someone was murdered. Dead. Gone, forever. Someone will be in jail for a long time. Dozens of lives will never be the same. Children on vacation may have seen it. How is that not a big deal? Oh, right... it didn't affect you. That's why.

nor'easter

mac388 said:
Many of you are completely right. The land that Crossroads is situated on was bought by Walt Disney and is still owned by the Disney Company.

Wrong.The land has been sold.

mac388 said:
Another example is (believe it or not) Times Square. I moved to Manhattan last August and on my map it had Times Square as "Times (Disney) Square." I asked some native NYC'ers about this and they said that Disney bought most of the land in Times Square so they could renovate it and clean it up for their Broadway shows.

Wrong again. They have a long-term lease on the New Amsterdam.That's hardly "most of the land in Times Square."

jmvd20

Tigger1988 said:
Why would someone lie about such a trivial detail?, I had no knowledge of this murder until just know, what glory could one gain about lying about it

Other than gaining glory or praise there is no reason to lie about such an act. As a matter of fact even if it were true then the person is bragging about it, thus sending us back to the glory issue.

In my view claiming he was the one is wrong on many different levels, that is why I posted my comment.

Frank Stallone

DisneyRoxMySox said:
The murder happened about 3 years ago..

Lol. I'm an idiot! Thanks for the clarification. I only saw "Monday Night" and thought it meant this past Monday, not from 2003. I did hear sirens nearby that night, so thought it might make sense. Then again, I hear sirens in that area all the time.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Original Poster
Frank Stallone said:
Lol. I'm an idiot! Thanks for the clarification. I only saw "Monday Night" and thought it meant this past Monday, not from 2003. I did hear sirens nearby that night, so thought it might make sense. Then again, I hear sirens in that area all the time.
correct... Orlando isn't exactly the safest city ;)

DisneyRoxMySox

Frank Stallone said:

I didn't mean to put you down or anything, sorry if it came acorss that way!! :wave:

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Original Poster
metscool said:
Wow want to talk about close. That parking lot is the one near Hooters and McDs. Am I right on this one.
sort of... Hooters isn't there, but McD's, Jungle Jims, BW3's, and a few others are there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom