Restaurant Worker Suspect in Pizzeria Parking Lot Murder

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Original Poster
Originally posted by fngoofy
MK,
I do make the distinction between "on Disney Property" and "on Disney owned land."

so you're telling me that even though Disney owns the land, and IS the landlord, it's not their property.

Just because the Walt Disney World Resort isn't on it, that doesn't mean it's not Disney Property

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
Originally posted by Al
So a NO ONE has ever been declared dead on disney property?

no one has been declared dead...

which is somewhat strange. You could have no pulse, no chance of resucitation... but as long as you're at MK, you're still alive to the world.

cymbaldiva

I'm confused...

:rolleyes:

Since Disney does own the Crossroads, wouldn't that be on property?

(Rob, please know I don't mean anything sarcastic towards you! :) )

Mr D

Whats surprises me is the fact that the hero who was a vacationing firefighter held the suspect at bay with his gun that was kept in his truck and nobody has yet been overly concerned that people coming to Disney feel they need added protection.

Even shortly after 9/11 when I was last at WDW I was armed, and thats after the gate checks.

And I will be again.

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
Originally posted by Mr D
Whats surprises me is the fact that the hero who was a vacationing firefighter held the suspect at bay with his gun that was kept in his truck and nobody has yet been overly concerned that people coming to Disney feel they need added protection.

Even shortly after 9/11 when I was last at WDW I was armed, and thats after the gate checks.

And I will be again.

don't let security know that... you're supposed to check your iron with security. Kinda funny, I was up there, and there's 2 FBI agents, and 1 NYPD guy, and they're up there signing paperwork to have their weapons held

edie w

Guns in WDW

You can't be serious about taking a gun into WDW. Surely?

I can scarcely believe that anyone could be so irresponsible as to take firearms into a theme park containing thousands of children.

Nothing so far (dubious election processes, 9/11, anthrax, SARS, crime in greater Orlando) has deterrred me and my family from booking and taking holidays to Florida (October 1996, 1999, 2001 and 2003). Even my personal opposition to the war in Iraq was insufficient deterrent.

I'm now seriously concerned.

WDW cast members: how likely is it that there will be guests walking arround with live firearms?

Edie (UK)

Maria

Originally posted by mktiggerman
fyi.. if anyone wonders why I posted this..

this crime occured at Crossroads... across the street from WDW, located in LBV, ie- DISNEY PROPERTY.

Jeez.... when I read "UNO", I thought of the one across my apt. building! Yeah, the one at the Crossroads! It´s hard to believe! With so many people in that place! *shakes head*

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
Re: Guns in WDW

Originally posted by edie w
WDW cast members: how likely is it that there will be guests walking arround with live firearms?

other than the undercover police officers in the park? I wouldn't doubt that they're there. Disney security for the most part barely looks in bags... whereas most people carry the gun on their bodies

Hurricane

I rememeber reading (on here a few months ago) about police officers with credentials being allowed to carry on property, not sure if that counts tho

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
Originally posted by Hurricane
I rememeber reading (on here a few months ago) about police officers with credentials being allowed to carry on property, not sure if that counts tho

only if they're on-duty, or on WDW payroll

CmdrTostada

I think it said that the gun was in the car, so technically he wouldnt be taking it into the parks themselves. And j/w but does Disney have a no gun policy for their property? Like if you keep it in your car, do you still have to notify security?

Mr D

Being armed is not neccesarily having to use a firearm, there are other safer tools to use for ones self protection.

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
Originally posted by Mr D
Being armed is not neccesarily having to use a firearm, there are other safer tools to use for ones self protection.

yes... namely common sense and knowledge.

Hank Scorpio

I for one am so shocked that certain people are stupid enough to even consider walking into any place where there are so many children with a gun, let alone actually doing it.

Disney really should be doing something about this.

Erika

Originally posted by Hank Scorpio
I for one am so shocked that certain people are stupid enough to even consider walking into any place where there are so many children with a gun, let alone actually doing it.

Disney really should be doing something about this.

Since you technically are required to check your gun at the entrance, I would guess that being caught with one would net you a fair amount of trouble. I am sure there is a lot that is missed in the security checks, however, if they were more thourough there would be complaints over the length of the lines. They are trying to please as many people as possible, and hoping that people are responsible enough to follow the rules.

GoofMaul

Originally posted by Erika
Since you technically are required to check your gun at the entrance, I would guess that being caught with one would net you a fair amount of trouble. I am sure there is a lot that is missed in the security checks, however, if they were more thourough there would be complaints over the length of the lines. They are trying to please as many people as possible, and hoping that people are responsible enough to follow the rules.

Metal detectors might be a decent investment to show people that they are trying to curb this problem. Although it would make the waits to get in a little longer I think most people would feel better about the added security. Nut cases are bringing the guns into schools and it is only time before something happens in Disney if it isn't stopped first.

mkymaus

Account Suspended
Goof Maul, I agree...metal detecters should be installed...why not at Disney, they have them at Great America Theme Parks. You'd be suprised what people try to smuggle in!!

I think firearms at Disney is a terrible! Why on earth would you need that at Disney? Chances are if you think you might need it to ward off someone, chances are if you have a firearm, so do they!

And who in the long run gets hurt??? Inocent bystanders!! Children who are a dime a dozen at DW!

People please, let there be at least one place sacred!

Last year when I was searched goin in to Epcot, they picked through every item I had in my pack, pockets etc...how can you and why would you smuggle in a firearm? :confused: :confused: :confused:

What if it misfires while on a ride??? What if .. what if....what if!!!!!

durhay

Originally posted by mktiggerman
yes... namely common sense and knowledge.

Whatever went on before the murder, she did meet him in a public place. Smart thinking, but apparently not enough. And I don't understand the importance of the act occuring at WDW.
Murder happens all over. It's kind of like how kids get kidnapped all over the country, but only the pretty rich white kids get national attention.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom