Restaurant Suggestions

wvdisneyfamily

It's getting close to ADR time for us! :sohappy: I need some help finalizing our choices. Here's our list of definites. We need one more to complete our trip. What are your suggestions for a great TS dinner? I would prefer a restaurant that was not signature.

Artist Point
1900 Park Fare
Boma
Captain's Grill
Cape May
Sci Fi
Le Cellier
Boatwright's
T-Rex
Maya Grill
Coral Reef
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Liberty Tree Tavern

Club Cooloholic

That's a pretty impressive list!
I would go for Yak and Yeti, even if it's just for lunch. It has pretty cool decor. I also really enjoyed Tokyo Dining, if you get the tempura/sushi combo you get a lot of bang for your buck...er TS.

Upvote 0

Jessie&Buzz

We really like Chef Mickey's. It's loud but the food is good.

I think you have a great list going. There are so many places I think I'd like to try but we are trying to only book a few TS meals to save money.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
50'S Prime Time would be a great addition. Good food and an even better atmosphere. You also can't go wrong with Boma at AKL either.

Upvote 0

wvdisneyfamily

Original Poster
50'S Prime Time would be a great addition. Good food and an even better atmosphere. You also can't go wrong with Boma at AKL either.

We are eating at Boma. I forgot to put it on the list because it is for breakfast. My husband doesn't think he'd do well with the 50's Prime Time. He's not a big fan of the antics there.

dunno if you are doing DDP?? if you are, then T-Rex is not on DDP. also T-rex adrs are made through the restaurant rather than WDW, I think.

Thanks for the info about ADRs for T-rex. How many days in advance do they book? Do you know the number? We are paying for this one out of pocket. My husband was a geology major in college. He wanted to be a palentologist, but life changed our plans. The T-rex is a must for us. :) Do you happen to know which room is the best in terms of dinosaur atmosphere? I know that seems like a stupid question, but some of the rooms (like the ice room) are themed more to other parts of the dinosaur period (or so I've heard). I've heard several people talk about one room having the most active dinosaurs. Does anyone know which one that would be?

Upvote 0

WishIWasAtWDW

teppan edo in world showcase is a GREAT restaurant! they cook the food right in front of you and it is delicious! its a little pricey but the food is so good that it is worth the cost.

Upvote 0

rickmusic53

Tony's Town Square at MK is good (non-signature) if you like Italian food. Tusker House in Animal Kingdom is also good. All the resturants in Epcot World Showcase are good.

Upvote 0

disneytopdog

I really liked Mama Melrose's at DHS and Ohanahs at the Poly.

You said your husband is not big on "antics" then I would stay away from Whispering Canyon Cafe.

Upvote 0

jjgoo

We had a very pleasant surprise on out last trip and that was Spoodles.

I have to admit that for some reason I was put off by the funny name (something that rarely if ever factors into my decision) and never looked into the restaurant. We were between DHS and Epcot with no ADRs and very hungry. So we walked in right when they were opening and their menu looked great and I was able to call and book an ADR for 5:15.

Our meals were excellent, it was a beautiful restaurant and the service could not have been better. I say give them a try. In general I think that some of the hotel restaurants are hidden treasures at WDW. It's not too difficult to get ADRs at a lot of them and the quality and variety is excellent.

Upvote 0

wvdisneyfamily

Original Poster
I can't recommend the Maya Grill enough. Wonderful steaks and great service.

We love the Maya Grill! :slurp:

I really liked Mama Melrose's at DHS and Ohanahs at the Poly.

You said your husband is not big on "antics" then I would stay away from Whispering Canyon Cafe.

We ate at WCC last year and he loved it. The thought of someone telling him to keep his elbows off the table or the other assorted behaviors that occur there bug him.

I'm a fan of Rose and Crown!! :slurp: Are you doing DDP Deluxe or are you going for 14 nights?

14 nights! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom