Restaurant Suggestions

wvdisneyfamily

It's getting close to ADR time for us! :sohappy: I need some help finalizing our choices. Here's our list of definites. We need one more to complete our trip. What are your suggestions for a great TS dinner? I would prefer a restaurant that was not signature.

Artist Point
1900 Park Fare
Boma
Captain's Grill
Cape May
Sci Fi
Le Cellier
Boatwright's
T-Rex
Maya Grill
Coral Reef
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Liberty Tree Tavern

wvdisneyfamily

Original Poster
The Finall Choices

Okay, so I've narrowed down my choices based on some of the great advice from you guys. Here's the list.

Spoodles
O'Hana
Kona Cafe
Crystal Palace
Akershus
Tony's
Grand Floridian Cafe

I'd like some input about these choices. Why do you like or dislike them? Which one would you select and why? What are your favorite dishes from Spoodles and Kona Cafe? I'm not a picky eater. I prefer meals with lots of vegetables. I like meat, but I don't want my meal to focus primarily on it. My husband is a very picky eater. He loves meats and veggies like green beans, mushrooms, cabbage, peas, potatoes, and corn. He hates salads and just about any other veggie (not on the above list) you can imagine. With this in mind, what do you think the best choice for us would be?

Upvote 0

WildcatDen

We did Norway for a breakfast a few years back, mainly for the girls to see the "Princess Parade" Food was okay.

I know you asked to not include signature meals, but we did The Brown Derby and it was our best meal of the week (versus Le Cellier, Crystal Palace, Tusker House, and the place at CBR) It was a double hit to the old DDP credit but it was worth it IMO. We did it as part of the Fantasmic Package as well.

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

Okay, so I've narrowed down my choices based on some of the great advice from you guys. Here's the list.

Spoodles
O'Hana
Kona Cafe
Crystal Palace
Akershus
Tony's
Grand Floridian Cafe

I'd like some input about these choices. Why do you like or dislike them? Which one would you select and why? What are your favorite dishes from Spoodles and Kona Cafe? I'm not a picky eater. I prefer meals with lots of vegetables. I like meat, but I don't want my meal to focus primarily on it. My husband is a very picky eater. He loves meats and veggies like green beans, mushrooms, cabbage, peas, potatoes, and corn. He hates salads and just about any other veggie (not on the above list) you can imagine. With this in mind, what do you think the best choice for us would be?

From your list I would say Ohana's or Spoodles.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest

Spoodles
O'Hana
Kona Cafe
Crystal Palace
Akershus
Tony's
Grand Floridian Cafe

Spoodles - i've never been b/c the menu does not excite me.
O'Hana - I will be trying for the first time this trip - excellent reviews!
Kona Cafe - never been
Crystal Palace - Love this place!!! Great foodies and excellent environment - the true feeling of the Magic Kingdom!
Akershus - although excellent character experience, I would hit bfast, not dinner. The menu for dinner is not for everyone - unique!
Tony's - Ehhhh - standard spaghetti and meatballs - nothing to write home about. It was fine.
Grand Floridian Cafe - standard all American foodies! Good stuff.

Upvote 0

nepalostparks

Based on your original list of definites, your new list of narrowed down possibilities, and your husband's eating preferences, I'd say go with Crystal Palace.

We really enjoyed our meal there in September. The buffet style allows you a number of choices, including all the basics. We also love Tigger and other other Pooh characters, so it allowed us to have guaranteed picture time and eat a meal at the same time.

Whatever you choose, you'll surely have a great time!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom