Resort TV

Figment1986

I also wish disney could have more channels.. maybe even a channel with a loop of random stuff from the library... there is a lot of 90s MMC in the vault, not to mention alice's adventurers in wonderland.

they even could show episodes of TV shows that happen to visit WDW which they own, like the TGIF lineup that one year.

paul436

I think it would be great if they showed the "Behind the Scenes" shows that I've seen on an On-Demand channel. Those would be great because they are about 7-10 minutes long. A perfect time span for a show to tune into while getting ready to head to the parks.

RAVENS FAN

My wife always brings her laptop with us. She'll always record some of the resort TV just to have something to watch to get us excited for the next trip. She's even recorded Channel 19 with just the music playing and information written on the screen. We both decided not to waste the time recording the Must Do Channel. It really sucks.

Ok, i thought i was bad video taping all of the rides, i even went so far as to tape the movie in china this time........ but recording the resort channels??!! wow!

captainkidd

Original Poster
Ok, i thought i was bad video taping all of the rides, i even went so far as to tape the movie in china this time........ but recording the resort channels??!! wow!

Oh yeah. Well, think about it. We all always flip over a new planning DVD, which have sucked the last few years. Resort TV USED to be great. The WDW Tour was awesome.

CDavid

It recording the resort channels??!! wow!

I have long carried along a VCR or DVD recorder primarily to record the resort TV. The "Top 7" shows with Stacy have been wonderful (she does an amazing job on the '7th Street Theater' TV series too). I haven't seen the "Must Do' variation yet, being long overdue for a trip, but before Top 7 came along (initially with another host) WDW resort TV had long been suffering from poor quality productions.

My earliest resort channel recording dates from 1981. I had to point the video camera at the screen to record it; Next year we brought the Betamax.

heartodisney

There are some good ideas posted, so next we visit, the portable dvd player in the car (we will drive) will go into our room to at least have movies for my daughter!

It is pretty horrific. We stayed at POR last year and I was reduced to watching Nancy Grace rip John Gosselin a new one, which whilst it was hilarious, did get a bit tiresome. Although I did catch an episode of Castle, which I thought was pretty good.

MissM

Oh yes...the dvd player. If you want to watch a movie in your bedroom, bring your own. The 1 bedroom BLT villa had a dvd player in the living room...but not the bedroom. So no falling asleep to a movie in bed. :(

DisneyMusician2

There are some good ideas posted, so next we visit, the portable dvd player in the car (we will drive) will go into our room to at least have movies for my daughter!

Now, I've never even really looked in all my trips down there....are all the tv's able to take input from portable dvd players? This will be the first time I'm traveling with one, and I'll be sure to bring down the proper cables if I'm sure the TV will take it.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Now, I've never even really looked in all my trips down there....are all the tv's able to take input from portable dvd players? This will be the first time I'm traveling with one, and I'll be sure to bring down the proper cables if I'm sure the TV will take it.
From what I remember most of the older TV's on property have the standard hook ups on the front of the TV's. I am not sure about the flat panels being used in some of the deluxe resort rufurbs but I would imagine they would have them as well.

heartodisney

I think that Master Yoda has it on the head! I have hooked up my camcorder to a tv once at PO just to see video from the day instead of the "little Screen"..so depending on what tv they have in the room...good luck!

DisneyMusician2

From what I remember most of the older TV's on property have the standard hook ups on the front of the TV's. I am not sure about the flat panels being used in some of the deluxe resort rufurbs but I would imagine they would have them as well.

I wish I was elite enough to need t worry about the flat panels at the deluxe resorts....

But thanks for the info!

Foolish Mortal

Just a guess here as for the lack of decent channels. In the real world cable and satellite providers must pay every channel that is carried for each subscriber that they have. Most of the slop that you see is over the air, then of course is all the Disney owned stuff. So off the top of my head the only channel they are probably paying for is CNN. I'm surprised we aren't bombarded with ads how CNN is the official news sponsor for WDW TV, thus Disney would probably get it for free. But again, this is just a guess.

MissM

Our BLT room had an A/V switcher box to hook up external accessories like dvd players, video game systems, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom