Resort TV

ScorpionX

I thought the host was a bit annoying but that must be a standard requirement.
picture.php
He must have been as annoying as this guy:
The-Annoying-Orange.jpg

:lol:

ScorpionX

New Televisions

Here is my proposal for the new resorts televisions.

Television Design:
hdtv.png

Channels:
  1. Classic Cartoons
  2. Disney Channel
  3. Top 10 Must-Sees
  4. ESPN
  5. ABC
  6. Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Da Walt Disney World Tour
  7. Walt Disney World : Behind the Scenes
  8. Other Disney Destinations
  9. Playhouse Disney
  10. Music of Disney
  11. History Channel
Speaker Shape:
Mickey%20Head%20sample%20scan.JPG

sc123tx

put your movies on your ipod. have a/v cables which are like 2 bucks and hook them up to the tvs so you can watch your movies. i did this at disney in feb and works great. i was able to watch zombieland and terminator salvation on a TUBE tv. the flat screens have the inputs up front. works like a charm

diddy_mouse

This is the best channel ever....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hzw76OzBSIs

Switch this on, turn the volume down nice and low....

Perfect for that afternoon nap after a long morning in the park and just right to lull you off to sleep late at night.

Flipping to that channel is the first thing I do when we get to the room.

Agreed! I downloaded a version of this along with the Resort Channel and burned it to DVD. That way I can listen/watch it when I'm at home. :D One other thing I liked about the resort TV were the trailers/promos for the attractions. I had scoured the internet for a particular set of them and found them thanks to mousebits!

dixiegirl

Ah..Nothing like driving home from work and having Resort Tv blaring in your Car= happy, even happier if I'm there!

I MISS IT SO!!!!!!!!!

CoastalX

I remember when I was younger, probabaly early to mid 90's when we would get to our hotel room before heading out to a park, me and my younger sis would always turn on the Resort TV channel that showed all of the parks and attractions. It made us more excited to get out and ride everything.

LoriMistress

I miss the Resort TV where they would play old school Disney cartoons. DH and I loved to do this at the end of every night before we go to sleep.

dixiegirl

A sure sign you've got the "Disney Fever".

:lol:

LOL!! One of my favs while driving is listening to the "tip of the day" The part where "do you know you no longer have to wait in line to ride your favorite ride? " and Then you hear "WOOHOO".. Yeah gonna have to say I do say "woohoo" and laugh to myself!!!! And think..."yes I am a very sick Girl"!!!!

PurpleDragon

LOL!! One of my favs while driving is listening to the "tip of the day" The part where "do you know you no longer have to wait in line to ride your favorite ride? " and Then you hear "WOOHOO".. Yeah gonna have to say I do say "woohoo" and laugh to myself!!!!

Don't worry, you're not alone. :lookaroun

trylon57

Great job SleepingMonk! Thanks for posting the link for channel 19. I love having that on in the background when we are at the resorts!

drossjr

I use to really despise that Stacy girl on the Disney tv at the resort but lke a rash she has grown on me, now when I see that I know I am at the world so its all good! :shrug:

montyz81

Funny, it think we had that channel 96 link at the Sheraton Vistana Resort last year. I assumed the Vistana was on the same network as the Swan and Dolphin which do have connections to the Disney network. Can anyone confirm that I was watching the same thing or was this something specific from Sheraton resorts.

I have to agree Resort TV is useless and one of the things that really irks my DH. We do actually spend time in our room because our kids still nap so we can be stuck there 2 to 3 hours in the dead of the afternoon. We miss food network, DIY, and so on. It really does kind of suck that they don't offer more for the cable considering the price you pay for the resort.

Thankfully we have figured out the Ipod trick and that helps us get by. Although on a 7 day stay you can only watch the same movies over and over again. It is also nice for the kids because we put some of their favorite cartoons on it as well and it helps keep them occupied in the morning. I mean seriously - can we not at least get PBS with Sesame Street on it? They are after all Jim Hensen's Muppets!

I don't understand why they upgraded to the nice flat screens when there is nothing decent to watch on them.

~Amanda

goleafstuba

These channels are the only thing I watch when I'm at the Resorts. I really don't want to know what's going on in the "Real World".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom