Resort TV

captainkidd

Original Poster
Obviously, none of us goes to WDW to watch TV, but last week we were back in the room one day and there was nothing on at all. They used to have the classic cartoons loo on channel 96, but that's gone now. The new "Must Do" show with Stacy is awful. And they had about 10 stations showing the "D" spinning around and said "Future Programming" on the bottom.

Some ideas on how to make it better - Bring back the cartoon loop, have a real WDW Tour loop, have shows about other WDW vacations besides Disney Cruise Line, and bring back bedtime stories.

FFMEDIC57

Chennael 96 is stil running, however, they have it blocked on most resort rooms. Every now and again, you could get lucky and it is not blocked. Engineering has a master remote control for the TV's, that can access all of the tv features, such as adding and deleating channels. The room remotes don't allow access to these features on the TV's. Last time I was staying at AKL I called and requested it, they denied that it even existed. The classic cartoons that are looped in the lobby is channel 96. I back having access to it in the rooms, because I have a little child..

Mr Toad

Whenever we stay at a value resort we have the cartoon loop...when we stay at moderate or deluxe we don't...I don't know why that is :shrug:.

diddy_mouse

While I liked the "Top 7 Must-Sees" for me it won't compare to the WDW Tour/Tip for Today loop. That show gave you a high-gloss sample of what each park had to offer (which I LOVED) and I know it made me really excited to get out of the resort and out in the parks.

Also...does anyone else remember seeing the WDW Tour while at the bus stops? The clips would play with just the background music, no narration. That was the best! Listening to that music while waiting for the bus at the MK was so great.

Mr Toad

Interesting that you mentioned that...

Staying in AS Sports about a year ago, that Channel 96 loop was blocked from our room. I guess it's a luck of the draw. :shrug:
Probably is...stayed at AS Movies last Aug and had it...then went to POR 4 days later and didn't have it...twas strange.

dixiegirl

Ahh Tip of the day....I miss that, Every now and then I play the hole loop in my car..Nothing is better than listening to that on your way to work!
Zip a dee do da.........Tip of the day!!!

Oh maybe I'll put that in right now....

MissM

Ugh the resort TV is so USELESS! When Love and I stayed at BLT for our anniversary in September, there were NO CHANNELS to watch before bed. It's 1am - give me a little TLC or Discovery or heck, anything except filler channels with nothing on them! Terrible. Simply the worst "cable tv" I've ever had in a hotel. Your $29.95 cheap-o room along any interstate gives better cable.

Mr Toad

Ugh the resort TV is so USELESS! When Love and I stayed at BLT for our anniversary in September, there were NO CHANNELS to watch before bed. It's 1am - give me a little TLC or Discovery or heck, anything except filler channels with nothing on them! Terrible. Simply the worst "cable tv" I've ever had in a hotel. Your $29.95 cheap-o room along any interstate gives better cable.
I agree that some aspects of the resort tv are useless...but if you have kids....the cartoon loop is kinda neat for them :).

Timon

Also...does anyone else remember seeing the WDW Tour while at the bus stops? The clips would play with just the background music, no narration. That was the best! Listening to that music while waiting for the bus at the MK was so great.

Yup, the monitors disappeared during a remodel of the MK bus terminal three or more years ago. You'd see all the clips and then a title would pop up like this.
picture.php

Ahh Tip of the day....I miss that, Every now and then I play the hole loop in my car..Nothing is better than listening to that on your way to work!
Zip a dee do da.........Tip of the day!!!

I thought the host was a bit annoying but that must be a standard requirement.
picture.php

And they had about 10 stations showing the "D" spinning around and said "Future Programming" on the bottom.

Love the logo:brick:
picture.php

captainkidd

Original Poster

Sadly, you are right. You get about 15 stations in all, and 6 of them are in spanish, chinese or japanese.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I hate resort TV with a passion. I would give my right arm for the inclusion of a Discovery channel, TLC or the like.

heartodisney

picture.php

Maybe if I were to move this away from the satellite...ok, just kidding..when the other times we were there, no cartoon feed, just in the lobby. At least we had ESPN and seems like a news station, I cannot remember which network.

RAVENS FAN

i had to laugh when i saw this thread, i was just thinking the same thing on our trip last week.
the must-do channel is dumb, and my better half kept saying change that channel!

captainkidd

Original Poster
i had to laugh when i saw this thread, i was just thinking the same thing on our trip last week.
the must-do channel is dumb, and my better half kept saying change that channel!

My wife always brings her laptop with us. She'll always record some of the resort TV just to have something to watch to get us excited for the next trip. She's even recorded Channel 19 with just the music playing and information written on the screen. We both decided not to waste the time recording the Must Do Channel. It really sucks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom