Resort TV

agdbeanie

Original Poster
This may sound weird, but I love watching the Disney exclusive tv (you know the Zip-a-Dee Doo Dah, tip for today....and the DVC info-mercial...etc.). I ordered a video from the DVC website that is supposed to be "more information" or whatever. I popped it in the VCR and it's the same video from the hotels!!!! I watched it all the way through. Now when I start to feel withdrawl I can watch that video and pretend I'm sitting in my WDW hotel room...okay maybe I'm a little obsessed.

Dizknee_Phreek

you're not weird, agdbeanie! i LOVE the resort tv! makes me feel like i'm really there, you know? WDW just wouldn't feel the same without it! there's really no need for me to watch it...i know the whole resort like the back of my hand! but i still love watching it...brings back a flood of memories from past trips!
i would LOVE to have a copy of that video! i'll have to check into it!is it free, or did you have to pay for it?

agdbeanie

Original Poster
Originally posted by Dizknee_Phreek
there's really no need for me to watch it...i know the whole resort like the back of my hand! but i still love watching it...brings back a flood of memories from past trips!
i would LOVE to have a copy of that video! i'll have to check into it!is it free, or did you have to pay for it?

Same here!! I also pick up the guide maps, but I don't use them. I just put them in my bag to keep for my kids to have one day. My mom gave me her old ticket books, guide maps, bags from the stores, etc. from when she went with my dad on their honeymoon in 1975. They're cool to look at.

The video is free. I requested it off of the DVC website and it came a few days later.

agdbeanie

Original Poster
I wish I could get the Zip a Dee Doo Dah tip for today video and the one advertising the Disney Cruise lines.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Originally posted by agdbeanie
I wish I could get the Zip a Dee Doo Dah tip for today video and the one advertising the Disney Cruise lines.

The wdwmagic ftp might have that one....not sure though....

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by agdbeanie

Same here!! I also pick up the guide maps, but I don't use them. I just put them in my bag to keep for my kids to have one day. My mom gave me her old ticket books, guide maps, bags from the stores, etc. from when she went with my dad on their honeymoon in 1975. They're cool to look at.

The video is free. I requested it off of the DVC website and it came a few days later.

me too! i love looking through the souvenir books, past park maps and Birnbaums! it gets me so excited to go back! geez, not to mention home videos and photo albums! i've looked at them all hundreds of times, but i just can't get tired of them!

great! thanks for the info, agdbeanie! i'll go to the website and make sure i don't already have it! :D

agdbeanie

Original Poster
Originally posted by cymbaldiva
OhmyGod!!!

I LOVE resort TV!!! :sohappy:

Do you have to be a DVC member to receive the free video? I must have it! :D

Nope, just go to the website and request the video. It's actually made for non-DVC members as an advertising tool.

The only difference between this video and the one you see in the rooms is that it tells you phone numbers to call instead of telling you to go to the DVC kiosks around WDW for more info.

figmentmom

I love the resort TV video, too! (In fact, the last day of every trip, I have to keep the TV off or I cry through it...)

agdbeanie

Original Poster
Originally posted by figmentmom
I love the resort TV video, too! (In fact, the last day of every trip, I have to keep the TV off or I cry through it...)

aww...yeah leaving is the worst part

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom