Resort TV - GONE!!

cherrynegra

I was in DW in December and let me tell you. I found that Top 7 things to do show to be utterly unwatchable....except on mute. The hostess of that show was definitely on some type of illegal substance or had ridden It's A Small World one too many time. I know one of the top things to do on my list when visiting DW is not to watch that show!!

Heyyall

Originally posted by cherrynegra
I was in DW in December and let me tell you. I found that Top 7 things to do show to be utterly unwatchable....except on mute. The hostess of that show was definitely on some type of illegal substance or had ridden It's A Small World one too many time. I know one of the top things to do on my list when visiting DW is not to watch that show!!

I kinda liked it...:lookaroun

dxwwf3

Well I think most guys are definately going to enjoy the show muted :lol:

I would much rather have a more complete WDW Resort TV show (exactly like Zip A Dee Do Dah and the shows that preceded it) than what we have now. I know she is very easy on the eyes but the show really does not do WDW justice, IMO. Sometimes Disney gets obsessed with putting out the corniest product possible. And they definately wanted the host to act as corny as possible.

And for the record BwanaBob yes she is very cute :lol: :lol: :lol:

bluesnut

A dark day

I am really upset by this. When we used to camp at FW we would get cable just for the Resort TV and we too taped it. We haven't stayed on property for a while since we got a place down there. But I always liked to listen to it like when we would go have a sandwich in the little café on the main level of the Polynesian. :cry:

maxime29

Premium Member
Who knows...They may have a new one in the works (which I doubt, but it's better to think positive). I will miss the Resort TV though. :(

BwanaBob

Originally posted by maxime29
Who knows...They may have a new one in the works (which I doubt, but it's better to think positive). I will miss the Resort TV though. :(

Yea...

This time Minnie Mouse goes down Summit Plummit in a two-piece...

...and we get to watch as she pulls the suit out of HER butt crack!

CTXRover

I like the new show a lot after watching it many times waiting for the family to get ready in the morning :lol:. The first time I saw it I actually thought that they finally got someone with that overzealous Disney spirit that many say CM's don't have anymore. She shows a true love for Disney that the other hosts in prior shows didn't have and I'm absolutely stunned to see so many on here who hate it. Its new and will require getting used to, but in a few years when its changed I bet there will be those who want this top 7 thing back. I could be wrong though.

Then again, I might be thrilled with the change since I couldn't stand that Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah guy that was on before. He was much more annoying than Kryssa in my opinion and was much more "fake" in his effort to show Disney happiness. And for those who haven't seen it, it isn't just a top 7 countdown. It is very much like the old show in material covered with a countdown overlay. With each item on the countdown, they run through all the big things in the respective parks and also cover all the old "tip for today" items in a new fashion.

goofyfan13

I finally got to see it on my trip over New Years to WDW and let me tell you, I wanted to punch her in the face, I couldn't stand her. I too had to switch to the spanish channel just so I could hear the zip-a-dee-doo-dah tip for today jingle. The top 7 doesnt show enough of WDW especially for people who haven't been there yet. And top seven is all a matter of opinion, not everyone can do mission space, and playhouse disney is definately not number 4 on my list. I like how she was perky but that was for the first 5 seconds, then I started getting annoyed. I enjoyed appliance direct more that listening to Chrissa say, "I see London, I see France, ... You know the rest! HAHAHA" or Nah-ta-zu 5 times with differant tones. I vote on bringing Zip-a-dee-doo-dah back, they could even do a new channel or something, anything, so I can watch resort TV again. I have a question for everyone who has seen this, what are some of you favorite Chrissa quotes? Or even your favorite Chrissa "moments". :lol: :lol:

surfsupdon

My sister and I screamed with delight and excitement when we saw the Tip for Today jingle still on the Spanish channel. Too bad I had 9 years of French...

And what about Chrissa loving Playhouse Disney?? Whats THAT about?! Good for her I guess...

lamarvenoy

OK, I'll miss the old Tip for Today. It was tacky but it had a catchy feel and I watched it about a million times. I have to admit though I like that new girl,at first she kind of bothered me but now I like her...my wife thinks I like her a little too much.

Calamar

An outrage!

"I see London ... I see France ... you know the rest!"

What an outrage! I wish I had known about this before visiting WDW last weekend, heh -- perhaps that would have softened the blow inflicted by the loss of our beloved Resort TV channel. Do any 'insiders' know if it will ever make a return? I had hoped that Disney was simply in the process of updating it, since the new version seems so hastily assembled and 'unpolished'. My people absolutely loathed the 'tour guide' -- well, I eventually found her hilarious (did you notice the crazy look in her eyes? She's out of her mind!).

I had to interrogate a Yacht Club guest relations cast member regarding this matter, but it seemed as though she knew less about the channel than we did (I guess she has no reason to watch it often, heh). Still, we captured the interrogation on video, if anyone's interested in watching, heh. Moreover, a friend of ours who is a cast member knew nothing about the change, either.

Eventually, we just watched the Spanish version of 'Resort TV', which has been preserved.

One positive side effect of this tragedy is that I'll now be able to download the Resort-TV video capture from #disney-central or alt.binaries.multimedia.disney; I was reluctant to do so previously, since I was worried that it would spoil the Disney experience for me.

Figment1986

:brick: :brick: :hammer: :hammer: I feel like doing that now, I watched the entire thing, it was evil. worse than: :drevil: :and even BARNY. I watched it just to see the TOT4 comercial. I want to have that, it is a good comercial. fits the ridem well.

Oh, Is it wrong to hack and change a channel to something different, I would remove this one, and make the spanish one be on it instead.

dxwwf3

I wonder if the Spanish Channel (The Old Tip For Tody is still on there) gets higher ratings than the new 7 Tips show? :lol:
(Heck I know that's what I watched instead)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom