Resort Parking Charges

"El Gran Magnifico"

Mr Flibble is Very Cross.
Well actually that totally depends.
China Airlines out of San Francisco to Taipei made every single "cattle" passenger, yes hundreds of us, place our carry on junk in a box to measure volume and it was weighed at the gate

But they didn't know that until you got to the airport...correct? It's a pass vs fail methodology based on policy. If everybody is way under limit both weight wise and dimension wise its much different than everyone being just at the limit. They're not looking at what the overheads can hold capacity wise for the entire plane....they are just making sure it fits.

Chef Mickey

That's what they are conditioned to think... until they start realizing it's more a tale than fufilling. Discovery Cove is top to bottom what vacationing is supposed to be like. Catered to, pampered, easy, happy, and being blown away doing what you do.

It's what happens when people learn from you, copy you, and continue to improve... while you coast on nostalgia...
Nostalgia has value and sorry, but Discovery Cove is not Disney.

Disney isn’t ruined bc of fees, prices, or even the more egregious errors.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Nostalgia has value and sorry, but Discovery Cove is not Disney.

Correct. There are no crowds. They feed you unlimited food and drink and snacks... they give you everything you need... they are incredibly nice and the attractions blow you away. It’s far better than Disney.

The challenge is it’s not what you want to do multiple times a year - but when we are talking about service and how you treat your customers.... it’s far more “Disney” than Disney is anymore...

Chef Mickey

OK, then in that case I can tell the beneficiary's of Capitalism to pound sand. They are going after something that isn't needed to sustain life and something that offers many options. So I guess it is OK for others to just fall in line and be herded into abusive behavior. I shall continue to stay offsite and not pay parking fees and wander around to all the other Central Florida things that there are to do and Disney can gouge whomever else that they can gouge.

I have spent upwards of two weeks vacationing in Central Florida and on more then one occasion spent no more then three days at WDW. The rest of the time I was enjoying all the other things that Florida has to offer.
Abusive? Now you’ve just totally lost perspective.

I’m glad you enjoy central Florida, but be sure to avoid Universal because they charge similar prices and the other places have nothing as appealing.

Chef Mickey

Correct. There are no crowds. They feed you unlimited food and drink and snacks... they give you everything you need... they are incredibly nice and the attractions blow you away. It’s far better than Disney.

The challenge is it’s not what you want to do multiple times a year - but when we are talking about service and how you treat your customers.... it’s far more “Disney” than Disney is anymore...
Discovery Cove is better than Disney? Lol, put that on a T-Shirt...

Our discussion seems to have run its course.

Goofyernmost

Discovery Cove is better than Disney? Lol, put that on a T-Shirt...

Our discussion seems to have run its course.
This has never been a discussion, it has been you defending robbing people because of a thing you call nostalgia when it is really a manipulation of the loyal people like yourself and draining you dry because you have swallowed the pill that makes you think that there is nothing better or you have no options. So, like I've tried to say a couple of times. Give them every cent you have, I will guarantee you that they will not be at all concerned about you.

There are many thing at Universal that are better then Disney and that situation has existed since the day they opened. You just refuse to see it, so you have to pay whatever they ask you. I buy tickets to the parks, period! Once in awhile an ADR. I don't pay enormous amounts to stay in a plastic resort or feel it necessary to spend every cent I have in one place. You are perfectly free to do whatever you want, just don't tell the rest of us that Disney constantly rising prices are a gift that we got in the past when they didn't charge us that much. They may have a right to do it, but, is it the right thing to do? Or the way to treat loyal customers like yourself?

Last edited:

Chef Mickey

This has never been a discussion, it has been you defending robbing people because of a thing you call nostalgia when it is really a manipulation of the loyal people like yourself and draining you dry because you have swallowed the pill that makes you think that there is nothing better or you have no options. So, like I've tried to say a couple of times. Give them every cent you have, I will guarantee you that they will not be at all concerned about you.

There are many thing at Universal that are better then Disney and that situation has existed since the day they opened. You just refuse to see it, so you have to pay whatever they ask you. I buy tickets to the parks, period! Once in awhile an ADR. I don't pay enormous amounts to stay in a plastic resort or feel it necessary to spend every cent I have in one place. You are perfectly free to do whatever you want, just don't tell the rest of us that Disney constantly rising prices are a gift that we got in the past when they didn't charge us that much. They my have a right to do it, but, is it the right thing to do? Or the way to treat loyal customers like yourself?
Lol...no one thinks they are concerned. Disney runs a business and I understand that better than most. I can afford my expenditures at Disney quite comfortably without being “drained.” You make it sound like I’m getting tricked into spending money at Disney. I choose to do so and I’m satisfied with the product, like the millions that come through year after year.

It’s just as expensive to visit Universal and more expensive to vacation other places.

Sorry Disney has gotten too expensive for you and/or lost its value proposition. It certainly hasn’t for the rest of us...

I know the alternatives and consider Central Florida a non destination without Disney.

You are literally just making up stuff because you’re so upset about a few fees and perceived high prices. Disney is a cheap vacation for me and where I go to save some travel expenses. No one can rob you if you aren’t forced to go...

With your logic, most companies “rob” you daily. Ever look at you Att bill? Haha. Disney makes reasonable margins.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Discovery Cove has value....it's nice.....but it's not Disney.

Nobody is flying....driving....hitchhiking....to Orlando - "Because I just need to get to Discovery Cove"...

It’s far better than Disney.

You don't even believe that.

Chef Mickey

I agree, for Pete's sake. I paid the fee, and I'll pay it again. However, I still feel, and you won't change my mind, that it is a cash grab, a modest cash grab, but a cash grab.

To keep it Disney, it's a magical cash grab, sprinkled with pixie dust :).
I honestly just think they want to discourage the behavior more than “rake in” fees. I don’t really think it’s a huge needle mover for them...

"El Gran Magnifico"

I agree, for Pete's sake. I paid the fee, and I'll pay it again. However, I still feel, and you won't change my mind, that it is a cash grab.

It absolutely is.....but you just have to work around it. For some it's paying it and moving on....for others it's modifying some aspects of your trip to accommodate for it....for a few it's endlessly complaining about it......but....it's here......and we just all need to deal with it.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I honestly just think they want to discourage the behavior more than “rake in” fees. I don’t really think it’s a huge needle mover for them...

On a 400 rate... $25 is nearly a 6% boost in margin... for something that costs them nothing to keep in service. I think that’s a sizable boost... pulled down only by the ratio of drivers vs DME rooms.

Disney deluxe hotels tend to be about 600-800 rooms. Assume 90% in service... 90% booked... for 800 rooms that is 236,520 room nights a year. For $23/night... that’s over 5.4 million of potential 100% margin dollars. Even if only 1/4 of people are impacted... that is still over a million dollar boost to the bottom line at a single resort.

At a value with 1900rooms... the same napkin numbers represent over 1.6 million boost.

Not shabby..

Chef Mickey

On a 400 rate... $25 is nearly a 6% boost in margin... for something that costs them nothing to keep in service. I think that’s a sizable boost... pulled down only by the ratio of drivers vs DME rooms.

Disney deluxe hotels tend to be about 600-800 rooms. Assume 90% in service... 90% booked... for 800 rooms that is 236,520 room nights a year. For $23/night... that’s over 5.4 million of potential 100% margin dollars. Even if only 1/4 of people are impacted... that is still over a million dollar boost to the bottom line at a single resort.

At a value with 1900rooms... the same napkin numbers represent over 1.6 million boost.

Not shabby..
Disney made $55B in revenue last year, so you did a great job proving this isn’t a needle mover, even if we assume $1M per resort and ~25 resorts. $25M is <0.05% of their world.

1/4 of those rooms paying the fee every night is probably generous and there is no such thing as pure margin. It all costs money, even if it’s administration and taxes.

Parks and resorts make like 20% operating margins....totally reasonable and not even Disney’s most profitable business. You seen Visa’s margins? I’d hate for you to start studying what other companies make on the margin front.

Btw, careful on your math. $25 on $400 room rate is a 6% increase in revenue, not margin. The $25 is in the revenue category.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom