Resort Parking Charges

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I just got done saying there is nothing wrong with staying off property, but people that don't see the value. You're making it sound like they are wrong...they aren't. And neither is Disney for charging the fee.

At the end of the day, everyone has a choice and I'm just telling you the fee is immaterial to the people who stay on property and it's your prerogative to stay off property if you view the fee as onerous. Just don't be so smug like you know something no one else does.

See how magnanimous I can be?

I agree with you...except you can’t make this statement.

It matters to some...probably not most. But there’s a long term game here - one that the management no longer cares about but could hurt disney.

More fees and more nickel and dime does erode the value longterm and could one day cause problems growing or retaining customer base.

How much is TBD.

Good management would balance that some instead of presenting their Park product as something it never will be. These are not good managers and some moves are easy indicators of that.

Goofyernmost

I just got done saying there is nothing wrong with staying off property, but people that don't (stay off property) see the value in staying on. You're making it sound like they are wrong...they aren't. And neither is Disney for charging the fee.

At the end of the day, everyone has a choice and I'm just telling you the fee is immaterial to the people who stay on property and it's your prerogative to stay off property if you view the fee as onerous. Just don't be so smug like you know something no one else does.

See how magnanimous I can be?
Dammit will you just read the words and not decide what is between the lines. FOR ME, it is wrong and always will be. Once again, I don't give a rats behind what you do with your money. That is up to you, but, you need to justify what you spend only to you. I don't need to constantly be told what you think I am missing by not spending all of my children's inheritance. I am 70 years old or will be in two weeks, I think I know what I want and what things are worth to me. However, if you have just oodles of money burning a hole in your pocket I can give you an account number to deposit enough to keep you happy forever. Spend it all with the mouse... I will not!

Chef Mickey

Dammit will you just read the words and not decide what is between the lines. FOR ME, it is wrong and always will be. Once again, I don't give a rats behind what you do with your money. That is up to you, but, you need to justify what you spend only to you. I don't need to constantly be told what you think I am missing by not spending all of my children's inheritance. I am 70 years old or will be in two weeks, I think I know what I want and what things are worth to me. However, if you have just oodles of money burning a hole in your pocket I can give you an account number to deposit enough to keep you happy forever. Spend it all with the mouse... I will not!
Or maybe you're just set in your ways and can't see an alternative opinion and it upsets you? You're getting upset...I'm not. You do care, a lot...which is why you're getting emotional and confrontational.

I'm simply correcting your nonsense. You didn't just offer your own opinion and leave it at that. You started calling people gullible as if you have inside information as to what's right.

Goofyernmost

Or maybe you're just set in your ways and can't see an alternative opinion and it upsets you? You're getting upset...I'm not. You do care, a lot...which is why you're getting emotional and confrontational.

I'm simply correcting your nonsense. You didn't just offer your own opinion and leave it at that. You started calling people gullible as if you have inside information as to what's right.
Kettle meet Pot - Pot meet Kettle There is one interchangeable phrase that substitutes for inside information and it is called common sense. A sadly lacking commodity in today's world.

wdwfan4ver

You gotta stop listening to people that hang out on two streets: Wall and Rodeo Drive...

The idea they are “limiting” attendance is the latest in a long line of DUMMMBBB trust of the TWDC on boards such as these
They aren’t adding capacity (finally) in all four parks to then limit attendance.

I got some magic beans to sell you. The goal is - verified by the common sense factor - to increase the prices of the average stay to make more money off each person...and THEN increase the attendance.

Has anyone paid attention for about 10 years??

You have to know when money people are lying to you. It’s not tough.
The problem is the person you replied to is a Disney stockholder and I'm convinced he really cares about profits of the parks.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The problem is the person you replied to is a Disney stockholder and I'm convinced he really cares about profits of the parks.
No, it's that he thinks watching your money means you are cheap... where all the kool kids flaunt their money and brag about how much they spend. He's reading this with Siri on his iphoneX in his BMW right now...

I don’t disagree with either of you...or even condemn it. But begging to be charged more is a textbook “economic napoleon” complex. Like driving an H3 circa 2004.

The thing about WDW Travelers - more than most places - is it brings out the “new money” tendencies In the customers. Many like to bring up that they’re paying...as if everyone else isn’t.

We know, big guy/gal...it doesn’t mean you have “arrived”

I wish I had a nickel for everytime somebody talked too loudly at a bar or acted like clowns in the grand Floridian - for example.

Act like you’ve been there before...if you have real wealth, you’d have learned not to act like a clown that sticks out.

That is a frequent occurrence with Disney customers and those that gravitate to these boards - sadly.

Here’s what my favorite coach says about it (first two lines):

"El Gran Magnifico"

Mr Flibble is Very Cross.
No, it's that he thinks watching your money means you are cheap...

I don't interpret it that way at all. He's been pretty consistent in saying you should spend within your means. He's also been consistent in stating acceptance of the fee....as many of us have. The parking fee is here. If you drive and stay on property...you're going to pay a fee.

Every "on property non-Disney hotel" does it. Many hotels in Orlando near the Convention Center, Uni, and Disney do it. You can take the approach that well Disney shouldn't use that as justification for the fee - because they're Disney. But they do. And your're not going to change that.

Again (I'll restate it) -the fact of the matter is, if you want to book a Disney resort and you are driving - you are going to pay a parking fee. Period. End of discussion. Unless Disney decides to rescind the fee. But that's Disney's choice not yours.

If you don't want to pay the fee - then don't stay on property. If you can't afford the fee - then don't stay on property. If you want to make statement about the fee - don't stay on property.

Man, I can't wait to see what the threads around the resort fee are going to be like....because it's coming.

The thing about WDW Travelers - more than most places - is it brings out the “new money” tendencies In the customers.

To an extent. But there is a lot of "old money" passed down by generation - that has no true appreciation of that "old money" because they didn't make it. I've seen 25 year old kids blowing Mommy and Daddy's (or Grandma and Grandpa's) fortune on bottle service in Vegas, a Bentley, Submariner, etc.

On the other side of the coin - yes - I've seen "new money" spent it like it were going out of style. But I've also seen the frugal side of "new money" because they are the ones that busted their humps to make it. "Old money" became "old money" because when it was "new".... it was guarded against those tendencies.

You get both kinds - in both groups.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom