Resort Mugs Report

LadyDarling

I told you folks I'd get back to you on this one (sorry that it's been a while. I've been busy with a show!).

The mugs we got in Decemeber at the CBR now have printing on them that reads "Refillable only at location purchased. Free refills until the end of your stay."

So I guess that settles that! ~Jay

Gucci65

Ok, I thought there were a "length of stay" mug.

We got mugs from POR in December, but there is no statement on them whatsoever.

Upvote 0

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I believe the "refillable for the length of your stay" has been the rule all along, but now it's being put in a place where everyone can read it. ;)

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Is the print really big? we always get a new one when we go, simply because the kids love using them when we are at home as well. But I hope that all of the print doesn't take away from the decoration.

Honestly though, if people want to cheat the system they will figure a way to do it. Cant wait to get our new mugs this JUNE !

By the way, if you are an ap holder who makes frequent trips, how do they know if you purchased the mugs during the current trip as long as the designs hadn't changed?

Upvote 0

bluesnut

I know from being a "resort hopper" that you run into very few CM's that will say anything about where a mug is from or how long it is good for.

I have seen people come in with 7-11 mugs and mugs from where they work and get them refiled.

But my experience is there are a few women that work the food area at CB that will get a little nosy about it. The other one is CS because their refile mugs you have to go into the restaurant to refile.

Most of the time they are just too busy to care.

But all this can and does change, and I haven't been down in a while.

My family always stayed at FW and we had a bag with like a mug from each resort we would just get out the mug for the resort we were going to eat at.

:lol:

Upvote 0

DDuckFan130

The first time we bought mugs was in CB in 2001 and then at CS in 2002...that time in CS we had problems because of the strange arrangement of the food court...the CM's would ask us if they were refills to which we'd answer yes and they'd make us go back to the entrance and retrieve a card...I think that's how it was I just remember getting annoyed after a while :lol:...then we bought at AS Music in 2002 and since then when we've stayed at AS (Sports and Music) we've taken our AS Music mugs AND our CB mugs and no one has said a word...yet ::knocking on wood:: so that's my 2 centavos :)

Upvote 0

bluesnut

heck when Dixie landings had frozen cokes(that is at least 5 + yrs ago) we used to take our big Blizzard Beach mugs in(the big tall purple ones they used to have):lol: :lookaroun

Upvote 0

Gucci65

Originally posted by pinkrose
Have the POR mugs chanaged any since May '03?

This was the first POR mug we bought. Is this the same:

Purple Goofy playing the trumpet
Fuschia (?) Donald playing the banjo
Yellow Ferryboat
Fushia Mickey w/ fishing pole behind his head
Little purple Mickey casting his fishing pole.

White cup w/ purple lid and handle. Dark green writing - POR.
Just had Boo47 grab it out of the closet:lol:

Upvote 0

JBSLJames

Originally posted by LadyDarling
I told you folks I'd get back to you on this one (sorry that it's been a while. I've been busy with a show!).

The mugs we got in Decemeber at the CBR now have printing on them that reads "Refillable only at location purchased. Free refills until the end of your stay."

So I guess that settles that! ~Jay

:lookaroun Can this writing be lightly scraped off the mug without looking too obvious :lookaroun Just curious:veryconfu

Upvote 0

LadyDarling

Original Poster
Nope! Sorry! It's as well affixed as the rest of the design. It's under the handle portion and doesn't retract from the design at all. :)
~Jay

Upvote 0

Scooter

Originally posted by HauntedPirate
I believe the "refillable for the length of your stay" has been the rule all along, but now it's being put in a place where everyone can read it. ;)

FYI....I was at Walt Disney World when these mugs first made their appearances.

When I bought ours at The Contemporary Resort, we were assured that they would be good for free refills every time you brought them back to the Contemporary.

I asked time and time again and always got the same reponce.

You can use these mugs for every visit..but ONLY at the Resort where they were purchased.

I am a little upset that they changed the ruling to Length of stay after telling my wife and I that you only needed to buy the mugs once and could reuse them forever...but I will begrudgingly follow the rules and purchase new mugs on every visit.

Disney needs to think these things out before they make the rules.

People loaning out these mugs to others and/or selling them on E Bay has ruined this great deal for everyone concerned.

It's still a good deal if you stay on property for a week so I'll keep buying new ones...they make great souvineers and I use them pool side at home. :)

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Ah well, at least it doesn't take away from the mug design. We were talking about the mugs yesterday. Wondering if we could bring two with us for the little ones in our group (2 & 3) to use. That way we would only need to buy 10 mugs.

Upvote 0

pinkrose

Originally posted by Gucci65
This was the first POR mug we bought. Is this the same:

Purple Goofy playing the trumpet
Fuschia (?) Donald playing the banjo
Yellow Ferryboat
Fushia Mickey w/ fishing pole behind his head
Little purple Mickey casting his fishing pole.

White cup w/ purple lid and handle. Dark green writing - POR.
Just had Boo47 grab it out of the closet:lol:

Yep, that's it. lol

Upvote 0

niteobsrvr

Originally posted by Dwarful
Is the print really big? we always get a new one when we go, simply because the kids love using them when we are at home as well. But I hope that all of the print doesn't take away from the decoration.

Honestly though, if people want to cheat the system they will figure a way to do it. Cant wait to get our new mugs this JUNE !

By the way, if you are an ap holder who makes frequent trips, how do they know if you purchased the mugs during the current trip as long as the designs hadn't changed?

Last year at one of the Water Parks they were testing a barcode system. Each mug had a barcode printed on it that was activated in the system when purchased. Then for refills you took the mug up to a regular looking fountain drink machine with one big difference. The machines had barcode scanners built into them. In order to activate the fountain, you had to scan your mug on the reader. Thus, the mugs were activated for the day you bought them only.

I am pretty sure this test proved to be successful in stopping the "muggings" of the fountain machines. I would not be suprised to see it rolled out at the resorts as well as other parks. Not only does it improve inventory management but also eliminates the need to have extra employees to handle refilling sodas and reduces waits of people in line for other products.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom