Resort Hopping in WDW.

real mad hatter

How's it hingin folks? Heres my question today. How many of you,when staying on site, hop around other resorts,just to check them out,not stay.? We have done quite a bit of resort hopping ( not pool by the way ) and its a great way to check out other resorts whilst in the magic bubble.I feel like I'am in this huge complex covered by a glass dome,and no one from the outside world can see me.( see,told you I'am losing it ) But in all seriousness,does anyone else do the Disney hop while your there.? Oh by the way,my top three ( jaw dropping from hopping ) experiences were in third place. Poly Resort, in second place,AKL,and in first place WL.:)

Figgy1

Premium Member
How's it hingin folks? Heres my question today. How many of you,when staying on site, hop around other resorts,just to check them out,not stay.? We have done quite a bit of resort hopping ( not pool by the way ) and its a great way to check out other resorts whilst in the magic bubble.I feel like I'am in this huge complex covered by a glass dome,and no one from the outside world can see me.( see,told you I'am losing it ) But in all seriousness,does anyone else do the Disney hop while your there.? Oh by the way,my top three ( jaw dropping from hopping ) experiences were in third place. Poly Resort, in second place,AKL,and in first place WL.:)
Glad today is a better day! During one rather nasty storm when my boys were much younger we left the MK and hopped around the monorail for about 2 1/2 hours or so wish we could have done it for a longer time but the skies cleared so I guess I have to wait for a no chidren trip to truly enjoy resort hopping

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Glad today is a better day! During one rather nasty storm when my boys were much younger we left the MK and hopped around the monorail for about 2 1/2 hours or so wish we could have done it for a longer time but the skies cleared so I guess I have to wait for a no chidren trip to truly enjoy resort hopping
Yeh! The storm clouds have lifted,thank heavens. Now to serious business,you don't have to wait until the bairns have grown up.Visit the Poly while they make sand castles on the beach.:)

Upvote 0

sbkline

I can't get my wife to just go "resort hopping" (she thinks it is a waste of time), but I get around that by scheduling ADRs at several resorts each trip. We always eat at Chef Mickey's and one of the Grand Floridian restaraunts, and last time and this coming time, we ate/are eating at the Polynesian resort during the trip as well. Also, we always go to Ft Wilderness, whether to eat or not, and this time we are also having a supper at the Wilderness Lodge. So we end up doing some resort hopping at the Magic Kingdom area resorts.

Upvote 0

bmarkelon

We did this more before we were hauling the kids along. Now we try to resort hop as much as we can for dining. I agree, AKL and WL definitely win on most "take your breath away" lobbies, but I also have to say I absolutely love the feel I get when I walk into Grand Floridian and Boardwalk, it's like a step into the past and gives me goosebumps. I walk around with my eyes all over and take it all in! So those 4 are definitely my favorites and I always try when I can to make a stop.

Upvote 0

polynesiangirl

We used to do it all the time when I was a kid. These days our trips are not as long as they used to be so we don't get around to doing it as much, unless we're going to another resort to eat. Whenever we stay on the monorail loop we always make it over to the other two to walk around, though, since it's so convenient.

Upvote 0

disney magic 06

We love going to different resorts, and as we are all adults it is easy for us. There are few we haven't visited now, although we are staying at OKW this year, which will be completely new to us. We always visit AKL, and this year will be investigating Art of Animation. We also like to go for afternoon or evening cocktails aswell as our evening meal at different resorts. It's all part of the fun to us.

Upvote 0

RedBaron

The only time I did some resort hopping was years ago when we stayed at the Contemporary. Since we were on the monorail line we visited the Poly and had breakfast and also did a breakfast at the Grand Floridian. There is just not enough time, and now that I have kids, they would not enjoy that at all, or they would moan and ask why we are not staying at that hotel.

Upvote 0

jlsHouston

Resort hopping is just about my favorite past time while at disney only preceded by visiting MK, or riding Soarin, or dining. We discovered resort hopping our first visit when we stayed at POP but had ADR's at 1900 Park Fare, Ohana and Cape May for Character Dining. Those were the first 3 resorts we "hopped" to and explored their lobby, visited their stores, and walked out on to their grounds briefly to get a glimpse of the pools. POLY became the resort I always visited if simply to ride around on the monorail. I always visit the GF now whether I have ressies their or not to sit in the lobby or buy bath bombs from the shop Basin. Last Thanksgiving I went over to BC/YC 3 times just to sit on the patio in a rocking chair and relax and read and people watch...After 5 visits to the world, I still have resorts I have never hopped to and I can't wait to visit.
FOOTNOTE: My favorite resorts so far to "hop" to are: 1. GF, 2. BC/YC, 3. POLY

Upvote 0

jlsHouston

The only time I did some resort hopping was years ago when we stayed at the Contemporary. Since we were on the monorail line we visited the Poly and had breakfast and also did a breakfast at the Grand Floridian. There is just not enough time, and now that I have kids, they would not enjoy that at all, or they would moan and ask why we are not staying at that hotel.

hahaha, well I got my little world travelers trained, they whine over the pools, and ask the same thing, and I tell them... Next time we will stay here!

Upvote 0

93boomer

Premium Member
First of all, Hatter if you are losing it, there is no hope for the rest of us! LOL
Yes we have hopped around the resorts. I love AKL, WL, and Contemporary. Hopping around the resorts is a good way to leave the parks but explore another resort that you may want to stay sometime.
We really need to try that getting dessert at all the resorts sometime! Sounds yummy!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom