Resort Help....

goofyfamily

Basically it is an opinion of theme. I can tell you that at POR you can take the boat to downtown Disney which is a plus. A huge plus you don't have to wait for a bus and it is a nice relaxing ride at night. They are both spread out as far as the grounds and getting to the buses. My personal experience was I enjoyed POR. It is also next to the French Quarter hotel if you like that. But all of DIsney is a good choice.

Upvote 0

Cubs Brian

My own choice would be POR. Haven't stayed there in a while, but I really liked the atmosphere there. WE stayed in the Mansion section. everything was spotless, nice rooms, great service, good meals at Boatwrights(although I preffered the old Bonfamilles over @POFQ but thats been closed for about 10 yrs). Our last stay at CBR was a dissapointment, things were not up to the "DISNEY" standards.Spider webs in corner of rooms,burned out lightbulbs,walls that needed to be repainted. Nothing major, but still not up to code. It's been 2yrs since that visit ,so maybe they refurb'd it. Again just my opinion.Hope it helps.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

I would say POR. It is nicer and seems to have been kept up better. A little more out of the way from the parks though, but what's a few extra minutes.

Upvote 0

go3epcot

POR
More relaxed feel, more enjoyable theming, while a bit spread out it's not as spread out as CBR, access to Downtown Disney by boat is very pleasant.
Just one man's opinion...

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

I've never stayed at either one but my next stay will likely be POFQ which prompts me to answer POR. We lived in the New Orleans area for 10+ years and deeply miss it. That's my reason. LOL! For us, we'd enjoy the Port Orleans theming more.

Upvote 0

eroyee

I've never stayed at either one but my next stay will likely be POFQ which prompts me to answer POR. We lived in the New Orleans area for 10+ years and deeply miss it. That's my reason. LOL! For us, we'd enjoy the Port Orleans theming more.
If you lived in New Orleans then you would like POFQ the best. POR reminds me more of Georgia area. dearly love POR though.......

Upvote 0

hadlicksr

Let me also say that I have never stayed at either resort. My preference would be POR because everything I have read on this board and others, indicates many people enjoy POR for various reasons. Also, during our trip in November, we stayed @ POP and had great time but..What I noticed was at the end of the day, the CB bus stop was next to or very near the Pop bus stops at the parks. I could count 3 POP buses for every 1 for CB. This happened throughout the week and at various parks. I felt bad one time @ MK when as one POP was loading, another pulled up piggyback for another load. The CB guests I'm sure were watching. I would have been furious if I was in the CB line that was just as long as the POP.

Upvote 0

nicnic

FOFQ its smaller and bus picks up first and drops off first here before going to POR, its just so more relaxed and you can easily walk arround the resort its just perfect. plus the best seller the boat ride to DTD! oh and the horse and carriage rides round the resort! oh and the lovely beignets (is that how it's spelt!!??)

Upvote 0

teacup317

Carribean Beach or Riverside..........??

We have stayed at both.

We much preferred Riverside.

The first time we stayed at the Carribean Beach we stayed in "Martinque". Good place to pick up the bus for transport to the rest of the World. Our boys were 9 and 11 and we felt very comfortable letting them go to the food court, get food and a table and wait there for us to join them. The food court was OK when we were with the kids.

Letting them go ahead gave me a little free time to dress without the boys in the room. There seemed to be alot of kids which was OK because the boys were with us, but the next time we went without the boys, we decided to stay at what was previously "Dixie Landings" now called Port Orleans Riverside.

This resort has a bit more of an adult feeling to it. There are two different type of accomodations at Riverside. One on the bayou and the other in the southern style mansions. We preferred the mansions. The bayou seemed a little too "country" and living in Maine we get plenty of that. The mansions are beautiful and the settings they are in are great. There is also a full service restaurant and lounge.

As far as a moderate priced resort goes, this is our preference by a long shot!

Teacup 317
next trip to WDW 5/07 staying at Riverside!

Upvote 0

Glasgow

We've also stayed at both. To tell you the truth I found the theming/feel to be quite similar, as well as the size. Both have quite a few trees and a lake area, although POR feels more isolated since the trees block your view more.

If I had to sum them up I'd say CBR was a little more whimsical with a smattering of island vibes while POR feels slightly more upscale and infused with southern charm.

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

If you lived in New Orleans then you would like POFQ the best. POR reminds me more of Georgia area. dearly love POR though.......

I've never even seen POR...well, maybe once when we rented a boat at DD...

I picture it to be like when we would venture down River Road by the old plantation homes. We always liked going to tour the plantations. Oak Alley was at least an annual venture for the spring arts & crafts festival. **sigh** Is POR sorta like the plantations???

Upvote 0

crazydaveh

I'm going against the crowd and going with CBR. POR is great, but if it's not FQ, it's not as great for me.

CBR has a festive feel to it with the hammocks and beach all around. The food court is quality and the bus service is good. The rooms are about the same and the only difference is the pool. POR has a better pool, but it's all about the slide, and while I love a water slide, it doesn't make or break a hotel stay for me (unless it calls for the Yacht and Beach Club.)

Have fun.

Upvote 0

bsandersjr

Original Poster
Well, thanks for all of the feedback.
Last week, my wife ended up booking CB. I originally was aiming for POFQ, but there was nothing available. I checked it again last night and they had rooms open, so we switched over to French Quarter.

Upvote 0

TTFN-Tiggger

CB would have been my first recommendation. Then FQ. I think you will enjoy the FQ. I recently stayed at POR and did not care for that resort. Just my preference though. I enjoyed the FQ much better. Enjoy your trip!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom