Resort Cups

mickeyluvr

Hi everyone :)
I am heading to POP CENTURY RESORT in 4 weeks and I was wondering if anyone knew what the reusable cups look like right now??? I was there at Christmas and I was wondering if it was the same cup so I didnt have to buy another one!

mrerk

Premium Member
Welcome...this is a fantastic place! You'll learn a lot here!

I just wish they would go back to the resort specific mugs. They made great souvenirs! They could change them yearly to prevent reuse. They just seem pretty boring now.

Yep, used to buy new ones every trip. Haven't bothered since they went generic.

Upvote 0

MagicMegan

My parents always took me out of school to go on our trips... but I took my homework for the week with me. Now I'm in college and planned our trip before I got in to an official degree program for this semester... so I told all my professors already what I'll be missing lol. They just kind of stared at me, and my Corrections professor offered to give me the exam I'll miss early so I still can take it. [schwinggg!!]

Upvote 0

fosse76

Closing thought - any teacher worth their salt will appreciate the fact that you want to broaden your kid with travel because that is priceless.

Going to Disney World isn't broadening anything. And while I agree that missing Kindegarten isn't a huge issue, taking children out of school to vacation at a theme park is irresponsible. It's a theme park and nothing more (contrary to what people here think). I am more than willing to make allowances for children being pulled out of school to go to real places like Europe, China, Africa, etc. But Disney World? And some people should be glad I am not a teacher. I would pruposefully schedule a test, and not allow make-up examinations.

Upvote 0

Lucky

Irony?:lol:

:) jk

The counter service dining plan comes with mugs. The regular one does not... Very odd that they would do that IMO.
The logic is that you don't use a mug for TS, but if you're eating CS twice a day - unless it's always at the parks - you'll be using the mug quite a bit.

Upvote 0

WDW-LUVR

Going to Disney World isn't broadening anything. And while I agree that missing Kindegarten isn't a huge issue, taking children out of school to vacation at a theme park is irresponsible. It's a theme park and nothing more (contrary to what people here think). I am more than willing to make allowances for children being pulled out of school to go to real places like Europe, China, Africa, etc. But Disney World? And some people should be glad I am not a teacher. I would pruposefully schedule a test, and not allow make-up examinations.
every year we go to disney and also China, Japan, Africa, Asia, France, Mexico, ect...:ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

fosse76

If that is your thinking, then you truly haven't experienced all of what DisneyWorld has to offer.

Ummm, yes, I have. It's a theme park. Well, four theme parks, two water parks, and an overpriced shopping district with mall-style restaurants. It is nothing more. And that's fine. But to act like it is something more than that is ridiculous.

Upvote 0

jmvd20

Fantastic, tell you what I think - you raise your kids whatever way you want too, leave mine out of it.

Yes, I am glad you are not a teacher.

My brother and I missed a week of school every year to go to Disney and we both turned out well, when we are not in jail that is...

Upvote 0

bhg469

Fantastic, tell you what I think - you raise your kids whatever way you want too, leave mine out of it.

Yes, I am glad you are not a teacher.

My brother and I missed a week of school every year to go to Disney and we both turned out well, when we are not in jail that is...

But you're an ohio state fan so you suffer from delusions every year... :drevil:

Upvote 0

Funfy

Funny how as long as "nice" people like all of "us" are breaking the rules, it is really okay-who is it hurting-really?!-however, let someone that doesn't look like you or speaks perhaps Porteguese and suddenly they are horribly offensive doing the same thing!

Right is right, wrong is wrong. I guess one decides what you can sleep with at night and the rest of "those people" can obey the rules!

Upvote 0

MCC1

Welcome to the WDW Magic Boards.

PS
I am the guy riding the ECV who is pushing a stroller at the same time smacking into peoples heels pushing through the crowds blowing my horn. In my right hand I carry a resort mug from 2002 that i use every year, attached to my ECV is a big red triangle flag that has a picture of Brazil on it. Behind me is my following of Brazillian line cutting, loud chanting teen tourists who do as they please holding spots in the line for there 153 friends who are going to show up as soon as they get up front. I dont really need the ECV but find it gets me to the front of the line faster so i just rent one for the heck of it. I also parked at the GF and rode the monorail over to MK today. I also love it when strangers hold a spot for me for parades so i can then pull up in front of them and block their childrens view, because it is all about me you know. O yeah and i pulled my children out of school to just come and visit, nothing special just because. Also i was wondering can anyone suggest which MK table service breakfast i should book, i dont plan on dining just getting in to MK beofre the rest of the people.

Thanks
:hammer::brick::ROFLOL:

Hope i covered it all.

This totally has the makings of a new Disney Villain! I want to see concept art of this character & a 3D feature...

Upvote 0

willsdad01

This is probably a topic for a different thread, but after reading this response I felt inclined to comment. My kids attend one of the highest ranked school districts in our state. Our son is in the advanced programs in elementary. We have taken our kids out of school for two days during Fall Break and will do so again this year. Comments from the teachers have been very positive. One teacher even suggested it's a great way to learn about mapping skills by giving the child the map and have him read it. While I agree, Disney is a theme park, it's also not like you are going to Busch Gardens or Sea World. There are many educational opportunities for kids if you look for them at Disney. Now, would I take my kids out a week from school. No.

Upvote 0

fosse76

This is probably a topic for a different thread, but after reading this response I felt inclined to comment. My kids attend one of the highest ranked school districts in our state. Our son is in the advanced programs in elementary. We have taken our kids out of school for two days during Fall Break and will do so again this year. Comments from the teachers have been very positive. One teacher even suggested it's a great way to learn about mapping skills by giving the child the map and have him read it. While I agree, Disney is a theme park, it's also not like you are going to Busch Gardens or Sea World. There are many educational opportunities for kids if you look for them at Disney. Now, would I take my kids out a week from school. No.

Educationally, you'd probably learn more at Sea World than at Disney World. :)

Upvote 0

disneyrcks

Wow, the first 7 pages of this thread were fun to read! Inevitably it had to have the fun sucked right out of it....:fork:

I thought the same thing! Well all good things must come to an end when someone needs to voice their opinion and tell others how to raise their kids :brick:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom