resort cups

Poco909

Original Poster
i love that they had cups u buy and u can get free refills for your time there...do u still have yours, how many do you have and what resorts r they from? i got the POR and its still up here on my desk and i haven't drink from it since i was there in Oct 2005

lilo091701

I have a few

2000= Caribbean Beach Club
2001=All Star Movies
2002=All Star Music
2006=Pop Century
2008=New Million Dreams

And we have a couple from Christmas Parties at Magic Kingdom. One with Mickey and Minnie and Christmas decorations and one that was from the first year that the Osborn Spectacle Of Lights was at MGM in the streets. It has Stitch on it hanging from the lights on NY street and the cup lights up!!!! I bring it out every Christmas for fun!!! And when I taught preschool....boy was I a cool teacher!!!!!

Mstr Gra-c

So, please bear with me...the last time I visited Disney was 1995. I love WDW but did not have the time or the money for the longest time to visit. My wife and I will be honeymooning there in WDW in October. I have been reading some of the posts on WDW Magic for a few days and keep hearing about these RESORT CUPS...whats the deal? How does it work? Free Refills? Please advise and thank you for not laughing me off the thread.:shrug:

MattyFresh

not trying to jack the thread, but does anyone remember when each land would have their own "collector" cup? My dad and I made it a mission to get one from each spot in the MK.....now I think they have all had the decals removed by the dishwasher.

Wish I would have put them away to keep :brick:

yankspy

So, please bear with me...the last time I visited Disney was 1995. I love WDW but did not have the time or the money for the longest time to visit. My wife and I will be honeymooning there in WDW in October. I have been reading some of the posts on WDW Magic for a few days and keep hearing about these RESORT CUPS...whats the deal? How does it work? Free Refills? Please advise and thank you for not laughing me off the thread.:shrug:
Each hotel has a store where you would buy these mugs. Many times they are found in the snack shops. You buy one for about 12 dollars or so and you are able to use it for fountain drinks, coffee, and Iced tea at that snack shop at your hotel for the duration of your stay for free. So you wake up in the morning and trot down to the snack shop with your mug and you help yourself to coffee. At night, you come back from the parks and you want a soda or some more coffee, you do the same. I hope that makes sense. :wave:

brkgnews

Congrats on your upcoming special trip, and welcome to WDWMagic! :wave:

Poco909

Original Poster
oh i remember one time mcdonalds sold glass cups of the 4 theme parks a while back, i got animal kingdom, they were pretty kool:D

Dwarful

not trying to jack the thread, but does anyone remember when each land would have their own "collector" cup? My dad and I made it a mission to get one from each spot in the MK.....now I think they have all had the decals removed by the dishwasher.

Wish I would have put them away to keep :brick:

Yes! I was going to post about that! My husband and I made it our mission on our honeymoon to get them all. We ended up with doubles of a few because we were too thirsty and too tired to go get the right cup. When we got home I put them away. We still have one set. The doubles we used.

My favorite is was a refillable cup that came with a castle topper with the Fab Five on it but we got that at Disneyland.
Our mug collection includes:
music
movies - old style my favorite
sports
pop
okw
csr
yoamd

WDWRLD

YOMD from POR
POR Yellow/Green
POR Purple/Green
Dixie Landings
Poly
GF
PoP
CBR
TL
and bunches of various others along with dozens of popcorn buckets.

dragongirl

CBR-1998
ASMu-2001
POR-2004
YOMD from POR-2008

I like to use my POR one to have coffee sometimes to get a little Disney feeling for the day. The ASMu ones I use for my toddler to help her transition from sippy cups. In fact, I bought her a YOMD one like mine during the last trip and would fill it with water or put whatever drink we bought at the Parks in there. Since she no longer tips her cups upside down it worked really well and she liked having one like the rest of us.

So they do have their post-Park uses!

disneygirl1

Gosh, I have quite a few:

Have 1 from CBR
Have 2 from CS
Have 4 from AS Movies
Have 1 from AS Music

I can't wait to get the generic cup they have now for the Year of a Million Dreams!

jtwyatt

I feel I see these cups in all the house sI go to...we go to disney every year...at least 4-5 families go..so when we visit each other houses durring the rest of the year...it's always nice to grab a cup from the cabniet and see the mugs looking back at you..

Here's another question?? Do you prefer the Coffe style mugs, or the short/wide cups...For me it is always the coffe style!

Spyne

I still have my refillable mug. It was from my November 2000 trip staying at All-Star Music. I believe it has the Fab Five playing a different array of instruments. :D

mouselvrmom

I feel I see these cups in all the house sI go to...we go to disney every year...at least 4-5 families go..so when we visit each other houses durring the rest of the year...it's always nice to grab a cup from the cabniet and see the mugs looking back at you..

Here's another question?? Do you prefer the Coffe style mugs, or the short/wide cups...For me it is always the coffe style!

I prefer the short fat ones. I'm bummed that it seems that the million dreams one out now doesn't come in that style.

We have a neat one from mgm that has all the characters making a movie on it, a few fantasmic ones, a holiday mickey minnie one from mgm, a few boardwalks, a few beach clubs, and a few snow white ones from disneyland. I'm drinking from one right now. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom