Resort Arcades, is it time for them to go?

MickeyMomV

I agree 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000%
They need to maintain their pins more too.
Agree 100%. I haven't been able to find a fully functioning PoTC in years and I had to buy a Tron to actually get to play one that works. We were really bummed earlier this month to see they pulled the pins out of the arcade at CSR.

Last edited:

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
An arcade is not an upcharge event. Neither is the foodcourt, the laundry room or the soda machine.
What I am suggesting is not an upcharge event either. It IS an upcharge in general. But so is the arcade, foodcourt, the laundry room, and the soda machine.

It's an upcharge in its current form, and it's an upcharge in my suggested form. Not really sure where you're going with this. I'm not forcing you to like my idea either. Move along.

threvester

What I am suggesting is not an upcharge event either. It IS an upcharge in general. But so is the arcade, foodcourt, the laundry room, and the soda machine.

It's an upcharge in its current form, and it's an upcharge in my suggested form. Not really sure where you're going with this. I'm not forcing you to like my idea either. Move along.
you were good until the last 2 words

ELG13

No way! The space is too small for anything else and I think it's a great way to kill a little time. We usually go between there, the pool and the playground on our frist day bc we generally don't visit the parks on the first day. Some of my favorite pictures are from the arcade lol!!!

EricPZ

It seems the arcades are a lot like DisneyQuest in that very little attention is given to keeping them fresh and creative. They are just a space with a bunch of games dumped in there. Disney could do better, but I doubt it's worth it to them.

Randyland

The arcades are too small and do not offer enough to be a destination attraction.... but they are a Guest SERVICE provided for the resort.

It is not all about how much money is maximized per square foot... at least it should not be.

Perfect example is the Penny Arcade on Main Street.. what once provided atmosphere and life to the area, is now just another shop to walk through or walk by.

Yes, it makes far more money in profits as a shop, and no repairs to make, but the loss is that of the Guest experience.

Think about it,,,, would everyone go to the Magic Kingdom if there were no more rides, attractions, and shows??

It would be just a big Mall of shops and restaurants....

Maybe they would still go... look at Disney Springs!!

But they do not charge admission to get into Disney Springs.... YET!

If all those were turned into gift shops, who would be there to go into those shops??

The attractions develop the area, and the shops take the money while you are there.

Randyland

In reply to the question as to what happened to all the machine which once were there.... watch this video and see where Main Street Penny Arcade special made games went. Sorry, you can visit them now, as the area just closed, however it reopen somewhere in the future.

JIMINYCR

but hardly ever see anyone in the fitness center.
I had to LOL...When I see guests jogging the pathways or exercising in the fitness areas in the early mornings I think... now there a die hard fitness nut. When I'm at Disney all healthy stuff goes out the window. I'm there to relax. I've already dieted and walked to condition myself for the trip. Enoughs enough. Vacation should be all fun and no work.

spock8113

Like the old Pleasure Island discos, the Arcades, while a great 80's and 90's memory, are going the way of the 8-Track tape.
With all of today's portable electronics, the arcades should be in a museum.
Change, it even affects millennials now (take that We wants the Red head haters!)

WDWTank

In reply to the question as to what happened to all the machine which once were there.... watch this video and see where Main Street Penny Arcade special made games went. Sorry, you can visit them now, as the area just closed, however it reopen somewhere in the future.

THAT IS SO AWESOME!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom