Reservation for Pirate's League

71dsp

I called to get a reservation for a Pirate's League experience for my kiddo and was able to set everything up, no problem. I do have a couple of questions, though.

1. I don't see the reservation in the WDW "My Reservations" part of the site. I'm guessing it's because they only list the resort and dining reservations? Should I see the Pirate's League reservation there?

2. We bought a Captain Jack Sparrow Halloween costume from the Disney Store for our son just for this occasion. I assume it's ok to bring that with us when they do his make up, or do we have to purchase the items there?

G00fyDad

I called to get a reservation for a Pirate's League experience for my kiddo and was able to set everything up, no problem. I do have a couple of questions, though.

1. I don't see the reservation in the WDW "My Reservations" part of the site. I'm guessing it's because they only list the resort and dining reservations? Should I see the Pirate's League reservation there?

2. We bought a Captain Jack Sparrow Halloween costume from the Disney Store for our son just for this occasion. I assume it's ok to bring that with us when they do his make up, or do we have to purchase the items there?

We did the same thing last year. No, the reservation number doesn't show up. Be sure to write it down and keep it safe. ;) And yes, the costumes will be fine. One tip though, when you get out of the "oath room" you will basically be back at the beginning of the place by the photo counter where they may try to pressure you to buy some photos. Get them. You'll love having them. But be sure to tell them that you're not too sure about wanting the package. :) They'll probably do the same thing for you that they did for us, and others I have talked to, and give you a discount on the package. If you're already going to buy them then I'd try and get that discount. ;) It's just 10% but 10% off is 10% off. :)

Upvote 0

britdaw

I had the same issue with the reservation for my girls and the Wonderland Tea Party. I called back and asked a representative to confirm that it was there and she said that it doesn't show up because it's not considered a dining reservation; it's considered a 'children's event reservation', and those won't show up on the website. But as long as you wrote down your confirmation # you should be good to go! :)

Upvote 0

Diane Hughess

We did the League back in August and LOVED it!! The cast members were awesome! We were not up to spending a fortune on the photo pkg, but we had pre-purchased a Photopass. Directly outside the League is Goofy dressed as a Pirate. We got some awesome photos there which were added to our Photopass card. Also, we got some great photos in front of the castle in our Pirate garb. Funny, we couldn't point our 'swords' at each other as Disney photograhers will not photo any 'violence'!! We were a party of 4--Grandma, Mom, teen girl and pre-teen boy. We didn't have costumes, but I had purchased all of us matching pirate t-shirts prior to the trip. The day of the League, I put out the shirts and made everyone wear them. They had no idea what was going to happen. Well worth the $25 or $30. People stopped us all day long to find out where we had been made up.

Upvote 0

71dsp

Original Poster
^^ Great to hear. Thanks for the tips. It's only going to be my son doing the Pirates League thing (not all of us), but I think he'll really enjoy it nonetheless.

Upvote 0

heartodisney

Sorry to bump the thread, but we have this adventure booked...can you take your own camera in and they take pics, with your own camera, along with what they take, or are you limited to their pics?

Upvote 0

G00fyDad

Sorry to bump the thread, but we have this adventure booked...can you take your own camera in and they take pics, with your own camera, along with what they take, or are you limited to their pics?

Absolutely. I took tons of our kids on the trip last year. You can even take one in the room that they take a photo in. Or at least I did. ;) The only photo they take is in the "booty room" (wait, that didn't come out right....:lookaroun....The Treasure Room). The CMs here are wonderful and really got into the spirit of the whole thing. It was awesome.

I'll post pictures here if I can find them.

Upvote 0

71dsp

Original Poster
The only photo they take is in the "booty room" (wait, that didn't come out right....:lookaroun....The Treasure Room).

Thanks for the pictures. A little off topic, but...a couple of years ago, my son was a pirate for Halloween. I asked him what he wanted to do, and he said "Go trick-or-treating to get some booty!" :ROFLOL: He said that because my wife bought him a "booty bag" with his costume for his trick-or-treat bag. My wife and I laughed so hard that we were almost crying. He just looked at us like we were crazy. :ROFLOL: I wish I had a camcorder at that time!!!

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

I surprised my DD with the PL a couple years back and they had a great time. I was with them and when they found it was my anniversary they made to join in the fun (pixy dust..did not have to pay for me). I did get the picture part..they just made me up. We had a great laughts!! I took lots of pictures and embaressed the girls!! It was great fun!! Enjoy!

Upvote 0

britdaw

Thanks for the pictures. A little off topic, but...a couple of years ago, my son was a pirate for Halloween. I asked him what he wanted to do, and he said "Go trick-or-treating to get some booty!" :ROFLOL: He said that because my wife bought him a "booty bag" with his costume for his trick-or-treat bag. My wife and I laughed so hard that we were almost crying. He just looked at us like we were crazy. :ROFLOL: I wish I had a camcorder at that time!!!

LOL!!! That's pretty hilarious!!! And obviously adorable, too. ;)

Upvote 0

heartodisney

Absolutely. I took tons of our kids on the trip last year. You can even take one in the room that they take a photo in. Or at least I did. ;) The only photo they take is in the "booty room" (wait, that didn't come out right....:lookaroun....The Treasure Room). The CMs here are wonderful and really got into the spirit of the whole thing. It was awesome.

I'll post pictures here if I can find them.

:lol: Thanks for the "answer" and sharing the pics! :sohappy:

Upvote 0
If you buy the pictures you can also have them added to your photopass card in case you need extra for anyone else or if you are buying the cd. Just take the receipt over to the photo store up on main street and they will scan it in for you free.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom