Reservation expansion

Disney Glimpses

how does this help “unused capacity” and if it does wouldnt that only make parks more crowded that wouldnt be if this steers someone to a different park? Im genuinely confused here
It really depends. I have no idea how frequently they plan to offer these reservations or when they will become available. It's possible that they will offer them same day depending on perceived/forecasted attendance. But I really don't know.

Hawg G

My guess is they will be similar to bonus reservations and added close to (or even on) the date rather than far in advance.

I suspect Afternoon Entry reservations may not have hopping privileges, but that's also just my guess.
I could see that, but that sure isn’t an improvement.

Plus, the days of hitting 3 or 4 parks will be over. Or gong to a park to ride one ride before returning to rejoin your family.

I foresee park hoppers going the way of my unexpiring pass that I shed a tear every time I have to spend a day off of.

Liquid Ice

I could see this also potentially bring about different tiers of Annual Pass, similar to the old Epcot after 4pm AP.

Like a AP where you can only book reservations after 12pm or 5pm.

It will be interesting to see how existing AP tiers are allocated park passes for 12pm and 5pm too. Right now you the higher tier APs get 5 Park Passes. Will the 12pm/5pm Park Passes count towards that 5 or will a 12pm/5pm Park Pass be a "bonus" reservation or will we get a 2nd allocation of park passes? (5 Park Passes with no time restriction, 5 Park Passes at 12pm/5pm?).

For those talking about law suits, are you assuming that APs can't make Park Passes before 12pm now? It didn't sound to me like this removes your ability to make a normal "all day" park pass if it is available, rather it instead adds another option for APs increasing flexibility?

drizgirl

I could see that, but that sure isn’t an improvement.

Plus, the days of hitting 3 or 4 parks will be over. Or gong to a park to ride one ride before returning to rejoin your family.

I foresee park hoppers going the way of my unexpiring pass that I shed a tear every time I have to spend a day off of.
Nah. Too much revenue involved. They definitely want people to keep paying for hoppers. They just want to keep carving off any benefit.

And DLR will never stop selling them since it’s really just one large single park.

Disney Glimpses

Nah. Too much revenue involved. They definitely want people to keep paying for hoppers. They just want to keep carving off any benefit.

And DLR will never stop selling them since it’s really just one large single park.
Yeah, from what I understand this is to add options, not to restrict guests (or APs) further. There is untapped capacity in the afternoons and evenings and this seeks to offer that capacity to guests in the form of reservations.

I kind of chuckle when I see complaints about this saying "so now the parks will be even more crowded??" If you are pushing this argument, then you are in favor of park reservations. You can't have it both ways.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Yeah, from what I understand this is to add options, not to restrict guests (or APs) further. There is untapped capacity in the afternoons and evenings and this seeks to offer that capacity to guests in the form of reservations.

I kind of chuckle when I see complaints about this saying "so now the parks will be even more crowded??" If you are pushing this argument, then you are in favor of park reservations. You can't have it both ways.
Personally park reservations dont bother me bc imo FP was nothing more than that anyway for me because all my rides were booked starting at 9am... obviously everyone vacations differently but im sure im not alone. As i stated yesterday this may only create more crowds by pushing people to parks that were/are less crowded at times... im curious would people be able to buy genie+ day of with say a 12pm or 5pm entering time & as you guys refer to it start stacking at 7am? So in theory someone entering at 5pm can have 5 rides already booked

Kamikaze

Maybe.

I can see where the 12:00 or 5:00 reservation for an AP avoids them just making an EPCOT reservation, tapping in and then immediately hopping after 2:00. Perhaps that will free up more passes earlier in the day for resort guests.

It doesn't actually stop someone from doing that tap and hop dance. So, if they run out of 5:00 reservations, it'll happen anyway.

If it does open up more 12:00 passes at parks that don't have opening time passes, that would seem to indicate they can take more guests earlier then 2:00. It would be nice if they could move the hopping time up to this 12:00 time instead of 2:00 for everyone. It would also be nice if they could eliminate the tapping in requirement for hopping.

Eliminate tapping in to hop and move the time up to earlier than 2:00 would be actual improvements for resort guests.
Stands to reason they would reduce the number of 'regular' reservations available to AP holders in exchange for these new time-slot reservations. Thus increasing the number of 'regular' reservations available to non-APs.

Liquid Ice

Aren't Group tickets such as the ones you might buy for corporate events sold at a discount with entry starting at 12pm or 5pm?

Is it possible these new Park Passes are just for group ticket purchases and not for APs and CMs?

Kamikaze

The 2pm hopping REALLY limits DLR. Especially since you can knock out DCA's big attractions pretty quick if you're there at open and use LL or Single Rider on RSR.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
But the point is you can't cherry pick Disney's executive salary, without looking at executive salaries as a whole. Your opinion on executive salary across the board is a valid one (I don't personally agree with it, but it's a logical position to take.) What I don't think is logical is calling out Disney's pay of its CEO, when its completely in line with the general corporate pay structure/system overall. Disney should be looking to hire and retain top executives, which means paying them competitively.
Well, now we know why they're stuck with Bobbie C. They aren't willing to pay more for top talent.

drizgirl

The 2pm hopping REALLY limits DLR. Especially since you can knock out DCA's big attractions pretty quick if you're there at open and use LL or Single Rider on RSR.
No doubt it’s really limiting. But I’m sure people are still buying it.

All of this is a function of how poorly Disney has developed all of their non castle parks.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
If disney is offering morning reservations to day guests but only afternoon or evening ones to AP’s for the same day they are absolutely going to get sued again and lose. This wasn’t part of the terms of the AP I purchased.
1657290519299.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom