Reservation expansion

Jeff4272

Now this worked for us last two trips- your mileage may vary:

Wife and I were in Epcot- wanted to go to Animal kingdom - it was only noon

Went into Mde and changed our park passes from EP to AK while still in EP, drove over to AK at noon thirty and got in.

Of course, availability determines your experience.
and a good cast member

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
I do disagree....not trying to be controversial, just know that they are trying to monetize it

They are not trying to monetize Park Pass.
Park Pass is already monetized based on the level of ticket you buy. Say for the sake of argument they added a second reservation to park hop, your park hopper ticket is already monetizing the ability to do that. You could argue that they could have a park hopper+ option that allows even more hopping, but then you get into diminishing returns for a product people will not want to pay for or not find useful based on cost.

Besides, the easier thing to do would be to just raise ticket prices like they always do.

Disney Glimpses

Park Pass is already monetized based on the level of ticket you buy. Say for the sake of argument they added a second reservation to park hop, your park hopper ticket is already monetizing the ability to do that. You could argue that they could have a park hopper+ option that allows even more hopping, but then you get into diminishing returns for a product people will not want to pay for or not find useful based on cost.

Besides, the easier thing to do would be to just raise ticket prices like they always do.
Right. Like the notion that they are going to sell you a ticket for the park but another ticket to make the reservation, just silly lol

mmascari

Went into Mde and changed our park passes from EP to AK while still in EP, drove over to AK at noon thirty and got in.

Presumably, it linked you out to the web since you cannot create a park pass in MDE.

You also cannot change one, you have to cancel and then add, it's two transactions not a single transaction. There's risk the park you want is no longer available by the time you get to it, and that the park you had goes away while you have none at the same time. Unless you're want or have EPCOT.

While on our trip this June, for all 6 park days, the only park with availability was EPCOT. There might have been an AK one day too.

We had 2 days with reservations for parks we didn't want to go to. We did Typhoon one day and the resort the other. Then did a park after 2:00, AFTER we were forced to go to the park we didn't want to and tap in first.

monothingie

Premium Member
They will sell you the opportunity to park hop earlier (or unrestricted)........

That is charging for park pass
Problematic because they have repeatedly said that these are temporary restrictions and they already have a pass (which you pay extra for) that allows for park hopping.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Some call APs the "sandwich crowd" for this reason. For example, if there are 10,000 people that want to get into a park that has only 5,000 reservations left, half of those people may contribute almost nothing in additional revenue and the other half millions. Equal access would lose the company potentially millions of dollars.

Not saying I agree with this, but that's the line of thinking.

So basically what many have been saying for years, that Disney views the consumers in the parks as walking ATM's, and you only have value if they have your PIN number.

I truly appreciate your views and insights around all this. It allows me to make a better-informed decision as to who gets my vacation dollars after September. You can probably guess it won't be Disney, even as a DVC member. I'm tired of the abuse.

monothingie

Premium Member
- end the days of phased closures and ensure crowd levels are somewhat tolerable (based on what they can handle)
Other than a handful of days around the holidays at the MK only, were capacity closures really a big deal? Park Pass resulted in numerous more capacity closures without any decreeable effect on crowding. Anecdotally people are always saying the parks are more busy with "capacity restrictions" than they were pre-covid.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Other than a handful of days around the holidays at the MK only, were capacity closures really a big deal? Park Pass resulted in numerous more capacity closures without any decreeable effect on crowding. Anecdotally people are always saying the parks are more busy with "capacity restrictions" than they were pre-covid.
The problem with anecdotal evidence is that it's not based in fact. There's hard data (Touring Plans historical crowd calendar) that shows that the parks are actually less busy. The big problem for the parks right now is ride breakdowns due to lack of maintenance, which drive up wait times.

monothingie

Premium Member
The problem with anecdotal evidence is that it's not based in fact. There's hard data (Touring Plans historical crowd calendar) that shows that the parks are actually less busy. The big problem for the parks right now is ride breakdowns due to lack of maintenance, which drive up wait times.
Yes they were overcrowded then and they are overcrowded now even with capacity restrictions, just with more breakdowns and G+ and ILL.

Disney Glimpses

No, but attendance was still too high on a significant more number of days. That's really what I meant there. Basically stop looking at the fire code capacity limits and look at capacity limits that will offer a reasonable experience.

Yes they were overcrowded then and they are overcrowded now even with capacity restrictions, just with more breakdowns and G+ and ILL.
They are but within reason. Could you imagine what the Magic Kingdom would look like lately without Park Pass?

They will sell you the opportunity to park hop earlier (or unrestricted)........

That is charging for park pass
I don't understand. You're suggesting they will have a Park Hopper Ticket (2pm) and then an Early Park Hopper Ticket (anytime)? C'mon. They are ridiculous but not that ridiculous.

Minnesota disney fan

I should get a dolewhip for reading all 23 pages in one setting!!!
GIF by Steve Harvey TV

This is all so sad and mind boggling as to Why disney is shooting themselves in the foot? They must think paying guests are a renewable resource for infinity.
Our family has made the break from Disney, and honestly? I am happy about it due to the way things are changing for the worse.
We were the couple who everyone else knew loved disney and who helped several families plan their disney trips. We couldn't say enough wonderful things about disney. We don't recommend it now.
I keep checking these sites to see what is going on, and can't believe what's happening. I feel good about the "break" now as we are planning a lot of new activities. We love Universal and the way they run their parks. It's not complicated and it's fun. Oh well, just my 2 cents worth after reading 23 pages, and now have to make supper:)

JD80

Now this worked for us last two trips- your mileage may vary:

Wife and I were in Epcot- wanted to go to Animal kingdom - it was only noon

This actually worked?

lol

monothingie

Premium Member
They are but within reason. Could you imagine what the Magic Kingdom would look like lately without Park Pass?
It would look like it does at 2PM?
I would posit that Park Pass makes the morning at parks even more unbearable. As crazy as it seemed, having scheduled FP+ seemingly made things more orderly. I just tend to see more guests wandering around confused and staring into their phones.

Disney Glimpses

It would look like it does at 2PM?
I would posit that Park Pass makes the morning at parks even more unbearable. As crazy as it seemed, having scheduled FP+ seemingly made things more orderly. I just tend to see more guests wandering around confused and staring into their phones.
Fair points, really not an apples to apples comparison. Park Pass forces people to busier parks (so they don't waste a reservation on slow parks).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom