Replacement for Tomorrowland Speedway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Noble

The original question was why would I like a clone. I don't always. But if the experience is excellent and is a franchise that I really love like Tron, then by all means, I would want it.
So, I've been to Shanghai Disneyland. Lovely park, I truly enjoyed it. I'm going back to Shanghai this Fall on business, and will probably make another side trip to the park. And, I would *love* to have that attraction cloned in Florida, because I get to Florida much more often than I get to Shanghai---and I'm in Shanghai about once a year on average.

PS: If you have not yet been, Shanghai's Pirates is worth the price of admission...and the visa...and airfare...all by itself. Really great.

redshoesrock

Truthfully, the outdoor optics are what MAKE the ride. It's an ok (albeit way too short) coaster otherwise.

I disagree. It completely takes you out of the Tron world and then puts you back into it only seconds later. It diminishes the show aspect for the riders. Thematically, IMHO it makes much more sense to keep the riders fully enclosed in The Grid and the story. Not to mention it allows Disney to change an aspect of the ride making WDW Tron slightly different from Shanghai Tron while still being essentially the exact same ride. The examples of a common Disney ride having small to major tweaks in their different versions in different parks are very well documented.

That'll be the tweak for WDW Tron, complete enclosure. I'll take that bet of yours.

Buried20KLeague

I disagree. It completely takes you out of the Tron world and then puts you back into it only seconds later. It diminishes the show aspect for the riders. Thematically, IMHO it makes much more sense to keep the riders fully enclosed in The Grid and the story. Not to mention it allows Disney to change an aspect of the ride making WDW Tron slightly different from Shanghai Tron while still being essentially the exact same ride. The examples of a common Disney ride having small to major tweaks in their different versions in different parks are very well documented.

That'll be the tweak for WDW Tron, complete enclosure. I'll take that bet of yours.

Prepare to be disappointed. And incorrect.

DrewmanS

Don't feel like scrolling through 85 pages, can anyone give a summary of what's happening (or might happen?)

Larry: Excuse me, but what the hell's going on out here?

Crash: Well, Nuke's scared because his eyelids are jammed and his old man's here. We need a live... is it a live rooster? We need a live rooster to take the curse off Jose's glove and nobody seems to know what to get Millie or Jimmy for their wedding present. Is that about right? We're dealing with a lot of sh*t

Larry: Okay, well, uh... candlesticks always make a nice gift, and uh, maybe you could find out where she's registered and maybe a place-setting or maybe a silverware pattern. Okay, let's get two! Go get 'em.

Ignohippo

^ THIS. That was my first thought when I saw the first person videos. The outdoor section is not representative of Tron and takes you out of that world. It's totally unnecessary.

I'm sure IF MK gets the attraction, the show building itself will have elements of what the outside dome looks like in Shanghai. It's a great design element.

Princess Leia

Don't feel like scrolling through 85 pages, can anyone give a summary of what's happening (or might happen?)
Tron's going behind the Speedway, Speedway will have some thematic changes (I think) but will still be around, Space Mountain isn't going anywhere.

Tron will be a clone of the Shanghai ride, and apparently we're in for some pretty big changes of sightlines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom