Replacement for Tomorrowland Speedway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phicinfan

I am going on a gut feeling here, but I think what will end up happening is some type of TRON ride in Speedway area, but not the light cycle Roller Coaster. I say this because IF GoTG is a roller coaster as reported, I don't think WDW wants to become the next Six Flags and do nothing but coasters. Maybe some new hybrid of light cycle not a coaster? Don't know, but I find it very, very hard to believe that the next two big rides they announce will both be coasters. Just don't buy it.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
My only issue is once again MK is removing and replacing. They need to be adding. The park is woefully under capacity. They need another attraction that is an add not a replacement. I am excited for the Tron coaster if this turns out to be true.
In this case a replace is justified, that is the biggest waste of space in MK for such a terrible attraction.

Incomudro

Cool!
I could care less about Tron, but looked up this coaster (finally) just the other week, and it is cool!
A great modern addition to the park!
Beautiful and futuristic to look at.
It is a bit odd for it to be located next to another coaster - Space Mountain, but that's only odd for Disney really.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
My only issue is once again MK is removing and replacing. They need to be adding. The park is woefully under capacity. They need another attraction that is an add not a replacement. I am excited for the Tron coaster if this turns out to be true.
One could argue that MK is over-capacity because there isn't enough to do at other parks currently. Another method of aiding capacity at MK is/would be to increase the draw to the other parks, reducing the strain on MK. That is something that seems to be in progress, with DAK, DHS, and whatever crap is going on at Epcot.
I'm ok with removing something fairly mundane as the speedway to replace with something that might add to the theming of Tomorrowland instead of taking away from it.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I must say, that TRON POV video out there really makes it look like a cool attraction and fun. Thematically it would seem to fit with Tomorrowland. Has anyone here rode this in Shanghai before? Curious to see what there thoughts are.

culturenthrills

One could argue that MK is over-capacity because there isn't enough to do at other parks currently. Another method of aiding capacity at MK is/would be to increase the draw to the other parks, reducing the strain on MK. That is something that seems to be in progress, with DAK, DHS, and whatever crap is going on at Epcot.
I'm ok with removing something fairly mundane as the speedway to replace with something that might add to the theming of Tomorrowland instead of taking away from it.

While that idea is always great in theory. I still think MK is under capacity and additions at the other parks are not gonna do enough to draw people away. It is just sad that as big as that park is that it doesn't have as many attractions as it should.

Stitch1804

I'd have to imagine that it would make sense for D23 but not this year. Don't they have enough to talk about with the ongoing construction to talk about something that may not begin construction for a few years? Construction of "officially announced" projects have extended well into 2019 so why officially announce another major project? At most I could see them officially announcing Ratatouille. Hopefully I'm wrong!!!

Toy Story Land and Star Wars Land were announced in 2015. They will be ready in 2018 and 2019. If they plan to open the Tron ride in 2020, it makes sense to announce it this year.

radiohost

Not going to repeat what I said earlier in this thread.

Many of you don't realize MK is a place where families can come and have fun, together.

My two year old drove the car with me as a passenger. We had fun together. Replace this with a tron coaster and that doesn't happen until he's tall enough. And that is if he even likes roller coasters.

FigmentForver96

Many of you don't realize MK is a place where families can come and have fun, together.

My two year old drove the car with me as a passenger. We had fun together. Replace this with a tron coaster and that doesn't happen until he's tall enough. And that is if he even likes roller coasters.
Yep, families of all ages.

huwar18

I completely agree! My son is a year old. However, they are slowly turning Magic Kingdom into a Six Flags. We don't need roller coasters. The idea of the parks was to have a place for families.

KrazyKat

IMG_5461.JPG I'm on the side of adding not replacing an attraction. I'm also excited for the TRON lightcycle if this turns out to be true. Just please Disney, add don't replace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom