Replacement for Tomorrowland Speedway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Adventurer
I've been out for a few weeks. Has it been confirmed that Tron is replacing the Tomorrowland Speedway?
It will no longer be the "Speedway." Thankfully that thematic disaster is being eliminated.

Edit: My source called it the "Tronway."

The end result will be something quite akin to...
IMG_0367.JPG

And if some of the rumors stating that the outdoor portion will be nixed; It's possible the show will be enclosed in a warehouse space further supporting those claims of complete immersion.
It will be an near direct lift from Shanghai, with the outdoor section.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It will no longer be the "Speedway." Thankfully that thematic disaster is being eliminated.

View attachment 215489

Tron (or some other sci-fi theme) Racers! Cool.

But the main bone of contention is whether the outdoor section will have the light-up glass(?) cover or be exposed to the elements. Do you know or can say?

Buried20KLeague

Tron (or some other sci-fi theme) Racers! Cool.

But the main bone of contention is whether the outdoor section will have the light-up glass(?) cover or be exposed to the elements. Do you know or can say?

I don't know why this keeps getting debated. There's no way it doesn't get the glass canopy and lighting package. That's the whole deal with TRON.

bclane

View attachment 215489

Yesssssss! I was hoping the cars would look similar to the Light Runner! I can't wait! Do you know if this will be inside its own show building after they re-do it or if they will integrate part of the track into the Tron Light cycle show building somehow? It would be fantastic if these ride vehicles could enter the grid and not just be an outdoor ride

Buried20KLeague

Yesssssss! I was hoping the cars would look similar to the Light Runner! I can't wait! Do you know if this will be inside its own show building after they re-do it or if they will integrate part of the track into the Tron Light cycle show building somehow? It would be fantastic if these ride vehicles could enter the grid and not just be an outdoor ride

Common sense would tell me that the new TRON-themed speedway would wander about below the walkway to the entrance to the ride, below the glass canopy. In Shanghai, the area is mostly just plants and landscape, along with Tomorrowland's FP distribution area, bathrooms, and their Star Wars Experience area... All of which aren't needed in the MK.

jaxonp

I don't think it would take much to update the look of Tomorrowland. Paint, color, and a lighting upgrade all over the land plu a few cosmetic additions to the surrounding buildings would make all the difference. Space Mountain will look good next to Tron, imo. What would need to change, imo, would be the ride signage needs to be simplified and updated and the planets above astro orbiter need some help.

KrzyKtty

Common sense would tell me that the new TRON-themed speedway would wander about below the walkway to the entrance to the ride, below the glass canopy. In Shanghai, the area is mostly just plants and landscape, along with Tomorrowland's FP distribution area, bathrooms, and their Star Wars Experience area... All of which aren't needed in the MK.
That is what I was thinking as well.

21stamps

Now the Speedway and a coaster are both going to be Tron themed?
That's a big investment in a single movie.

I'm calling slim chance on that one.lol

21stamps

Couldn't they just make the Speedway a futuristic theme without a movie attachment?
Or is that slim chance as well?

Bairstow

Now the Speedway and a coaster are both going to be Tron themed?
That's a big investment in a single movie.

I'm calling slim chance on that one.lol

That also seems unlikely to me.
I could see their adding the Shanghai Tron ride, maybe as a replacement to the Speedway, but an outdoor overlay of the speedway with the Tron theme, in the daylight Florida sun, seems incongruous at best. I definitely can't see their doing both, especially when Tron is not a money-making property in terms of other media or merchandise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom