Reopening Disneyland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I hope that the expectation does go through, and then some.

But I have also heard rumors that the decline in cases is starting to plateau, which I believe Fauci had mentioned on CBS' "Face the Nation". He didn't refer to California in particular, he was referring to the nation as a whole. But he did mention how Europe had seen a decline in cases as well, followed by a plateauing of said decline, followed after that, sadly, by another rise in cases. I hope that does not happen here.
Well we now know the time frame of reopening as confirmed by Chapek, in late April. So Disney is moving forward to reopening next month.

In the next couple weeks I suspect we'll hear an official date.

mharrington

Well we now know the time frame of reopening as confirmed by Chapek, in late April. So Disney is moving forward to reopening next month.

I just hope cases can stay down and not rebound. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see it reopen, but I also know that anything can happen.

And in the meantime, I heard also that 60 Disney Store locations are shutting down, including one close to where I live, which is really sad, even though the Disney Store of today is not the one that I remember, where you can buy figurines and artwork, as well as toys and clothes.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I just hope cases can stay down and not rebound. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see it reopen, but I also know that anything can happen.

And in the meantime, I heard also that 60 Disney Store locations are shutting down, including one close to where I live, which is really sad, even though the Disney Store of today is not the one that I remember, where you can buy figurines and artwork, as well as toys and clothes.
As more vaccinations happen daily the more likely it is that cases will remain low. Even a single shot of either Moderna or Pfizer two dose vaccine provides enough protection for cases to remain low. As of today California is at 24.2% of those over 18 getting at least a single shot. And so by the end of April that could be over 50%. Point is that we’re at a point where it’s starting to have an impact of preventing new infections. So I’m not worried about cases rising again in a major outbreak.

As for the Disney Stores, while sad this was likely to happen anyways in the near future it just got accelerated.

TP2000

As of today California is at 24.2% of those over 18 getting at least a single shot. And so by the end of April that could be over 50%. Point is that we’re at a point where it’s starting to have an impact of preventing new infections. So I’m not worried about cases rising again in a major outbreak.

I'm an old guy who wants to wait for the J&J single shot version, especially after my first appointment for the Pfizer shot got cancelled on the Othena App after the ice storms in Texas cancelled the shipments. I haven't bothered logging on to the Othena App since then. Should I hold off on getting vaccinated?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I'm an old guy who wants to wait for the J&J single shot version, especially after my first appointment for the Pfizer shot got cancelled on the Othena App after the ice storms in Texas cancelled the shipments. I haven't bothered logging on to the Othena App since then. Should I hold off on getting vaccinated?
As I suggested to you last month get vaccinated when you can with whichever vaccine is available to you at the time of your appointment. So check the App, make an appointment, and get whichever one is available.

SuddenStorm

Original Poster

My employer just offered 8 hours PTO for any employee who gets vaccinated. Which makes me actually consider it, I could use a vacation and if the science and data is to be believed immunity from natural infection only lasts three months so I'm in danger of contracting the virus again.

ToTBellHop

If you are old, you should get your shot so you don’t die and there’s no one here to compare The State of the Day with California.

I’m hoping Hawaii is next so we can understand why they can have a luau.

Emmanuel

if the science and data is to be believed immunity from natural infection only lasts three months so I'm in danger of contracting the virus again.

Thats what I heard too. Hopefully by next month in CA, vaccines will begin to be available for anyone that needs one as I got COVID back in January and I expect my natural antibodies to expire sometime mid-April. At first opportunity when that comes i'm scheduling mine.

flutas

Some might say they are moving DisneylandForward™.

Hopefully Anaheim, and the neighborhoods DisneylandForward™ hits, will actually support them with this endeavor.

SuddenStorm

Original Poster
Disney has an Experience Update page on their website.

Upon reopening, certain theme parks, hotels, restaurants and other locations may be limited in capacity and subject to restricted availability or even closure based on guidance from health experts and government officials. Furthermore, certain attractions, experiences, services and amenities will be modified, have limited availability or remain closed. Park admission and offerings are not guaranteed. We will provide more information as it becomes available. We reserve the right to cancel any reservations, admission media or purchases and provide applicable refunds. Please also see our policies regarding cancellations by Guests.

As a result of the impact of COVID-19 on operations, FASTPASS and Disney MaxPass services are suspended for the time being and are not available for purchase or use. We will share future updates at a later date.

Magic Morning and Extra Magic Hour offerings will be suspended upon reopening of our hotels and theme parks as we plan to manage capacity. We will share any updates on these offerings at a later date.

Additionally, select attractions and certain experiences that draw large group gatherings—such as parades and nighttime spectaculars—will return at a later date. While character meet-and-greets will be temporarily unavailable, Characters will be in our parks in new ways to entertain and delight our Guests. The Disneyland Resort will also have capacity measures in place, as well as limitations on parking and operating hours.

So, confirmed no parades or fireworks. No Fantasmic. No Fastpass or Maxpass (why do they have Fastpass in all caps on their site, but not Maxpass?), no Extra Magic Hour (a selling point for staying at a Disney hotel).

A workaround they had considered was having the character on a stand, and giving guests to take socially distant selfies with them. Not nearly as personal as a traditional meet and greet, but it's something. It's interesting that no meet and greets will be available.

This leaves huge chunks of Disneyland empty- The Launch Bay and Fantasy Faire being two main ones.

Darkbeer1

So, confirmed no parades or fireworks. No Fantasmic. No Fastpass or Maxpass (why do they have Fastpass in all caps on their site, but not Maxpass?), no Extra Magic Hour (a selling point for staying at a Disney hotel).

I think the FASTPASS issue is due to how the term was copyrighted/trademarked.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I wonder if they enforce people taking the masks off on rides?
What do you mean? like they will enforce people having to wear them on rides? if so that will be yes. they will be very serious about that. or do you mean will they enforce that it is ok for people to remove them on rides?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom